“2nd visit with our girls was wonderful as 1st vacation without them”

Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Psalidi
Israel
“2nd visit with our girls was wonderful as 1st vacation without them”
Reviewed 19 July 2009

My wife and I decided on a last minute 7-day trip-10-17 July (planned 3 days before arrival) with our 2 daughters (4.5 and 1 year old). We were in this hotel 2 years ago (2007), and had a wonderful and peaceful stay. We decided then that we will return with our children because of the plenty facilities for children: many swimming pools (you can use the pools of the other hotels, i.e. Maris and Family=Kos bay view, as well), including the waterslides, there is a "Playland" perfect for children of all ages with a lot of climbing and jumping options (big Inflatables), and the animation team for ages 4-7, 8-11 and 12 up.
My daughter (4.5) asked me to write that she had a very good time, especially with the animation team (Vessy and Joke) that invited her to participate in all the activities even though she does not speak English; most of the food was good, especially the meat; she liked the pools very much. I can tell that she did not want to go back home!
Management: since we are "returners" we got a Junior suite for a special price - thanks to Ms. Palapani and the hotel manager, Mr. Morfopos. Since we were to arrive after dinnertime (at about 22:00) we got cold plate dinner waiting in the room for a special price and got the 7th dinner meal on the day of departure. We had to add 40 Euros to keep a room until departure at 18:30, which I think is a resonable price. The change of room was a bit uncomfortable but we still got a good room.
Food: The variety is so wide that you cannot try everything! I ate so much every Breakfast and every dinner that I almost ate nothing in between (Half-board). Every dinner we even found something for my baby to eat! She did not stop eating, so every meal took us more than an hour! Important: Breakfast is served from 7:30-10:00, but you can eat Continental breakfast until 11:00! (that means that they do not cook new warm food). The downsides of the food in our opinion are: the pancakes are usually not so good; some of the meat dishes are not juicy even if just grilled! But you have French fries and ice cream every dinner!
Pools: are very clean and very spacious, with sweet water. We chose Panorama hotel which is much quieter than Family hotel - that meant a 3 minutes walk with my daughter to bring her to the animation program or to the waterslides. The big plus was that we had quiet and very empty pools (also for our 1 year old baby) for us in our hotel.
Internet access: 2 Euro for 30 minutes.
Main downside of our hotel - very few animation programs for adults (was this time quite irrelevant for us), but I took my 4 year old to the Greek night in Panorama Family hotel on our last night and it was great! (In our hotel Greek night was on Tuesday during dinner by the pools).
Room: We had a fabulous room! (Junior suite - 212) Very very spacious with one double bed + 1 single bed + cot +couch + 2 sofas as sitting corner + sea view. We even got 2 bathrobes that we did not use!
All in all, although we came with a sick baby (got fever one day before we arrived), we had a fabulous time! I will recommend the Hotel for everyone I know that likes quiet holidays!
Beach: Main downside of the hotel - is not far but very pebbly, and therefore a bit neglected and deserted.
Weather: the first two days were very hot but it is almost always windy, so there is no problem. The problem could be when small children are using the pools when the outer temperature is much colder. We went to swim at about 12:30 and 17:30 every day (before and after noon nap), and it was good (sunset at about 20:30).
Children: They have a very good animation team! And every evening at 20:30 in Family hotel they have a Minidisco (same routine every night so the children can get familiar with the dances) - do not miss it! It is suitable for children up to 12 years old (at least).
Last tip: the minimarkets are quite expensive, but a bit further (in front of Kipriotis village you can find a cheaper minimarket). I prefer to bring diapers, mosquito protection and sun protection from home.
Last story: On our way to Kos our bigger suitcase pole (trolley) disconnected - I asked for a screwdriver to try fixing it, but the guy from maintenance fixed it and denied any tip!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Jose, CA
Reviewed 1 July 2009

This hotel is a nice resort but more of a 3 star than a 5 star experience. I had a confirmed reservation at the Hotel through Expedia. When I arrived, they said I did not have a room, shuttled me down to the "Suites" which is not as nice, said I had a room, then on check out told me my Expedia rate was reused, charged me 150% of the price I had got at expedia. When I asked to see a manager they kept me waiting for 35 minutes then said a manager was not comine. They refused to write any of the dispute down so that I could argue with expedia. They calimed my reservation "was nothing to them" and I had to pay the higher rate.

