My wife and I decided on a last minute 7-day trip-10-17 July (planned 3 days before arrival) with our 2 daughters (4.5 and 1 year old). We were in this hotel 2 years ago (2007), and had a wonderful and peaceful stay. We decided then that we will return with our children because of the plenty facilities for children: many swimming pools (you can use the pools of the other hotels, i.e. Maris and Family=Kos bay view, as well), including the waterslides, there is a "Playland" perfect for children of all ages with a lot of climbing and jumping options (big Inflatables), and the animation team for ages 4-7, 8-11 and 12 up.
My daughter (4.5) asked me to write that she had a very good time, especially with the animation team (Vessy and Joke) that invited her to participate in all the activities even though she does not speak English; most of the food was good, especially the meat; she liked the pools very much. I can tell that she did not want to go back home!
Management: since we are "returners" we got a Junior suite for a special price - thanks to Ms. Palapani and the hotel manager, Mr. Morfopos. Since we were to arrive after dinnertime (at about 22:00) we got cold plate dinner waiting in the room for a special price and got the 7th dinner meal on the day of departure. We had to add 40 Euros to keep a room until departure at 18:30, which I think is a resonable price. The change of room was a bit uncomfortable but we still got a good room.
Food: The variety is so wide that you cannot try everything! I ate so much every Breakfast and every dinner that I almost ate nothing in between (Half-board). Every dinner we even found something for my baby to eat! She did not stop eating, so every meal took us more than an hour! Important: Breakfast is served from 7:30-10:00, but you can eat Continental breakfast until 11:00! (that means that they do not cook new warm food). The downsides of the food in our opinion are: the pancakes are usually not so good; some of the meat dishes are not juicy even if just grilled! But you have French fries and ice cream every dinner!
Pools: are very clean and very spacious, with sweet water. We chose Panorama hotel which is much quieter than Family hotel - that meant a 3 minutes walk with my daughter to bring her to the animation program or to the waterslides. The big plus was that we had quiet and very empty pools (also for our 1 year old baby) for us in our hotel.
Internet access: 2 Euro for 30 minutes.
Main downside of our hotel - very few animation programs for adults (was this time quite irrelevant for us), but I took my 4 year old to the Greek night in Panorama Family hotel on our last night and it was great! (In our hotel Greek night was on Tuesday during dinner by the pools).
Room: We had a fabulous room! (Junior suite - 212) Very very spacious with one double bed + 1 single bed + cot +couch + 2 sofas as sitting corner + sea view. We even got 2 bathrobes that we did not use!
All in all, although we came with a sick baby (got fever one day before we arrived), we had a fabulous time! I will recommend the Hotel for everyone I know that likes quiet holidays!
Beach: Main downside of the hotel - is not far but very pebbly, and therefore a bit neglected and deserted.
Weather: the first two days were very hot but it is almost always windy, so there is no problem. The problem could be when small children are using the pools when the outer temperature is much colder. We went to swim at about 12:30 and 17:30 every day (before and after noon nap), and it was good (sunset at about 20:30).
Children: They have a very good animation team! And every evening at 20:30 in Family hotel they have a Minidisco (same routine every night so the children can get familiar with the dances) - do not miss it! It is suitable for children up to 12 years old (at least).
Last tip: the minimarkets are quite expensive, but a bit further (in front of Kipriotis village you can find a cheaper minimarket). I prefer to bring diapers, mosquito protection and sun protection from home.
Last story: On our way to Kos our bigger suitcase pole (trolley) disconnected - I asked for a screwdriver to try fixing it, but the guy from maintenance fixed it and denied any tip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reflecting the crystal clear Aegean waters, 200m from the beach, KIPRIOTIS PANORAMA HOTEL & SUITES is conveniently located in the area of Psalidi, on the North - East coast of the island of Kos, only 3km from Kos town and 25km from Kos International Airport. Amphitheatrically built, its shiny glass facade strikes out from the natural scenic beauty that surrounds it, enabling the visitor to stare the undreamt view to the immense sky-blue Aegean sea. With state of the art conference facilities of 1.500 people total capacity, a fantastic sky bar on the 7th floor "Red Loft Sky Bar" and an impressive spa center "Hippocrates Holistic Wellness Spa", Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites provide the best proposition to both business and leisure travelers. Majestic and ample, modern and luxurious, warm and welcoming, this 5* deluxe property has been designed to offer unprecedented standards of hospitality. The hotel features 253 spaciously designed units of standard rooms, junior suites, executive suites and one presidential suite. All rooms have a superb view either on to the sea or the mountain. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Bookgreece.com, Jet2Holidays , Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kipriotis Panorama Hotel Psalidi
- Kipriotis Panorama And Suites
- Iberostar Hotel Kipriotis Panorama
- Iberostar Hotel Psalidi
- Iberostar Kipriotis Panorama
- Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites Kos/Psalidi