“Be ready to be Entertained”

Mitsis Ramira Beach Hotel
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Psalidi
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We booked this holiday for my Daughters 40th Birthday me, the wife, my Daughter, her hubby and the two kids age 10 and 6 . We stayed here from the 21st May for two lovely weeks holiday, we arrived at the hotel and was welcomed to the hotel by the friendly staff on the desk our cases where take to the room, The rooms where very clean and plenty of space, Fridge was stocked with two bottles of coke, lemonade, Fanta orange and lemon, soda water, bottle of sparkling wine and litre bottle of water tea and coffee also. We hired towels from reception for 20 Euros each towel which you did get back when you returned your towel, I thought this was very good to get a clean towel any time.

The Entertainment was great !!! from the kids club to the shows last thing a night the Animation team Mickey, Flo, Jonny, Mo, Dasha, Tina ila and Troy kept everyone busy doing something all day and night, seven days a week. My Grandson went fishing with Flo one of the Animation team who then kindly lent my Grandson and me the fishing rod for the rest of our holiday there was nothing to much trouble for anyone that works at this hotel. It was the first time that I have been to an All inclusive and not had to queue up for anything they had waiters coming around asking if you would like drinks Giannas and the rest of the waiters done a great job.

The Restaurant staff where excellent there was 7 in our party and we never waited for a table any longer than 2 minutes, the food was good plenty of choices, you could also book in to the Italian or the Chinese Restaurant which you do have to be pre book at the entrance to the Restaurant.

Down at the Beach Bar there are sunbeds with pods over them, you can play volley ball and other games if your feeling energetic or have a some lunch or drinks here the bar is open until 6pm and the pedals are free everything is All inclusive here we had the best time and shall be returning very soon. "Thanks for your very warm welcome" !!!!

Few tips : Get bus tickets from Reception kos town 1euro 50 cents one way bus number 1 or 5.
Bus number 5 to go to the Thermos well worth a dip !!
Beach Shoes are required

Room Tip: we stayed in room 455 a good location right next to the pool where we had sun beds on the grass outs...
5  Thank bigmickandshe

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We booked this as a special getaway but it unfortunately lacked any specialness.

Nothing was bad, but for the price we paid we were hoping for something a little more exceptional.

The hotel is huge and lacks any personal touches. It has little character and doesn't really feel Greek. You could be in any soulless chain of hotels, anywhere. Mealtimes in the buffet restaurant involve queuing, which we detest, so despite being all inclusive we ate out most of the time. The quality of food was pretty good though.

The beach and sea bed is very stoney so I would definitely advise taking water shoes to save your feet. If you turn right at the beach and walk for about 20 mins you get to the windsurfing/kitesurfing school where you can just hire equipment by the hour or book lessons. They have their own sunbeds and beanbags etc which meant I could lounge and enjoy my book, while hubby windsurfed his heart out. (it was also quieter than the beach directly outside the hotel)

