“Fourth visit, and probably the last.”

Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Psalidi
Reviewed 3 November 2009

We have stayed at this hotel on three previous occasions and loved it, but this time I'm afraid they have probably lost my business for good.
We booked this hotel for the last week of the season as we know the hotel well and have twice before stayed at this time of year. As expected, the rest of the complex of hotels was closed, leaving just the Panorama open. We expected the usual closing of local businesses but thought that at least this hotel would provide good standards, and as it is all under one roof it was suitable should we experience bad weather (which we did, with a vengence!)
On arrival we experienced the usual parsiminious Iberostar attitude of no welcome drink and an extortionate 25 euros for a safe but were checked in efficently, although we were offered no help with our luggage this time. Our room was of the standard we remembered, well furnished, clean and comfortable, with a wonderful sea view.
The hotel was very quiet, much quieter than other years at the same time, and there was a greatly reduced choice of food for dinner. There was no champagne breakfast on the Sunday, in fact there was no sparkling wine at the bar either, and we were told that as it was the end of the season they would not be replenishing the stock. The food choice got no better and for the first time at this hotel I started to recognise items that had been put out the previous day and re-heated. This continued throughout our stay and by Wednesday there was a veal dish on offer that was older than me. The best thing though was the bullet like carrots that had been appearing each night being served for breakfast on the Thursday! Everyone else at the hotel that we spoke to were also complaining and the poor staff who were doing their best under the circumstances could do nothing but apologise.
On Tuesday we reciefved notification that we were being moved out of the hotel on Thursday as it was closing for the season and that we would be moved to the Kipriotis village for the remainder of our stay. as this was a downgrade from 5 to 4 star we were rather concerned about this but while we considered what to do we were offered instead a transfer to the 5 star Blue Lagoon. On our last night at the Panorama we were given free drinks (as we were half board, what the all-inclusive customers got I don't know, but I'd hazzard a guess that it was nothing).
On the Thursday we were transferred to the Blue Lagoon in the Panorama's rickety minibus and what a change we experienced. Welcome drinks, enthusiastic staff and a general air of being on holiday rather than being in the waiting room at the dentists.

I feel very sorry for the staff at the Panorama as they really did try their best, from the Maitre D and bar manager to the cleaners. Some standards did remain, in particular the cleanliness of the rooms and public areas. I understand that there has been a change in management this year and that the chef has also changed.

This is not the hotel that it once was and it is with great regret that I feel i can no longer recommend it to my friends and family as I have done in the past. If you want a decent holiday on Kos, check out the Blue Lagoon.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 October 2009

We are a middle aged couple who enjoy peace and quiet. This hotel did not dissapoint. The hotel is about a 40 minute walk from Kos town but there is a regular bus service from the main road which is about 150 yds from the hotel.
We read a review that said to avoid going into the sister hotels or the annex to the building so we contacted Thomas Cook to ensure that we got a room in the main hotel.
The hotel did not dissapoint. We booked an all inclusive board basis and we were highly satisfied with the holiday. The hotel was extremely clean, the rooms were well presented and spacious offering a soft drink mini bar and clean change of bedding everyday. We had good views from our room and the carpeted bedroom added to a luxiourious feeling. As rooms became empty the carpets were washed before the next guest arrived.
The food was excellent and catered for all ages and nationalities.
I would say this hotel is more suitable for adults only. Although there was a child pool the hotel is a bit out of the way and there appears to be other hotels in the Kos Town area that are more taylored to family needs. There is a shop in the hotel which is quite expensive so we walked to a service station about a mile away and purchased extra water and milk. We took our own kettle and cups although you can hire a kettle at the hotel. If you want a quiet holiday this is the perfect retreat. We spent 20 euros all holiday which went on the water and milk and tips in the hotel bar.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2009

I have just returned from a one week stay at this hotel and found it fine on all counts.

Prior to booking I read reports about moving you to differend hotels on arrival etc, however I got what I had booked and the room was tip top.

I would say that the bar is very quiet with very little entertainment, this was not a problem to me but if you go there all inclusive and wish to remain in the hotel throughy your stay, you may be a bit board.

There is a fairly steeep hill about 150 meters long from the main road, but it's worth it for the view.

All the staff we encountered were first class from the cleaners through to the restaraunt manager, reception and shop staff. The food was also first class with a great and varied selection.

The hotel is not quite 5 star, but its probably one of the best on the island.

Kos Town is a great place for visitors of all ages which takes between 6 and 12 mins to get to by bus depending which racing driver is driving. You can also hire push bikes for 4 Euro a day and there is a seperate cycle path all the way to town.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2009

I have just returned from a 10 day stay at the Iberostar Panorama and I would like to say that barring a couple of minor gripes my friend and I had a fantastic time.

The reception staff on arrival were very pleasant and check in went very smoothly. We had also booked an additional night direct the hotel for our final day and we were able to remain in the same room which was incredibly helpful and saved us from packing and unpacking again. The interior of the hotel is very impressive, definately on a par with other 5 star hotels I have stayed in and overall the entire hotel is immaculately clean and tidy.

