I was torn between granting 3 or 4 stars in this case. It is a good hotel! Rooms are very clean, staff is friendly and the meals are very good for a hotel, if not excellent.
The guest mix is okay but the majority are Russians and Germans and almost everyone has kids.
- Lovely gardens and pools
- Rooms are very spacious and clean
- Huge diversity in sport activities and food selection
The hotel seems like a very good shot for families, you can have your kids entertained, there's a lot to do and something to find for everyone.
The location is fairly good except for the beaches, but you have the town center about 5 KM away, you can easily rent bikes, cars or some sort of track rides. You also have a very good bus connection nearby.
- One of the worst beaches on the island
- It smells like sulfur and worse in the evening and early morning
- Prices for drinks and food are unreasonably high
Unfortunately the beach was very disappointing which is a huge point if you plan a beach holiday. It's basically just stones all over, which wouldn't be too bad but you also have to walk about 15 meter into the sea until you are away from stones. Get bathing shoes for protection or you risk bloody feet and hurtful tripping, also get them before the holiday starts or you see yourself paying 50 bucks for a piece of plastic just to be able to bath at the hotel.
In the morning and evening there's a stench like sulfur nearly all around the hotel, it might be because of the time I was there or other reasons and I don't know off, so it might not be around at other times of the year.
Last point I disliked was the high prices for room deliveries and drinks in the evening. You pay 10 Euro for a soup of the day + 5 Euro delivery charge if you want it on your room, nearly 20 for a sandwich and the list goes on. The prices for drinks were 3.50 Euro for a bottle of Water, 3.00 Euro for a 0.2 coke or orange juice and 20.00 + for a small bottle of wine.
All in all I would recommend this hotel if you are a family or if you don't have a problem being around hundreds and hundreds of people and families. You can easily get to nice beaches with a bus or car and the prices for sun beds are reasonable all over the island.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Prestigia, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grecotel Kos Imperial Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grecotel Kos Imperial Psalidi
- Hotel Grecotel Kos Imperial
- Grecotel Kos Imperial Hotel Psalidi