“"Just Great"”

Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Psalidi
Bexleyheath, null, United Kingdom
“"Just Great"”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

On arrival at the hotel, my wife son of 5 years and I were shown to our room which was located on the 3rd floor and on entering we found a very clean, tidy well set out room complete with a balcony looking over the main pool.
Lots of wardrobe space, clean towels and an adequate a/c system which only works when the balcony doors are closed...sensible.
When the doors and shutters are closed it is very quiet in the room depending I suppose where you are in contrast to the terrace bar area.
The food was very good, varied and fresh and caters for most European tastes.
Coffee is good but for that strong one in the morning one of the bars will be able to help you.
Wine is ok, red almost a merlot, white maybe a chenin blanc?
The facilities for the grown ups and children are great, just be careful that your child or children are supervised re: ice cream, they will eat their own weight of the stuff!!!
The mini-club is great and the Animation team are very enthusiastic, well they coped well with my son, do you have a budding Mo Farrah hmmmm.
I spoke to some other guests that had been there 5-6 times and some like ourselves for the first time, sandy beach was the only issue really, for us, not an issue, if you can find a sandy beach with a hotel as good as this, go for it.
I would like to say thank you to all the staff at the hotel especially the animation team, their patience and attentiveness towards the children was great.
I challenge any guest to get the ball off Alex on the astro turf, thats adult footy by the way.
It may pay you to get a taxi to and from the hotel, for us it would have cost about £20 more but we would have had time to check-in without the queues which were reallllllllllllly annoying.

Room Tip: get one with a balcony facing the terrace bar or near the smaller pool round the back of the restuar...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank IanSimmons

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

First of all I would like to say is that if you are booking this hotel for your honeymoon DON'T BOTHER! You will not get anything special. My husband and I spent 10 nights at the Ramira for our, we contacted hotel before to say it was our honeymoon and they said they would do everything they could do to make our stay an extra special one. We arrived and we didn't even get our luggage taken to our room, yet we saw lots of other people arrive who did. There was no champagne or flowers, not even a note that said congratulations. Everyone knew it was our honeymoon but no special treatment. A few people we met were shocked that the hotel did nothing for us that they went and asked them about it and apparently they don't do anything special for honeymooners now!

On another note, the staff was fantastic, lovely and very hard working. We spent most our nights at the sunset bar with Adonis and Evdokia and they were brilliant. The food was ok, they cater for every country. The Chinese and Italian restaurants (which were in the main restaurant) were fantastic, you need to pre book if you want to eat there, you get waiter service and everything is cooked to order.

Our room was very clean, tv was old and poor signal, could only get euro news. Our balcony had amazing set views. The mini bar was restocked every other day, which included one litre bottle of water, however my husband and I drink a lot of water on holiday and they said if we wanted more we'd have to buy it from the shop (hello I thought it was all inclusive?) if you are down the beach, they give you tiny plastic cups again no bottle water (but they fill the cups up from bottle water which you can get as many as you want with cups so why not just give us the bottle?) this doesn't make sense to us!

Wifi was very touch and go, signal dropped quite a lot and the only place to get good signal was in the lobby by reception.

You have to pay 20 euros per towel if you want to use the Ramiras, this annoyed us because if we lost our towel card then yes we'd pay but we took enough money out to cover us for trips which we couldn't use because we wouldn't get the money back until we checked out. Also, towels do not cost 20 euros to replace so this seems very odd!!

We didn't really get involved in any of the entertainment so I can't comment on that.

I would say the hotel(building and staff) was 4* but it was let down by cut backs and the fact that they need to rethink the all inclusive, your either all inclusive or you're not!

We had a lovely time and met lots of very nice people. Would I go back to this hotel? No.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank GemH83_12
Would be Spaniard
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Just arrived back from our stay at the Ramira Beach late last night and couldn't wait to sing it's praises on here first thing this morning! For value for money, friendly and helpful staff (and also the general friendliness of the people of Kos), location, cleanliness, climate, facilities .....I can't fault it. As well as all the activities at the hotel, it's so easy to hire a bike, catch a bus or, as we did; hire a beach buggy and toured round the island - great fun. We both said that it was the best holiday experience we'd had - could have easily spent all the time at the hotel and beach and not spent a single additional penny. Having an inclusive beach bar with snacks, ice cream and service straight to your sunbed on the beach was fantastic.
I would recommend taking the kind of beach shoes that you can wear in the sea as the walk into it is a bit precarious over the large pebbles (for me anyway).
The rooms were spotless and the bed linen and towels changed daily as well as the minibar fridge restocked.
We were so sad to return home and would definitely go back. The only reason I have scored less than excellent for room service and fitness center was because we didn't personally use them but refer to other's comments