So buyer beware unless you book with them directly. Otherwise, it is in a great location, close to town by bus. The food was typical for an "all inclusive" resort - edible but nothing special. Breakfast started at 7am, but they did not get around to distruting coffee until 7:30.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank reservationrefused
Sande, Norway
Reviewed 25 June 2009

We were stunned by the cleanliness of the hotel. The staff were excellent and the rooms so spacy and comfortable that it was difficult to leave. We only had breakfast and a few dinners there, but all were great. Great variation in the buffet during our stay.

The drawback is the rather small pool (great kids pool though) and the long walk and crossing of a street to get to the beach.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank MervynDay
LIVERPOOL
Reviewed 29 May 2009

This is the first time ever I have written a report on a hotel. After reading some of the reviews on this hotel I feel that others deserve to know just how good this place is.
First of all the hotel itself. It is spotless clean the rooms are fantastic the view's are amazing and the staff are wonderful. Our room number was 617 on the 6Th floor our balcony had the sun after 4 pm The room was cleaned every day the towels 2 Bath & 2 hand were changed every day so was the shower curtain and the sheets & pillow cases on the beds. The air conditioning was good. we had a bath robe each . there was a fridge in the room. I must point out here that we were half board ( You can upgrade to all inclusive for 23 euros a day just ask at reception even if you only want to do it a few days continuous ) I asked this question twice and was told yes.
The food is just amazing the choice is vast if you have a breakfast and an evening meal you just won`t want anything else as you can eat as much as you like.
The staff and I mean all of the staff are very good ,helpful, curtius, friendly any thing you want they will help you with just ask and they can`t do enough for you.
This is indeed a 5 star hotel. We have travelled extensively throughout the world and this hotel is up there with the best of them.
It is an international hotel as all good hotels should be with a mixture of clientele from other countries we had as good a time as any of them ( no one gets treated any different ) No matter where you come from. If you want a hotel that caters only for Brits then go to Benidorm or Tenerife.
The swimming pools are great ( You really can get a sun bed ) Blue towels for the pool are also in your room and you can change them at the pool or reception when you have finished with them each day.
At the time of writing this the euro to the £ was 1.08 this I got at M & S before we went away for the 2 weeks . In the hotel the exchange rate is 86 cents to the £ so beware.
There are no cash points in the hotel and the only cash points we came across are in Kos town there are only a few and this is the first place we have ever been to that we didn`t come across a exchange booth or money changer.
You will read on other reviews that it takes 15 minutes to walk into Kos town. well let me tell you Seb Coe at his best couldn`t do it in that time it will take you at least 30 minutes and in the heat you will be dripping wet before you get there and then you have to walk around the harbour and the town.You can get the bus outside the hotel No 1 or No 5 into Kos for 1.30 euro you can pay on the bus you don`t need the exact change or you can buy a ticket from the reception desk. You can ask at reception to order you a Taxi ( free of charge ) it will be there for you in a few minutes and the cost into Kos is 8 euros and it is the same coming back ( there are a few taxi stands in and around the town so it is easy to get one back to the hotel ). There are lots and lots of car hire/motor bike/cycle hire places all over the place so if you wish you could do this. for car hire the cheapest we came across was 40 euros for 1 day or 110 euros for 3 days ( you will have great difficulty trying to find a parking place anywhere in or around Kos town ).
We went with Thomas Cook and everything was o.k no complaints what so ever about the company. But if you are booking excursions do it yourself you will save a fortune and there are lots of places outside the hotel to do this. We did half a dozen excursions with a company called Tagaki express they pick you up outside the hotel by the bus stop that you would use to go into Kos. ( to find the booking office go out of the hotel to the bottom of the hill and turn right it is a 5 minute walk )
You can go to the harbour in Kos and book direct with the boat it is easy and we did this twice as well but you have to make your own way from the hotel and back.
( We did the 3 islands tour twice and they were both different and great fun ) the boats we went on for these were Kalypso this has water slides. and the other was Poseidon this was more relaxed and went to different places on 2 of the islands both trips are great value for money and lunch is included in the price.
The Greek night should not be missed either.
Now back to the hotel again and I just want to add that on the island prices are fixed or so it seems for example a small beer is 2.50 euro for local beer 3 euro for a small glass of wine, bottles of wine vary in price but the cheapest one we got was 15 euro and it was very nice.
Now in the hotel a small local beer was 2.50 and a big one 4 euro a very small glass of wine ( out of a box ) was 2.50 a cocktail was 6.50 and an ouzo 3 euro a glass of coke 2.50
they did however give short measure on the beer.
In the main restaurant a carafe of wine was 6 euro ( again out of a box same as bar )
beer priced the same as bar. As you walk into restaurant they had a huge selection of bottled wine you could choose one then it would be served at your table these cost from 20 euros and upwards.
Just a word again about the waiters and bar staff they were great and to mention just a few.Dimitrius and Akis behind the bar by reception and Cristina who waited tables these three are tremendous.
I did read about people who had booked the kipriotis panorama the same as us and ended up in another hotel this was not our experience nor did it happen to anyone else who we talked to so no comment on this. It is up to you when you book a holiday to get from your agent ( in writing ) exactly what you have asked for then they have to give you what you have paid for it is the same for your flight times remember you have to vacate your room at 12 noon so it really is up to you to get the flight times that you want and if you are told oh sorry these are the only flights available then book with someone else you will be amazed how these agents find a different flight when you go to walk out of the shop or go to hang up the phone.
The only thing that people may have difficulty with is the hotel is at the top of a steep incline so it does take a bit of effort to get up it. the hotel has a mini bus that will take you up and down the hill just ask the man on the barrier at the bottom he will happily phone the bus for you or to come down ask at reception.
a safety deposit box will cost you 40 euro for 2 weeks this is a bit steep but I think it is worth 3 euro a day for peace of mind ( by the way Kos is crime free ) so don't worry .
The beach is pebbles and the hotel does have its own stretch and the beds are free . if you go to either side of there beach for 5 euro ( that's for 2 beds and an umbrella )
they have cleared the pebbles at these and put sand down these belong to other hotels
but they don`t mind you using them.
That is it I hope it has been of some help to you and like us you will have a great time.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
7 Thank LiverpoolDen
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 27 May 2009

