We have recently come back from a 2 week stay at the above hotel. Whilst we had an enjoyable holiday we feel it was in spite of the hotel and not because of it.
There was no animation team at the hotel despite this being advertised. On arrival we were told we could use the Panorama Family hotel (which is 4* and not the 5* we had booked) but we could not get all inclusive drinks at that hotel. WHilst we did manage to get the AI drinks we were not happy that the children had to spend their holiday at that hotel as it was overcrowded around poolside, the main pool was not clean (you could not see the bottom of the pool) and had an overwhelming smell of blocked drains.
There was no Thalassotherapy Spa at the hotel -despite this being advertised on the website. When we made enquiries we were told that this hadn't been built yet. We paid a lot of money for our holiday and the spa and the animation were the two main reasons for our choices so we felt that we had booked a holiday which was contrary to what was advertised.
Despite being AI we were told that if we wanted a toasted sandwich by the pool at lunchtime we had to pay extra for this! We could use the restaurant for a proper meal but the restaurant was a full buffet and this is not what we wanted - on a 5* holiday it is not asking too much to expect to be able to get lunch by the pool and for this to be included in the AI price.
The pool was not cleaned in the whole time we were there - 4-18 August - there were chemicals added but at no time was it hoovered and cleared of the gravel and stones from the bottom.
The queues at breakfast and dinner time for the restaurant were ridiculous/ This was caused by the fact that the Hippocrates Hotel reception and restaurant had been closed and those guests were using the Panorama Suites for their meals. We know it to be true that waiting staff had been cut to a minimum and so service was at best slow and at a 5* hotel we did not expect to stand in a queue twice a day to eat in an overcrowded and chaotic restaurant and be served by overworked and harrassed staff. Whilst the food was enjoyable the queues were not and eating was not a relaxed and pleasant experience - you felt that you had to hurry in and out as there were always people waiting to sit down. The restaurant closed at 9pm which is too early on holiday.
The air conditioning was not working to full capacity - it had to be left on for the whole day to have any effect at all and the common areas of the hotel were too hot at all times.
The lifts were dangerous and erratic. They need to be properly serviced / maintained as they were quite a terrifying experience and we were often stuck in them.
The cleaners hoovered outside of our bedroom at 8.12am every day for 2 weeks. This is far too early to wake up on holiday and whilst we did ask at reception if this could be changed nothing was done about it.
The bar was also understaffed - 2 waitresses worked all of the tables at night so it was not easy to get served - they also didn't have sufficient barmen making drinks up so you could wait up to 20 minutes from ordering to receiving your drink.
On a positive note we would like to say that the hotel was beautiful, clean and spacious and the staff were polite at all times. However, we do not feel it offers good value for money and it would deter us using Iberostar Hotels again in the future. We do not know if these cutbacks are a result of the Greek economic situation but we think that they do not reflect well on Iberostar as a company.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reflecting the crystal clear Aegean waters, 200m from the beach, KIPRIOTIS PANORAMA HOTEL & SUITES is conveniently located in the area of Psalidi, on the North - East coast of the island of Kos, only 3km from Kos town and 25km from Kos International Airport. Amphitheatrically built, its shiny glass facade strikes out from the natural scenic beauty that surrounds it, enabling the visitor to stare the undreamt view to the immense sky-blue Aegean sea. With state of the art conference facilities of 1.500 people total capacity, a fantastic sky bar on the 7th floor "Red Loft Sky Bar" and an impressive spa center "Hippocrates Holistic Wellness Spa", Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites provide the best proposition to both business and leisure travelers. Majestic and ample, modern and luxurious, warm and welcoming, this 5* deluxe property has been designed to offer unprecedented standards of hospitality. The hotel features 253 spaciously designed units of standard rooms, junior suites, executive suites and one presidential suite. All rooms have a superb view either on to the sea or the mountain. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kipriotis Panorama Hotel Psalidi
- Kipriotis Panorama And Suites
- Iberostar Hotel Kipriotis Panorama
- Iberostar Hotel Psalidi
- Iberostar Kipriotis Panorama
- Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites Kos/Psalidi