The hotel beach bar was nice and the salads that they make up every day were delicious. We also found an amazing restaurant on the way into town where you can eat by candle light, right on the beach and the food was some of the best Greek food I've ever had! Another great find was if you walk up to the main road and turn left out of the hotel, walk for about 15 minutes on the right hand side of the road is a really great open air eatery. It doesn't look much, but it is ace! The owner is bonkers and rings a bell when people cycle past, plus laughs and jokes around with the customers. His food was fabulous! Fresh, tasty and very reasonable. It's a family run restaurant and really suffering due to the all inclusive hotels, so please do try it out.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jo A
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This was totally spontaneous last minute holiday, which we booked literally 1 day before the departure. Didn't have much time to do the research of the hotel before booking… Anyway, everything went soooo well… It was the best holiday we ever had. Everything was just perfect!!!
Don’t listen to the complaints about this hotel. Some people probably expect to see the Ritz or Savoy-class hotel on the beach for the price of a 3-star… Let’s remember: this is not a 5-star hotel – this is a 5-star resort!!! Also, in terms of the “not much around”.., if you want to see “much around” you better go to Monaco or Rome. Here in Kos you’ll have plenty of sun and clear warm sea, exactly what we needed.
Ok, let’s start from the beginning…
We had one week all-inclusive stay from Saturday 24 May to Saturday 31. Our flight was late evening, so by the time we reached the hotel, it was already 1:30 AM. We were tired and hungry and were hoping for kids to get some sandwiches before they go to the bed. We were pleasantly surprised there was night buffet open over the night, so we could get not just sandwiches, but a choice of food, including salads, selection of cheese, pastries, coffee etc. Good start!!!
The rooms were very nice, clean, comfortable and quite. We had two rooms with the main pool view for 5 of us. I can honestly say, we could manage to stay in just 1 room, as it had big king-size (or super king size) bed and additional single bed in the second part of the room, segregated by the door. Also, there was a sofa, which could easily be turned to the proper size bed if needed.
During the stay we mainly used the main pool, which had salty seawater. Also, the beach was just 2 minutes’ walk and it had plenty of free sunbeds, showers/toilets and the beach bar.
Separate word about “all inclusive” in this hotel. It was a real ALL INCLUSIVE. You get everything and anytime for free from all 3 restaurants and 4 bars. We didn't spend any single cent during our stay (just had to pay a deposit for the towels, which we got back at the end of our stay). And everything was included, - food, drinks, ice cream, all on-site activities (archery, darts, air-rifle shooting, snookering etc). The hotel has main restaurant with an American-style buffet, Italian with stone baked handmade pizzas and Chinese with original Chinese chef. Also, there are 4 bars (including the beach-bar, where you could order some food as well).
I was reading the reviews where people telling the food there is a bit repetitive. I can’t agree with this. They always had something new. Each day we had a choice of fish and meat, which is different to the one we had before. Also don’t forget, when you eat at home you have just one kind of meat at a time for the main. And what happen to be the case, when people come on all-inclusive, they tend to put on the plate ALL the variety of the food in ONE GO (fish+lamb+beef+pork etc)… Eat one main per lunch/dinner and you will not find it repetitive even if you stay 2/3 weeks.
The animation team worked really hard to ensure we always had something to do. And we were really impressed by guys’ ability to remember almost all guests’ names and speak 6-7 languages each.
As expected, kids didn't want to go back home and our little one is begging to go back to this hotel tomorrow and asking why we can’t live there permanently.
By the way, during our stay we've met plenty of guests, who were visiting this hotel 4th – 5th time. People just would like to come back there again and again, which tells a lot.
Special thanks to Efi for her tasty pancakes, Adonis for best “Fredo cappuccino”, and all animation team – Mickey, Flo, Troy, Mo, Dasha, Iida, Tina, who made our stay unforgettable. We hope to see you again next year!!!

6  Thank Hugo B
Dimitris A, Διευθυντής at Mitsis Ramira Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your lovely review following your recent visit at Mitsis Ramira Beach.

It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed the quality and the variety of our food. I am delighted that you felt the service was outstanding and that your total holiday experience "far exceeded your expectations".

We are very proud of our staff and it is always pleasing to receive such kind comments as yours. We constantly endeavour to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is positive to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am pleased that Efi, Antonis and all the animation team were attentive during your time with us. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to the team and that their service is duly rewarded.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back at Mitsis Ramira Beach next year, if not later this summer.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Just returned from a week in may,
Bad Points
The hotel has nothing around it but more hotels and one dusty shop. Its much further than you think to Kos town about an hours walk.
The beach isn't really sand and shingle, its stone its not at all child friendly and hard to walk on. there is some sand higher on the beach where the pods are but its not that nice.
The bikes are fun to hire but at 5 euros each they can feel expensive to hire more than a couple of times. The only place to go to really is Kos town as there is nothing nice in the opposite direction.
Beach towels cost 20 euros each to hire (even though website says 10 euro) its a lot of spending money to tie up for the whole time so I suggest you take your own.

The pools are very deep 2m at the shallow end (there is a 1m square in the corner) and 3.5 m at the other most kids couldn't stand up. There is another pool which is shallower but its called the quiet pool so kids can't play in it. So the pool that is more suitable for kids they are not really allowed in. The pool area is very slippy the hotel have put a blue strip around the edge so make sure you walk on that.

The beds are very uncomfortable and the pillows are the size of postage stamps I asked for more pillows but they were no better.

There isn't that much choice in the food section but it was fresh and tasty.The sweet section was more or less the same every night no variation. The beach bar service is terrible and only went in there for food once. Chinese restaurant was a bit hit and miss mine was nice but most of the other people we were with said there's was cold and not nice.

