“High standard relaxing place. Excellent 5 star hotel”

Grecotel Kos Imperial Hotel
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Psalidi
Thessaloniki, Greece
“High standard relaxing place. Excellent 5 star hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Excellent hotel, excellent service very polite and friendly staff. Located 5 Km away of the city of Kos. There are 4 or 5 swimming pools with sea water and excellent pool bar service. The beach is not good at all and the water also in frond of the hotel. Very rich breakfast but buffet food in lunch and dinner acceptable. The main restaurant offers excellent food "ala carte" in a beautiful place. In order to get a taxi you need to make a reservation. It is highly recommended for relaxing holidays and holidays for families with children

Room Tip: The choice of the junior suite very close and with view to the summing pool is the right one.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Dimitris1954

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

we got back from our stay at the Kos imperial on Tuesday after a weeks stay. I was a bit worried about some of the dodgy reviews on here- but after experiencing our holiday - I couldnt see how anyone would have a bad thing to write about. Our first impressions after arriving at about 8pm - were ok, given a cold drink, shown to the room, 318, had a nice partial sea view, room was just right for us and had time for our first evening meal. we spent each day on the beach part of the hotel, as we like to have the choice of sea or pool, there was no mad rush to get beds, lots of them, and so peaceful,even though the hotel was busy and lots of children. the food was very nice, lots of choice and some good choice of drinks - all inclusive was well worth the money. we ate at lunch time either in the taverna restaurant or the pool bar part where you could get a salad baguette or toastie- just enough sometimes. evenings we ate in the main restaurant outside, waited on for our wine - and paced ourselves to help ourselves to a 3 course meal! afterwards you could either have a drink on the upper terrace looking out to sea - or watch the evening show as the taverna by the pools. ok some cheesy international entertainment -but we enjoyed each one -even the grecotel club dance! its not a overseas holiday without a clubdance to remember! we went in to Kos town one night -on the bus- very easy to use- but watch for the stop on the way back -the bus flies down that road!! Kos town was nice to do some shopping and have a meal by the harbour. we ate at the a la carte restaurant part of AI - well worth it - amazing food - and even more exceptional service! we went on a boat trip - aegean cruise with thomson - very nice -and a good way to explore but by not being on a coach. all in all we had a great holiday here -would definitely recommend it. the service was outstanding and you can tell the staff value their jobs and the service they provide. special thanks to Dorina in the taverna pool bar- who gave us great service and was always welcoming - she seemed to work such long hours- as they all did I am sure. so take no notice of any bad reviews - great hotel- bit out of the way - but close to kos town if you want a bit more life. enjoy!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank acinorev
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

