5* hotel? Ha! Not likely.
Based on our experience with Iberostar hotels in the past, we were expecting much more from this hotel.
The hotel is in a beautiful location, close to the beach, easy walking distance to Kos Town, but that is about it.
The hotel very obviously caters to an older, German clientele. The food is heavy, filled with cream and butter, and very bland. Greek cuisine is wonderful, and there was a noted lack of anything local. The only evening entertainment at the resort is a keyboard player we lovingly nicknamed The Barracuda for his love of cheesy suits and bad music.
We booked the hotel as an all-inclusive package, expecting the service we received at the Iberostar Varadero (an exclusively AI resort in Cuba). However, preferential treatment is given to the half-board customers as the staff received more tips from them as they were paying for drinks, food, etc at the time of purchase. At the lobby bar, a server would take our orders as soon as we sat down, but we would then wait up to 30 minutes for our drinks, while the half-board patrons would receive theirs immediately. Service at the pool bar was just as bad. One of the bartenders would not serve us because we didn't speak german.
There was also a lot of confusion as to what was actually included in our all-inclusive package. We were not able to eat at the snack bar by the pool without paying, and random drinks were not available. Internet prices were unbelievably high (8Euro for 1 hour), so to just check our email, we had to wait until we went into town, where prices at the internet cafes are much more reasonable (1Euro for 1 hour).
Based on our overall experience, we would definitely not travel to this hotel again, and do not recommend it for an all-inclusive vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reflecting the crystal clear Aegean waters, 200m from the beach, KIPRIOTIS PANORAMA HOTEL & SUITES is conveniently located in the area of Psalidi, on the North - East coast of the island of Kos, only 3km from Kos town and 25km from Kos International Airport. Amphitheatrically built, its shiny glass facade strikes out from the natural scenic beauty that surrounds it, enabling the visitor to stare the undreamt view to the immense sky-blue Aegean sea. With state of the art conference facilities of 1.500 people total capacity, a fantastic sky bar on the 7th floor "Red Loft Sky Bar" and an impressive spa center "Hippocrates Holistic Wellness Spa", Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites provide the best proposition to both business and leisure travelers. Majestic and ample, modern and luxurious, warm and welcoming, this 5* deluxe property has been designed to offer unprecedented standards of hospitality. The hotel features 253 spaciously designed units of standard rooms, junior suites, executive suites and one presidential suite. All rooms have a superb view either on to the sea or the mountain. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Booking.com, TravelUp, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kipriotis Panorama Hotel Psalidi
- Kipriotis Panorama And Suites
- Iberostar Hotel Kipriotis Panorama
- Iberostar Hotel Psalidi
- Iberostar Kipriotis Panorama
- Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites Kos/Psalidi