Room Tip: our room in the 500 block was quiet with a lovely view of the sea and beautiful gardens
5 Thank Senora50
Hull
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times now and tMost of the staff here cannot do enough for you they all work so hard for very little reward and do not get the respect they deserve . I have previously given this hotel so much praise yeah the WOW factor BUT there have been a lot of changes since my last 2 holidays here there is distinct shortage of staff a lot of the staff on my previous visits are no longer there and as a reviewer has already stated the little Manager with the attitude needs to be put in his place I saw him ticking of the two head waiters in front of guests I also so him ticking of several of the other Staff as well I think he just likes to think he is top dog. We were also given a room with a leaking shower with no rubber seal under the shower door ,our drudges never once got refilled infect were empty from day1 when I went to reception was told by a receptionist also with an attitude problem we were in an economy room when it clearly states all rooms are ultra inclusive we have been her 3 times paid the same sort of price same company but receptionist would have none of it she also said put your towels on the floor to stop the water from the useless shower as she would not be able to get a shower seal I said fine but if me or my wife slip we will sue and walked away within 10 minutes there was an attempt to put a seal under our shower door which was of no use at all but we put that behind us the only other problem we encountered was a FAT slob two floors below us who would spend most of his holiday asleep snoring and farting on a sun bed outside of his and others room his neighbours also complained and I think they were moved and apart from this upsetting start to our holiday which was not CHEAP but was made to feel cheap we did enjoy the rest of our holiday even if it meant spending most of our time away from our block I am afraid we will be looking elsewhere this summer goodbye mitsis ramira

Room Tip: The hotel says for summer 2013 every room is ultra inclusive on a leaflet check
2 Thank James H
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 20 May 2013

In october I stayed in Mitsis Ramira Beach for one week with my family. The hotel is beautifully maintained, beautiful swimming pools (salt water), clean rooms, the beach is great and the sunbeds are free. The hotel is on a good location, close near Kos-city. The staff couldn't be more friendly and informative, and they're so child friendly. Once a week there's a greek night and a karaoke night, the rest of the week there are funny shows of the animators. The animation was great and during the day you can play many games, like tennis, football, pool, golf etc. If you want you can rent bikes at the reception. The hotel contains 3 restaurants. The Chinese and Italian restaurants were delicious, just like the food in main restaurant. The main restaurant has got a very varied selection of food. Our room had a seaview and sometimes, when we were lucky, we could see dolphins swimming in the ocean! Every day you will get fresh bed linen and towels and a restocked fridge. We've had an amazing time and we will come back for sure.

This hotel is highly recommended! It's definitely worth it your money.

Tip: go on a day trip to Bodrum (Turkey) or visit the Tigaki beach.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Raquelmx
Almere, The Netherlands
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I stayed here for 2 weeks and even though it was the end of the season it was still perfect. The room was really spacious and clean. The food was excellent and the whole atmosphere in the hotel was excellent.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Diana864
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Just returned from a great holiday at the Ramira beach hotel, excellent facilities , ultra friendly staff ,felt at home from the minute we arrived until we left . The staff in this hotel make the holiday from reception, the maids, the restaurant and bar staff and of course the fantastic animation team.Special mention to Dessy ,Yiannis, Stamatis,Andonis,and Babis, and to Mickey,and Jana of animation team who helped make our holiday a memorable one, Will definitely be back ,would recommend this holiday to anyone.Chinese and Italian restaurants where you are served personally was a real treat, food in main restaurant was also excellent with a good variety. A real gem on a lovely island , the weather was up and down but who cares when you are looked after so well in the hotel .George and myself would like to thank the hotel for a great holiday! See you soon.....

4 Thank 518Sheila
Also consider these accommodations in or near Psalidi
Michelangelo Resort and Spa
Kipriotis Village Resort
Grecotel Kos Imperial Hotel
Astir Odysseus Resort & Spa
Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa
Aqua Blu Boutique Hotel + Spa

Been to Mitsis Ramira Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!