Good Points
Friendly staff, especially in the restaurant. Both the pancake makers were very friendly. The hotel was clean and the gardens kept well.

The animation team were very good, great dancing shows. Very friendly and some great games to keep everyone laughing.

Cocktails were nice and wine was nice in the restaurant, but not easy to get a second drink at the table.

Nice all day snacks in the snow white bar. Room fridge restocked every other day with sparkly wine which was a nice change.

Overall I was disappointed in this holiday the beach and the fact that there is nothing around the hotel is a big turn off.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The Ramira Beach hotel is the best hotel I have ever stayed in. If ever I go back to one of the Greek islands, I will definitely book a Mitsis hotel.

The rooms and the rest of the hotel were immaculate! Facilities in the room were superb. Being an all inclusive hotel there were drinks available 24 hours a day. but also the mini bar was filled every other day and had plenty of soft drinks (and beer and wine if you drink it). There was also coffee/tea making facilities in the room. I could not fault the rooms. The lady who cleaned our room every day was fantastic! Always made an effort, even folding our night clothes into interesting little shapes which my daughters loved.

The gardens in the grounds were delightful, and you could grab a sunbed and place it anywhere around the pools or the gardens. The pools were just brilliant, especially the integrated kids pool. I could grab sun whilst the kids safely splashed about.

The food! Oo the food was fantastic! I was there for a week and have eaten in the main restaurant 3 times each day! The dishes varied every day and there was so much to choose from I felt spoilt for choice. Especially with the salad bar at lunch and dinner. The dinning room staff were wonderful and friendly and I could not have asked for better service.

We went there for rest and relaxation, and that is what we got. We not only had the pools, but the hotel has it's very own beach, along with beach bar which was in with the all inclusive. All in all a wonderful hotel. There is no doubt I would visit again.

Room Tip: Any room will do. Each has a view
2  Thank Theresa M
Dimitris A, Manager at Mitsis Ramira Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely review regarding your recent stay at Mitsis Ramira Beach.

I am delighted to read that you had a great stay at the Mitsis Ramira Beach and that you enjoyed the relaxing holiday atmosphere. I am equally pleased that you felt the service and the facilities were of great standards and the dinining experience exceptional in terms of quality and variety. After all, our aim is to make all our guests "feel spoilt for choice".

We like to ensure that every guest staying with us has a memorable time and I would like to thank you for the kind recommendation.

I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel again soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Just returned from a fabulous week at the Mitsis Ramira Beach. The staff at this hotel work extremely hard to give excellent service always with a smile on their face. Christina on the door in the dining room, Efi on pancakes and Alina on omelettes were always happy to have a chat. Nikos and Giannis at the main bar always gave service with a smile and remembering what drinks we usually had. The mini bar in the room was better than any other mini bar we have experienced. Animation team of Mickey, Troy, Johnny and Flo to name but a few provided a brilliant selection of daytime and evening entertainment to suit everybody. All in all this holiday surpassed all our expectations.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Chloe H

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your kind review following your recent stay at Mitsis Ramira Beach.

Your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide and I am therefore delighted that we have met your expectations, and made your stay with us an occasion to remember.

We are very proud of our staff as they constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and so I am pleased that they made you feel welcome and accommodated your needs. We like to make sure that our guests feel comfortable and at home with us. I shall ensure that your lovely words are passed on to the team and that their service is duly rewarded.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Just spent a week here (room 422) wanted a lazy holiday and got one. Staff were all friendly and fantastic and could not do enough for you if you asked them for something it was given no problem (eg husband & I diabetic so they delivered extra pepsi light &soda water to our fridge every day as part of all inclusive deal). Food had a great variety of choice.The Animation team were brilliant too, friendly but not over pushy, their comedy evening was hilarious - I laughed till I cried! Well done Mickey & crew for always having something on the go if you wanted to join in. The beach although a bit stony is fab too with sunbeds and canvas pod-like shades to sit under. There is also a beach bar that serves light snacks and a waiter service so you don't even have to move from your sunbed!! Thankyou thankyou!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view and you may get an upgrade to a small suite we travelled with teletex...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank J Davina E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Psalidi
Grecotel Kos Imperial Hotel
Michelangelo Resort and Spa
Kipriotis Village Resort
Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa
Astir Odysseus Resort & Spa
Mitsis Norida Beach Hotel

Been to Mitsis Ramira Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!