We have stayed at this hotel on three previous occasions and loved it, but this time I'm afraid they have probably lost my business for good.
We booked this hotel for the last week of the season as we know the hotel well and have twice before stayed at this time of year. As expected, the rest of the complex of hotels was closed, leaving just the Panorama open. We expected the usual closing of local businesses but thought that at least this hotel would provide good standards, and as it is all under one roof it was suitable should we experience bad weather (which we did, with a vengence!)
On arrival we experienced the usual parsiminious Iberostar attitude of no welcome drink and an extortionate 25 euros for a safe but were checked in efficently, although we were offered no help with our luggage this time. Our room was of the standard we remembered, well furnished, clean and comfortable, with a wonderful sea view.
The hotel was very quiet, much quieter than other years at the same time, and there was a greatly reduced choice of food for dinner. There was no champagne breakfast on the Sunday, in fact there was no sparkling wine at the bar either, and we were told that as it was the end of the season they would not be replenishing the stock. The food choice got no better and for the first time at this hotel I started to recognise items that had been put out the previous day and re-heated. This continued throughout our stay and by Wednesday there was a veal dish on offer that was older than me. The best thing though was the bullet like carrots that had been appearing each night being served for breakfast on the Thursday! Everyone else at the hotel that we spoke to were also complaining and the poor staff who were doing their best under the circumstances could do nothing but apologise.
On Tuesday we reciefved notification that we were being moved out of the hotel on Thursday as it was closing for the season and that we would be moved to the Kipriotis village for the remainder of our stay. as this was a downgrade from 5 to 4 star we were rather concerned about this but while we considered what to do we were offered instead a transfer to the 5 star Blue Lagoon. On our last night at the Panorama we were given free drinks (as we were half board, what the all-inclusive customers got I don't know, but I'd hazzard a guess that it was nothing).
On the Thursday we were transferred to the Blue Lagoon in the Panorama's rickety minibus and what a change we experienced. Welcome drinks, enthusiastic staff and a general air of being on holiday rather than being in the waiting room at the dentists.
I feel very sorry for the staff at the Panorama as they really did try their best, from the Maitre D and bar manager to the cleaners. Some standards did remain, in particular the cleanliness of the rooms and public areas. I understand that there has been a change in management this year and that the chef has also changed.
This is not the hotel that it once was and it is with great regret that I feel i can no longer recommend it to my friends and family as I have done in the past. If you want a decent holiday on Kos, check out the Blue Lagoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reflecting the crystal clear Aegean waters, 200m from the beach, KIPRIOTIS PANORAMA HOTEL & SUITES is conveniently located in the area of Psalidi, on the North - East coast of the island of Kos, only 3km from Kos town and 25km from Kos International Airport. Amphitheatrically built, its shiny glass facade strikes out from the natural scenic beauty that surrounds it, enabling the visitor to stare the undreamt view to the immense sky-blue Aegean sea. With state of the art conference facilities of 1.500 people total capacity, a fantastic sky bar on the 7th floor "Red Loft Sky Bar" and an impressive spa center "Hippocrates Holistic Wellness Spa", Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites provide the best proposition to both business and leisure travelers. Majestic and ample, modern and luxurious, warm and welcoming, this 5* deluxe property has been designed to offer unprecedented standards of hospitality. The hotel features 253 spaciously designed units of standard rooms, junior suites, executive suites and one presidential suite. All rooms have a superb view either on to the sea or the mountain. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Ebookers, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kipriotis Panorama Hotel Psalidi
- Kipriotis Panorama And Suites
- Iberostar Hotel Kipriotis Panorama
- Iberostar Hotel Psalidi
- Iberostar Kipriotis Panorama
- Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites Kos/Psalidi