booked it on the internet, wasn't sure, like you never are how it will be, only able to stay 1 day/night. we were made up , it was unbelievable, the food as it was half board, was great, soooo many choices on the buffet, the waiters were very friendly and spoke good english, and the rooms were second to none loved it, we were given a suite, as per the booking, it was huge and would easy fit a family of 6....2 rooms acually...we paid $95 canadian dollars for the night, great price and we thought the town of kos and the island was just as good as SANTORINI which is way over rated.....but still nice...

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Isle of Man
Reviewed 29 March 2009

Last year was our third visit to this hotel, we had previously stayed there with our children and have stayed twice as a winter break as a couple. We booked this hotel through Lastminute.com as we found a reasonable half/board one week’s holiday. The hotel is very nice, clean and the rooms are spacious. They seem to keep their staff as we recognised some of the restaurant staff from previous stays. The food in the restaurant is good and although I am a fussy vegetarian I found plenty to eat. It was near the end of the season when we stayed last and although the surrounding area was very quiet and not much open we enjoyed our stay as we were looking for a quiet holiday. We would recommend hiring bicycles as it is a great way to get into Kos town from the hotel, (although there is an adequate bus service). There is a promenade across the road from the hotel which takes you direct into the town centre. We also rode to the hot springs (or rather I walked with my bicycle up the steep hills). The Castle in Kos Town is well worth a visit (just check what hours/days they are open). We also took a bus tour the previous year which took us around the Island visiting various places which is a great way to see the Island.
Overall we have not had a bad experience when staying at this hotel, the staff were friendly, the reception area spotless they are constantly polishing the floors. All I would say that it perhaps needs a bit of TLC to make it worthy of its 5* status.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IOMIsleofMan
Leuven, Belgium
Reviewed 4 November 2008

Superb hotel. The entrance / lobby is like the rest of the hotel : shiny, large and impressive. We had a room on the 7th floor with frontal sea view (see photo) : amazing view ! Food was very, very good, although a bit too international to our taste. It is a quiet hotel with virtually no animation besides the same live artist every evening; not bad but some variation would have been nice. Swimming pool is beautiful and there are plenty of sunbeds, umbrella's, ... We had all-in, which is also very interesting in this hotel; virtually everything is included (wine, cocktails, beer, ... and even irish coffee and so on). This distance to the city center is approx. 4 km, which is a bit too far. Furhtermore, the walk is not very interesting (nothing to see).

We would definitely recommend this hotel, especially for couples travelling without children.

• Liked — Very luxuruous hotel
  • Disliked — Rather far away from the city center
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Kim_Jorgen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Psalidi
Kipriotis Village Resort
Michelangelo Resort and Spa
Grecotel Kos Imperial Hotel
Mitsis Ramira Beach Hotel
Astir Odysseus Resort & Spa
Kipriotis Hippocrates
Kipriotis Hippocrates
#9 of 19 in Psalidi

Been to Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!