Mitsis Ramira Beach Hotel
US$24
  • Pool
HotelQuickly
1,225 results
All reviewschinese restaurantevery other daysalt waterchess barbeach barpancake ladyanimation teamkos townmain restaurantmini bargyrosthe busgreat holidaywaiter serviceturkeybeach shoessmaller pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 July 2009

Went for the weekend to this great all-inclusive with my mother a few weeks back. We had a great time on the beach, by the pool and just exploring the town of Kos. The hotel rooms are spacious and clean - and we can a balcony with a beautiful view of the ocean. The food is pretty standard all-inclusive food, not too spectacular but it was fine. The staff were really friendly and we really enjoyed our stay! I would recommend getting out to the pool side early if you want a seat - they go pretty fast!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2009

My boyfriend and I got off to a rocky start when we arrived at the Ramira Beach hotel. We were told we could go and get some food from the restaurant before it closed and then told we wouldn't be staying there on our first night. They had overbooked and so we spent our first night at a hotel down the road. The next morning we were picked up at 10am, they upgraded our room and gave us a free late check out on our departure day to compensate which we were happy with.

The hotel was very clean and modern. Very pretty chandeliers and sofas all over the lobby and bar areas of which there were plenty. Our room was nice, very clean and a lovely view. The minibar was restocked every other day and had stella, fanta, pepsi and soda water in it. You also got 2 big bottles of water in your minibar when they restocked. Ration this as you have to PAY FOR BOTTLES OF WATER in the hotel!!!!!!! We were shocked by this! You can ask them for 15 glasses of water which they pour from a bottle but if you ask them for a bottle of water, they tell you to go to the shop and buy it!!! Very strange!

The food was fine, better than you'd expect for a European All inclusive. Breakfast was really good, they did pancakes and waffles. There is a chinese and italian restaurant you can make reservations to go to. We went to both; chinese was brilliant, best meal the whole holiday, however, the Italian was not good! If you go, i recommend you have a pizza and stay away from the caesar salad!!! Gyros from the beach bar are AWESOME!! Basically a kebab but oh so good! We had salads most days which were really nice and fresh!

Now on to the facilities. The pools were saltwater, more salty than the sea and although the area around the pool was very nice and laden with sunbeds...none of these sunbeds were available. I don't mean, they weren't available because people were on them...they all had TOWELS on them!!!!!!!!! There must have been 50 sunbeds around the pool with only 20 people using them. You saw empty sunbeds for hours and hours, then the germans would come out, use them for an hour and then leave!! It was extremely annoying and something i was disappointed to see the hotel made no effort to control. This was the same story on the beach but not quite as bad. They put on entertainment every night although i can't say much about it as we didn't watch it. We spent most evenings drinking beer (which was good) in the bar overlooking the beach. The staff were really friendly and very efficient in the bars.

Overall this was a really nice hotel and although i don't think I'll go back to Kos i would visit another Mitsis hotel without a doubt!

Oh, one last thing...we booked a transfer with Resorhoppa through on the beach.com. It was late making us very nearly miss our flight. Please make sure your transfer company give you enough time to get there and if you think it seems a bit late, ask for an earlier one!!

Hope you all find this helpful!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2009

Just returned back from a brilliant holiday at the Ramira.
As soon as we walked through the reception doors we knew we had made the right choice in booking this hotel. The service was brillaint from start to finish and every single member of staff were friendly and ready to help, always with a smile.
The staff work very long hours and work very hard. Our favourite member of staff was Pancake lady who worked in the main resturant. She was the sweetest person ever!
The rooms were very good and cleaned on a daily basis with fresh towels and bed sheets although we would have prefered a shower head in our bathroom instead of having to hold the shower over us.
The mini bar is stocked every other day with Stella, Pepsi, 7up, Lemon and orange and two large bottles of water.
The food was very well cooked but we did get bored of near enough the same meals being served on a daily basis.
The beach is a shingle/rock with very little sand but we enjoyed it. One tip: Purchase the sea shoes!
The pool area was superb but although it clearly states that you are not to reserve sunbeds, most of the sunbeds were draped in towels by 8:00am so I suggest you get down there early to avoid dissapointment.
The hotel shop was quite expensive so I suggest unless you MUST go there for essentials to shop outside of the hotel.
The only thing that we didn't like was the mossies although this isn't really anything to do with the hotel itself. Please make sure you are well equipped with spray, plugs and soothing gel because there are millions of mossies all ready to feed on you.
We will be going back to this hotel and are all on a downer because we miss it so so much.
I really believe this is the best hotel we have ever stayed at and it made our holiday all the more special.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2009

Just arrived back today and already I've been compelled to jump on here and write a review and that's something I've never done before! Having only booked the holiday 2 days before we went, I'd gone by the previous reviews on here for the hotel and I can definitely say it lived up to its reputation....Fantastic! Our room was around by the smaller of the 2 pools, and although basic, the room was nicely turned out, and really all we needed for a week’s holiday. We never really stayed around the main pool during the day as the smaller pool was just outside our window. It had a great pool bar but be prepared to be up at 7:30am to reserved your sun beds because they soon get reserved by everybody else’s towels.

