“Such a great hotel!! Such good value for money!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Mitsis Ramira Beach Hotel

The Mitsis Ramira Beach Hotel
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Psalidi
Essex
“Such a great hotel!! Such good value for money!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2009

My boyfriend and i decided that we wanted to go on holiday together for the first time and were really worried that we would get a rubbish hotel and after reading some of the reviews on here we didnt feel much better, What can i say? The people who rate this hotel as poor are liars!!!!

We arrived at the hotel at 3am in the morning and was greeted by a friendly man on reception, sandwiches and orange juice. When we got our room key i went to pick up my suitcase but the porter (who did work through the night) soon took it off me and loaded it onto a trolley. He took our suit cases into our room, showed us around and out onto the balcony and then left. He was very pleasant.

The Room - After having paid a very reasonal price to stay in the hotel, when our confirmation came through it said we were to be getting a standard room which i fine with because after all we wouldnt be spending too much time in there. The room we got was just slightly different to what we expected. It was gorgeous. A large entrance hall with four large built in wardrobes, large clean bathroom with bath, shower over and visor (all spotless), large bedroom space with lots of storage space, vanity desk with large mirror, tv, fridge which was full of drinks including beer (all free and topped up EVERY day). The room also had a sun room with two sofas and table and a sun terrace with table and chairs (we were on the ground floor) - Apparently the hotel has been completely refurbished so i think all the rooms are like ours. lets just say we were both amazed and we hadnt even seen much of the hotel.

The rest of the hotel was just as great with large lounging areas, patio areas with modern comfy table and chairs, two bars which were great (i asked for malibu and coke, half a glass malibu, half a class coke, which was the same with all drinks - try the cocktails they are great!! i liked doc and dopey the best :) ), two pools which were lovely with lots of sun loungers (yes they were salt water but who cares, they were gorgeous to swim in, people are just moany).

The resturants was also lovely. You were always shown to a table by VERY lovely waiters who then asked what you would like to drink. The resturant was buffett style so you then just helped yourself to whatever and however much you liked. Yes the food was the same. (different food for breakfast lunch and dinner but the same (or similar) each day) but there was SOOOO much to choice from it didnt matter. I loved the waffles for dessert yum yum!!! The women who made the waffles and pancakes was great!!! We didnt even try the italian resturant because the other food was so good, we did go to the chinese on the last night wer were there and that was yummy too.

The location of the hotel was very good not excellent. The beach wasnt sandy but stones which we know some people didnt like and it was quite a way from the main kos town if you were to walk but we got mopeds which worked out at about £9 a day (how good) or push bikes which were 3euros for the day and then it was a 10-15min bike into town but on lovely flat bike lane on the beachfront - paradise!

Kos Town itself was lovely, lots of nice shops and resturants and a lovely marina. One thing i would say is i woulnt recommend it to party people as there is not much nightlife but we didnt go for that.

We went on two excursions, one to bodrum turkey and one to paradise beach, I would recommend going to paradise beach it was gorgeous, lovely sandy beach, clear water with fish swimming around your feet and we had such hot weather while we were there!!!. However i didnt really enjoy bodrum, it took quite a while to get there as you had to get through all the passport control again, it was like being back at the airport which i hate and then a 45 minutre ferry journey. Once you get there you go on a tour of bodrum which is good with lots of photo oppotunities but then they take you to bodrum gold centre where the people follow you round and try to make you buy things not taking no for an answer. The rest of the town was like that too with people following you round and then you had to barter which was horrible and very off putting but i suppose some people like this. I wouldnt go again if we went back to Kos.

As to the mozzie situation, after reading all these reviews about them i was so worried as i always get bitten so we took jungle formula mozzie spray, but we didnt even have to use for the first half of our holiday as we didnt even see any mozzies however towards the end of hol we did start seeing some - not millioins, but as soon as we used the spray they didnt come near us, i didnt get bitten once! As the Germans, obviously it wasnt the same people as on the other reviews but yes there were lots of them but they were not rude, actually we only saw a very few english people but it was fine, the hotel had a very relaxed atmosphere. There was no germans putting there towels to reserve sunbeds, there were always sun beds availble for us which ever time of day!! There were loads!

Overall we had a FANTASTIC holiday, all the bad reviews are RUBBISH!!! The hotel is spotless, friendly, the food is great - what more could you ask for? We would recommend to anyone (except party goers) and we are actually considering going back there again this year!!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PixieSunSeeker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Sunderland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2009

DON'T BELIEVE ANY of the bad reports. The hotel was very clean and the cleaner was in our room every day. The staff was very friendly and always asked if you wanted anything. The food was good but selection was limited.will defiently be going back.

• Stayed September 2008
1 Thank themacams
Leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2008

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in the first 2 weeks in October 2008.We had a really first class holiday.The staff were brilliant,hard working and could not do enough.The hotel is a 5 star delight,the food and drink could not have been better.The weather was superb,in the high 70`s for the whole fortnight.This was the best holiday we have ever had and we will be going back next year.A big thank you to Jannis and the rest of the staff for making this a great holiday.(Beware of the mozzie`s)

• Liked — The really great staff
  • Disliked — nothing
2 Thank benzoil
Sidcup,Kent
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2008