You will see other reviews praising the hotel for it's staff, service and food and they are all true so I won't elaborate too much on this. Instead I will try to give you some other facts about the hotel, the tour operator and your stay that might be useful. We booked with Thomson and had a late flight out arriving in Kos about 22:00. We collected our luggage and headed outside where the reps were waiting to guide us to our coach. This was efficient and the transfer took about 40 mins with no stops. Check in was quick and easy - although you do need to fill out a small registration card by hand even though they have good IT systems? They also give you tags for your luggage which is then taken to your room by the porters while you go to the restaurant where the remains of the buffet was available even after the restaurant had closed! Then we got taken to our room in a golf buggy by one of the porters with a little tour of the grounds. We had a very basic twin room without a view set back from the pool etc and was nice and quiet but the air con was good and there was a bottle of wine, water and fruit in the room as a welcome gift. Our room was 101 and we had no issues at all - just asked for some additional pillows the next day which was handled by housekeeping via reception. The room came with an easy to use safe and thick blue beach towels and there is also a towel service at the main pool where you can pickup and deposit additional towels. You do not need to carry cash in the hotel as everything is done on your room number and settled at the end. We debated whether all inclusive would be worth it for us as it was about £500 extra on the price and opted for half board which was perfect. Bottled water is €3.5 in the restaurant (large) and €2 by the pool (small) and alcohol other than beer is pricey but we drank water with each meal and had a few drinks most evenings and often skipped lunch as the breakfast is so elaborate so it suited us and we spent about €150 in all. The hotel does have a well stocked shop although the place across the road is slightly cheaper. It has a free internet room with 3 desktops although we used the Wifi which was OK but obviously with over 1000 guests it would struggle some days and speed would be affected. I cannot praise the food highly enough in terms of quality and variety. I never had the same thing twice and sampled everything! The range of meats at dinner was superb and for breakfast they had an omelette and a crepe station where they made them fresh for you. We booked 2 excursions which were both excellent -Kos Highlights and Turkish Delights both rich in history and excellent value for money although beware if you have not shopped in Turkey before - it is an interesting experience! We booked a late check out in the UK which meant that we could stay in our room until 18:00 although it is best to check with reception the night before as sometimes you need to change rooms but this did not happen to us. We did need to get our room keys re-validated in the morning to extend their use but that was all. The swipe keys are a little temperamental but did not cause a problem. I would definitely stay here again if I return to Kos or use Grecotel on another island as I was very impressed.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank mrbuzz123
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I spent 10 days (end of September - beginning of October in 2013) in this hotel. I liked it though the weather changed and I could not swim neither in the sea nor in the pool because of the wind. The locals say that the wind usually changes in the beginning of October so if you want to swim and enjoy the sun for sure you’d better not come in October.
We came before the check in time, but did not wait, because our room was ready (standard garden view). It was on the second floor and we could see the sea from the balcony. It was good to have a welcoming drink and some fruits and then to go to the sea. The staff in the lobby (reception) was rather friendly and helpful.
The territory of the hotel was nice. Flowers, bushes and tangerine trees. There were always vacant sunbeds at the pools or at the sea.
Our room was cleaned by a very good room maid and we always had enough clean towels for the pool.
The food was good and you can always find something of your choice. I am a healthy eater and I could always find something for me. I liked Greek yoghurt with fruits and honey in the morning. I stayed on a HB basis. If you do not eat much HB is a good choice, I guess.
The service in the restaurant depends on a waiter. We usually tried to find a table served by Anita. For me she is a perfect waitress. Smiling, friendly and quick and helpful.
When the weather changed, I had to swim in the indoor pool. First day it was ok, but then the showers and changing rooms became messy and slippery, I told the staff about it but they did not clean it.
The other thing that I did not quite like is the beach, it is a pebble beach, but some pebbles are real stones and it is very hard to get in and out of the sea. Special shoes are needed, and I believe that the hotel should write in on its website.
We bought an excursion to Kos town, winery, bee yard, olive oil factory. My native language is Russian and the guide spoke Russian, her name was Victoria from Southern Cross Agency. She was very professional in my opinion. And I really advise to buy olive oil from Hatzipetros oil factory.

Room Tip: imho second floor is better but there is no law, though you can see the sea from the balcony
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ElenaNVl
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have increased my overall rating as today we experienced the customer service this hotel has had so many good reviews based on. Management have been up to inspect and the maid has done a thorough clean of room 301 and left us with ants spray so we no longer have to keep phoning down to reception. The reception desk also remembered to ask if the ants had reappeared which they have not. I wish this had happened on the first night instead of the third as I would not have needed to whinge on trip adviser. Also 2 bottles of house red compliments of management left in room.

2 Thank wholenut13
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

The hotel is nice enough. But I saved and saved to give us a fantastic holiday so I reserved a room with a pool. The room is not five star. I have to fight with a shower curtain,an aggressive shower head, and an awkward corner everytime I turn the taps on. The area around my pool smells - particularly in the evening and worse of all - my room is less than 100 metres away from the evening "entertainment" meaning I can't go to bed before 11 even when I so really want to. I had really pushed the boat out to pay for this holiday - and I am having to "make do".

6 Thank Sjk1111111
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We are currently staying in room 301 and have complained 3 times to reception about ants coming into the room. No food in room and all they do is send the maid up with a can of spray and a few hours layer the ants appear again.
Room 301 is clean and basic but more of a 3/4 star rather than then the five star rating they give themselves. I think it depends on what type of accommodat ion you get as some reviews are fantastic on here, just make sure you don't get booked into room 301.

4 Thank wholenut13
Also consider these accommodations in or near Psalidi
Michelangelo Resort and Spa
Blue Lagoon Village
Blue Lagoon Village
#1 of 13 in Kefalos
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,222 reviews

Been to Grecotel Kos Imperial Hotel? Share your experiences!