What really made this holiday was the friendly staff, which all bar a couple seemed genuinely friendly and go out of their way to make your stay a pleasant one. Having never done an all inclusive before, I really didn't know what to expect from the food and especially as my girlfriend is a very fussy eater, I was a bit worried beforehand. No need, the food was fantastic with so much choice!!! I recommend booking the Italian and Chinese restaurants (which you have to do at reception by 8pm the previous night) as the food was top notch and far better than most meals I've paid for in restaurants abroad before! And they are so generous with the portions! Drinks as well, I never had an empty glass of white wine. In fact I think I drank the cost of the hotel in white wine alone whilst I was there. Perfect!

As for location, it's a good 3.5k to Kos town centre so be prepared for a long walk. If not, there are plenty of bikes to hire as well as a bus stop outside. The is a pebble beach out the front with its own bar and plenty of wind covered sun beds, oh and make sure you take a camera for the sunsets...beautiful!

One word of note, the little hotel shop is really quite expensive and DONT buy the seemingly cheap perfumes, they are very fake, I know I bought one..Doh! There is another supermarket to the left of the main entrance of the hotel about 50 meters up which is much more reasonable.

To sum up, we loved our holiday here and found it to be the perfect chill out and cheap holiday we were looking for and I don’t think you would be disappointed.

Yamas! (Cheers)

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lewisportfolio
Reviewed 6 July 2009

We booked this Holiday last minute for myself partner and little boy.I was really nervous about it and if you are anything like me you will have found lots of hotels then drive yourself mad abvout which one to choose as the reviews are never as perfect as you want! Well book this!!
FOOD AND DRINK- Is obviously really important when on an all inclusive!We expected to have to eat out a few times but we didnt!The food was lovely! The main restaurant had everything!All buffet style but then there were chefs cooking what you wanted aswell! Pancakes/omelttes/grilling fish/chicken etc... There was also lots for children and ice cream on tap all day and night! The chinese restaurant was lovely and the Italian was to die for! All cooked on stoves infront of you! There were snacks like pizzas available inbetween meal times and a beach bar serving things like salads/kebabs/burgers. We have been to all inclusives before and the food here has been the best so far! SOme have said in reviews the food was cold at times but we didnt find this.There was also no ques or flies so ignore this! The drinks were all lovely but ask for small shots as really strong!

There are many different bars to sit at depending on age/what you want. The best thing about the hotel is that no matter where you are the service is amazing!As soon as you sit down or have an empty glass the waiters are over getting you another! All are lovely and cant do enough for you. What I loved was that it was all service to your table in proper glasses.No plastic glasses and ques at the bar! There are many nationalities at the hotel but all friendly and most english speaking, I actual prefer international hotels due to how much the likes of Germans have to pay for their holidays compared to ours you will not get bad service/food etc as they will not put up with it! Also there were no English chavs bladdered causing a scene!

There are 2 pools.One more for families the other quiet more adult pool. Both are salt water but so are many pools in Greece.Its what they do as easy to maintain so unfair to review badly coz of this. Yes it does sting your eyes but we just got our boy goggles and he was fine. The pools are really clean but are slippy around the edges so keep your flip flops on! We had no problems in getting sun loungers.

Beach is stoney but has sand at the top. It didnt bother us. Yes prefer sand but our little boy loved throwing stones in the sea all afternoon! There is sand towards the top so if you have children they could build sand castles. Pedlos/snorkles etc all inclusive as well. Easier to get a lounger in afternoon and invest in some sea shoes 5 euros from the hotel shop as it does hurt your feet walking into the sea. The views are amazing and 15 minute walk away there is a sandy beach if you really want it.

Rooms are basic but excepionaly clean. All have nice views. The hotel is beautiful and is a five star but I agree the rooms are not 5 star to us English but we are in Greece so the best Ive seen in this country! There is mini bar in every room which they re stock every day!All part of all inclusive. The hotel is recently refurbished and very stylish to walk around

Entertainment- Something for everyone day to night if you want it or you can just chill at the pool, The night entertainment is definitely more for kids. KIds disco etc... There are shows on every night from 930pm. The shows that have been paid for by hotel and done by an act that travels around hotels on the island are really good. The shows done by entertainment team are not great but lots of fun! There is a outdoor mini stadium they perform on and give out popcorn etc. The entertainers are great fun and work hard but not the best singer/dancers! They are good entertainers though and make sure everyone has a good time,

Kids park/bouncy castle and kids club that do painting etc if the children want it. They are great with the kids and do lots with them.

There is places to walk to and lots to visit in Kos but we didnt venture out much. The hotel as cars/bikes etc to hire.

Mosquitos-lots were bitten and lots were not. Again I do not know why people review a hotel as bad due to mosiquitos. You are abroad so they will be every hotel you visit! The three of us had 5 bites between us. Apparently a few years ago there was a salt mine near by which is no longer so would explain the people going on about the amounts of mossies on the rviews which are much older.

The airport is the worse part of the island! Que central!! I would also advise getting a taxi rather than shuttle bus. Only 32 euros

Overall a perfect holiday for us. We wanted relaxed holiday with pool beach location. Lovely food lovely drinks. Really child friendly and lots to keep him entertained.

Best for familys and couples. Not the place for a lively wild holiday.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family