First off, the place is really nice. It's part of a major Iberostar complex with hotels of varying quality (although they all claim to be 5*!)
We booked a suite which was a great size, although the balcony saw no sun whatsoever and 2 adults and 2 kids (3 and 1) were easily accomodated and once asleep, the kids were well and truly in their own room.
The All Inclusive package we were on meant that the brand name drinks kept coming and for the food and drink I have no complaints, although they have a peculiar policy to Ice Cream! You can only get it under AI for an hour in the afternoon, but can drink branded drinks from about 10am to midnight for free! Not a great selling point for a 1 year old.
The beach at the bottom of the steep hill is rubbish, a far cry from some of the lovely beaches elsewhere on the island. Also, all 3 pools were freezing cold despite the air temperature being over 30 degrees every day. Quite why this was I don't know, but it was too cold for little kids to swim in.
And therein is the problem. The place is not designed for young families as despite there being a quite dangerous kids club (which reminded us of Peter Kays Pink Paradise - made up of scaffolding and bubblewrap) on site which was managed by a lovely lady who kept the frappes going, there is little else.
Satellite TV equated to Sky News, CNN and a variety of Russian / Italian / Greek / German entertainment channels. English was the only language which was not catered for! No movie facility and when you've got to be back in your room at a reasonable hour each night, you would expect there to be something in English language for you to watch.
The bar staff were great; the restaurant staff were exceptional; but the reception staff were rude and did not respond to the compaints over the internet service which is not high speed! When I argued over the 8 euro an hour charge for what equated to a 56k dial up being sold as "High Speed Satelitte", I was told that the satelitte must be out of position!!!!
The evening entertainment was like a porn soundtrack with the same chap rolled out night after night playing the same tunes in the same order. No wonder the drinks are free!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reflecting the crystal clear Aegean waters, 200m from the beach, KIPRIOTIS PANORAMA HOTEL & SUITES is conveniently located in the area of Psalidi, on the North - East coast of the island of Kos, only 3km from Kos town and 25km from Kos International Airport. Amphitheatrically built, its shiny glass facade strikes out from the natural scenic beauty that surrounds it, enabling the visitor to stare the undreamt view to the immense sky-blue Aegean sea. With state of the art conference facilities of 1.500 people total capacity, a fantastic sky bar on the 7th floor "Red Loft Sky Bar" and an impressive spa center "Hippocrates Holistic Wellness Spa", Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites provide the best proposition to both business and leisure travelers. Majestic and ample, modern and luxurious, warm and welcoming, this 5* deluxe property has been designed to offer unprecedented standards of hospitality. The hotel features 253 spaciously designed units of standard rooms, junior suites, executive suites and one presidential suite. All rooms have a superb view either on to the sea or the mountain. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Stayforlong S.L., Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, TripOnline SA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kipriotis Panorama Hotel Psalidi
- Kipriotis Panorama And Suites
- Iberostar Hotel Kipriotis Panorama
- Iberostar Hotel Psalidi
- Iberostar Kipriotis Panorama
- Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites Kos/Psalidi