Just returned from a 7 days stay at this hotel. The food at this hotel was of a reasonable standard, very plentiful, there were always cakes and pastries available around pool areas. Drinks were plentiful and generous. Service was FANTASTIC. They excelled themselves. Rooms however were basic, and I found apart from our beds being made every day there was no other evidence of our rooms being cleaned. Bathroom floor was quite dirty. The hotel grounds were not great. The beach bar was poor and even though pizzas were meant to be available, every time I asked I was told they had run out. The beach was nasty, pebbles and sand and the sea was merky. There were hideous umbrella/cones that covered the beds. If you like a nice beach this is definately NOT the hotel for you. The hotel was mainly germans, and they were indeed intimidating and extremely rude. I found their behaviour unbelievable. There was also a small dutch community holidaying here and they made up for the bad behaviour of the Germans, as the Dutch were extremely well mannered and lovely people. This hotel was full of mozzies, they were absolutely everwhere, and the hotel did NOTHING to stop this. In fact they encouraged this by over watering the gardens so much there was constant stagnant water everywhere, **which Mozzies love**. The health of the guest should have been paramount, and I feel the lack of concern that some of the guests were bitten to pieces, to be alarming. I sprayed myself, morning noon and night, and still got a few nasty bits. If the manager is reading this, I would say please ensure all rooms are sprayed daily, **stop the overwatering of the gardens**, spray the gounds weekly, and have insect repenant candles on all dining tables, as there were lots and lots of mozzies in the restaurants. The other thing that needed attention was the entertainment, which was really poor. And some of the shows that were put on were just plain embarassing,as they were so bad. I am sad to write this review as there were some nice things about this hotel like the fantastic service, the friendly reception staff, etc, but unfortunately this hotel fell down badly on the points made above.

• Liked — the service
  • Disliked — the mozzies
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with friends
2 Thank stuanddawn
Scotland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2008

Just back from Ramira Beach Hotel after staying All Inclusive for 1 week.

I'll start with the good points...

When we arrived (after 3am) we were greeted by a friendly man on reception who welcomed us with fresh orange juice and sandwiches. he apologised as the porter does not work through the night (which didnt bother me any way).

When we got to our room, it was very tasteful, spacious and comfortable. The management had kindly left a bottle of champagne and fruit as an anniversary gift for us, which was a nice surprise.

The maid came every day with clean linen for our bed and clean towels. She was also very friendly and would always say hello and ask how we were. All the maids seemed lovely, and wouldnt walk past you without smiling and saying Hi.

The restaurant staff were all friendly (apart from 1).

Chinese restaurant food was very good and service excellent.

The hotel has 2 large pools which are kept very clean. They are both salt water pools, however we didnt mind this at all.

Now for the not so good points...

MOSQUITOES!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

They are everywhere! We were warned to spray ourselves with repellent morning, noon and night which we did. The hotel provided a repellent plug, we also had our own, then I sprayed the room a few times as well. Thankfully I only got bitten once as I was going OTT with the spray every few hours, but it worked!

For some however, it almost ruined their holiday as they were eaten alive!

Next, the flies!!! Again, they are everywhere!

At meal times, it was not pleasant having to constantly shoo flies away from your meal and face.

I couldnt see any attempts from the hotel to try and keep them at bay.

Everywhere you go in the world, you will always encounter flies, but this was a joke. I've never seen so many in one place.

The food in the main restaurant is very repetitive. We got sick of eating the same things everyday for lunch and then dinner.

There is also an Italian and a Chinese restaurant which you need to book a day or so in advance.

The Italian restaurant staff were like something from Faulty Towers. The service was extremely slow and I had the experience of being served by the very rude Anna!....A young girl with a VERY small skirt and a BIG attitude. Some people we got talking to also complained about her.

The staff at the main bar were a bit weird. Sometimes they would snap and ask you quickly what you wanted. I asked for a coke and a cup of tea. She gave me my coke, then told me to stand at the other end of the bar for my tea!! I then had to wait another queue. I felt like a school girl being told off.

Other times, they would be ok and smile, then serve you hot and cold drinks at the same time.

Next, the Germans!!! Oh dear! As an earlier review says, I found most of them to be very rude. Most of them didnt seem to understand what a queue was, and I found myself waiting at the bar for some time. You get nowhere being polite. Also, fingering the food in the restaurant!!!! I'll say no more.

The walls in the hotel room are paper thin. Our neighbours were also German. We were kept awake by a screamer next door!!!! They would get up very early next morning, and shout and scrape furniture around. Needles to say, I'm very tired and glad to be in my own house.

Unfortunately I wouldn't go back to this hotel. I have stayed at a Mitsis Hotel before which was 5 star. I wouldnt class Ramira Beach as a 5 star.

• Disliked — Entertainment and food
3 Thank juliehudson
Berkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2008

We have just returned from having a fantastic week stay at the Ramira Beach Hotel. We stayed in one of the refurbished room and it was lovely - would recommend asking for one of these! Mini bar restocked every other day - air con that worked - lovely bathroom and comfy beds. What more could you want from a room? Pools were lovely - although cold when you first get in you quickly warm up and it's very refreshing. The second pool could easily be missed as it is at rear of hotel - but do find it as had nice atmosphere and a bit quieter than larger pool. Food was lovely - would recommend chinese restaurant for one night. This was my first experience of an all-inclusive and I would say that I loved every minute of it! One thing not to miss on the island is the natural hot spring in Therma - a short distance from hotel and very enjoyable. There are a lot of mossies so make sure you wear repellant all the time and that is the only bad thing I have to say about the holiday!

• Liked — The relaxing atmosphere
  • Disliked — The mossies
1 Thank BerkshireHappyGirl
Cumbria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2008

Just returned from a fantastic two week holiday, did not want to come home. the hotel is fantastic the staff are fantastic and Kos is fab. cant wait to return next year. never once heard any one complain. every one in the hotel enjoyed their stay and all nationalities mixed in together. now that takes some doing!!!!

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Psalidi
Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa
Mitsis Summer Palace
#17 of 39 in Kardamena
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,173 reviews
Kipriotis Village Resort

Been to The Mitsis Ramira Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!