We booked a sea view room and were given a room on the sixth floor at the side of the hotel, overlooking Kos Town and Turkey. I can imagine the rooms at the front of the hotel have spectacular views but we were pleased with the room we were given and the view we had. The room was very spacious and clean, all towels and bedding were changed frequently. We were slightly disappointed that use of the safety deposit box in our room was not included in the price of the room and had to be paid for seperately (25 euros a week). After the price of the holiday and it being all inclusive my friend and I hadn't taken a great deal of money along so couldn't justify the expenditure.

There were two outdoor pools available whilst we were there (three including the childrens pool) and again these were kept very clean. The indoor pool was being renovated from what we could see. There were generally enough sunbeds available for those wanting them and they did not start to fill up until about 10am so we were able to have a leisurely breakfast before going down to the pool. I was amazed at the lack of certain tourists reserving sunbeds with towels and it certainly made the experience a lot more pleasant - kudos to the hotel management/staff for posting signs about this!

We only made use of the pool bar and the main restaurant during our stay, mainly due to familiarity and location. The pool bar is well staffed, with a very chilled out atmosphere and the selection of drinks were more than enough for us. I felt that the food in the main restaurant was very good, with more selection than other buffet/all inclusive hotels I've been to and I can honestly say that I did not get bored with the selection, right up until our last day.

My one and only gripe is with the lack of seating during busy times at breakfast. Only half of the seating in the restaurant is used for breakfast, with the remaining tables on the edges kept with tableclothes on them ready for lunch. Due to this, on the couple of occasions we went down during a busy period for breakfast we were left wandering around for several minutes looking for a table. The first time not having yet got our food (luckily) it took us about 5 minutes to actually find somewhere to sit. The second time we had already got our food and spent time again, along with several other couples, just wandering around aimlessly in the hope of someone leaving or an empty table. In the end we gave up and sat at a 'lunch' table and got scolded by a waitress like a couple of 10 year olds. Hmm, not a pleasant experience really and it went as far as putting us off even having breakfast for a couple of days. This was not generally a problem during lunch and dinner.

The restaurant staff on the whole were very pleasant and we were served drinks quickly upon sitting and the dirty plates were generally gone before we were back with the next course!

The location of the hotel is exactly as desribed in the brochure and was exactly what we were expecting, and wanting. The hotel is in a peaceful area and to get to the main shops and restaurants in Kos Town it is a good 25/30 minute walk away but bikes were available and in use by a lot of visitors. The taxi fare to Kos Harbour/Kos Town cost us 8 euros a time which we found reasonable.

All in all I am happy to say that we both really enjoyed our time at this hotel and the holiday would rate up there amongst the best we have had. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is wanting a quiet holiday in the sunshine, in a lovely hotel - we fully intend to return soon.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Claire B
Reviewed 27 September 2009

My fiance and I spent five wonderful days in this hotel and we are definitely to return. Where should I start?

The room:

We got a junior suite, immaculately clean, decorated with cosy furniture and warm colours. There was plenty of space for both our large suitcases, our laptop bags, all our belongings even if we had them dispersed around. The ceiling was high, and there was a really nice balcony. The room was not with a sea-view (we had not booked a sea-view one), but we could still see the sea from our balcony. No noise came from the nearby rooms or from outside- such a nice change for once!

Cleanliness:

We had our towels changed every day (the shower curtain also looked immaculate day in and day out, but I'm not 100% about that, so don't take it for granted). The cleaning ladies were unbelievably polite, patient and helpful, delivering an immaculate room daily. In short, there is not cleanliness issue with Kypriotis Panorama.

Hotel spaces:

The hotel is well-decorated and luxurious without appearing kitsch or too much. Both my partner and I avoid 'luxury' hotels because, admittedly we consider them kind of pretentious- yet Kypriotis was posh enough to be justify the five stars, without making us feel out of place; which means people of all tastes will love it. The restaurants and bars are lovely and spacious; the swimming pools come in all sizes and shapes in order to accommodate all preferences and ages. There is also a mini-market on the ground floor, where one can find from beach accessories to cosmetics, etc., as well as various other shops.

The Staff:

The members of stuff were helpful and very polite, which makes me thing that the management is doing a very good job. There is certainly a plethora of nationalities working there, which made us feel really comfortable and in-place. Lots of smiley people there too, which I really appreciate in people. Perhaps the staff was the best element of the hotel.

Location:

The hotel lies about a ten-minute taxi ride from the town centre (the main square, Hippocrate's tree, etc.) The hotel benefits from its own beach, but rumour has it there are nicer beaches throughout the island. Again, these start from a ten-minute ride distance and go as far as you like. It is not difficult at all to get to a nice beach from the hotel, especially if you have a car. Nice beach bars and restaurants can be found around, too. The hotel beach is of course within walking distance. Not bad at all.

The food:

The food was good. Veggies, vegans and meat eaters have numerous options alike and the quality is not disproportionate to the hotel's standards. There's also an Asian restaurant with fabulous food, and the hotel organises a Greek night once a week, with live music and BBQ.

Was there anything we didn't like? No, not really. Perhaps you guys can add a bit more perfume to the shampoo samples in the bathroom? The soap smells great, and there are also packs with threads and needles, cotton pads and nail files; but hey, the shampoo samples could smell better.

Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LaRockera
Reviewed 18 August 2009

I can recommend this holet to couples who want to spend nice time in very good hotel. We were in this hotel for one week and stayed in suite with sea view (for Turkey coast). Hotel is clean, comfortable with plenty of food :) I do not reccomend this hotel for famllies but for cuoples it is perfect. It is very close to the city (you can walk few minutes or use regular bus) and there you can fing a lot of bar restaurants and lot of nice, happy people. Beach is not as goos as the rest of the hotel so we have spent our time at swimming pool (you need to wake up early to get sune bet in good area.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2009

My wife and I decided on a last minute 7-day trip-10-17 July (planned 3 days before arrival) with our 2 daughters (4.5 and 1 year old). We were in this hotel 2 years ago (2007), and had a wonderful and peaceful stay. We decided then that we will return with our children because of the plenty facilities for children: many swimming pools (you can use the pools of the other hotels, i.e. Maris and Family=Kos bay view, as well), including the waterslides, there is a "Playland" perfect for children of all ages with a lot of climbing and jumping options (big Inflatables), and the animation team for ages 4-7, 8-11 and 12 up.
My daughter (4.5) asked me to write that she had a very good time, especially with the animation team (Vessy and Joke) that invited her to participate in all the activities even though she does not speak English; most of the food was good, especially the meat; she liked the pools very much. I can tell that she did not want to go back home!
Management: since we are "returners" we got a Junior suite for a special price - thanks to Ms. Palapani and the hotel manager, Mr. Morfopos. Since we were to arrive after dinnertime (at about 22:00) we got cold plate dinner waiting in the room for a special price and got the 7th dinner meal on the day of departure. We had to add 40 Euros to keep a room until departure at 18:30, which I think is a resonable price. The change of room was a bit uncomfortable but we still got a good room.
Food: The variety is so wide that you cannot try everything! I ate so much every Breakfast and every dinner that I almost ate nothing in between (Half-board). Every dinner we even found something for my baby to eat! She did not stop eating, so every meal took us more than an hour! Important: Breakfast is served from 7:30-10:00, but you can eat Continental breakfast until 11:00! (that means that they do not cook new warm food). The downsides of the food in our opinion are: the pancakes are usually not so good; some of the meat dishes are not juicy even if just grilled! But you have French fries and ice cream every dinner!
Pools: are very clean and very spacious, with sweet water. We chose Panorama hotel which is much quieter than Family hotel - that meant a 3 minutes walk with my daughter to bring her to the animation program or to the waterslides. The big plus was that we had quiet and very empty pools (also for our 1 year old baby) for us in our hotel.
Internet access: 2 Euro for 30 minutes.
Main downside of our hotel - very few animation programs for adults (was this time quite irrelevant for us), but I took my 4 year old to the Greek night in Panorama Family hotel on our last night and it was great! (In our hotel Greek night was on Tuesday during dinner by the pools).
Room: We had a fabulous room! (Junior suite - 212) Very very spacious with one double bed + 1 single bed + cot +couch + 2 sofas as sitting corner + sea view. We even got 2 bathrobes that we did not use!
All in all, although we came with a sick baby (got fever one day before we arrived), we had a fabulous time! I will recommend the Hotel for everyone I know that likes quiet holidays!
Beach: Main downside of the hotel - is not far but very pebbly, and therefore a bit neglected and deserted.
Weather: the first two days were very hot but it is almost always windy, so there is no problem. The problem could be when small children are using the pools when the outer temperature is much colder. We went to swim at about 12:30 and 17:30 every day (before and after noon nap), and it was good (sunset at about 20:30).
Children: They have a very good animation team! And every evening at 20:30 in Family hotel they have a Minidisco (same routine every night so the children can get familiar with the dances) - do not miss it! It is suitable for children up to 12 years old (at least).
Last tip: the minimarkets are quite expensive, but a bit further (in front of Kipriotis village you can find a cheaper minimarket). I prefer to bring diapers, mosquito protection and sun protection from home.
Last story: On our way to Kos our bigger suitcase pole (trolley) disconnected - I asked for a screwdriver to try fixing it, but the guy from maintenance fixed it and denied any tip!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Psalidi
Kipriotis Village Resort
Michelangelo Resort and Spa
Dimitra Beach Resort Hotel
Dimitra Beach Resort Hotel
#1 of 1 in Agios Fokas
Mitsis Ramira Beach Hotel
Grecotel Kos Imperial Hotel
Astir Odysseus Resort & Spa

Been to Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!