“Great Hotel Lovely Professional Staff”
Review of Continental Palace

Continental Palace
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Psalidi
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Loved this place loved the people who worked there extremely professional food was good and lots of it and a good selection both morning and night something for everyone,Great thing is sunbeds could not be reserved. great bbq at the pool side on a couple of nights entertainment wasnt the best but never let that bother us. Cant wait to go back

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sharon m

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Visited in 2010 and want to go back sometime! x
Hotel was clean and beautiful, food was always great and entertainment was always fantastic!
staff were lovely and beach very close by!
would recommend visiting Kos Town but also nearby Bodrum, Turkey

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank BeckaDavis
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Across the street to the beach - exactly there the sea entrance is not 100% perfect (small rocks) if you do not like it, take swim shoes or go 50 meters to the right and the entrance would be perfect.
GREAT food - a lot of good fresh Greek food (salads, the famous yogurt, sea food, and so on). Obviously it was "polluted" with salmon and French fries (not so Greek, isn't it?), but some of the Scandinavian tourists really enjoyed it. So, why not as far as there is some good Greek foo also!
Friendly staff - efficient and professional people, and enjoyable experience.
They have a swimming pool and twice per week the dinner was pool barbecue. Just lovely!
Nice walking distance to Kos city (aprox. 20 minutes), the city is an old port and citadel, with lot of attractions (shops and restaurants), or just to go and see.
We really consider it worth to come back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Marcel-Buh
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Booked this holiday through O.T.B. however we didn't initially choose this one, the day before we flew we got a phone call from O.T.B. staying that they had booked us in a hotel that didn't exist? work that one out, Anyhow I went with my son who is 17 for a father & son holiday in July 2013.
First tip = we arrived at Kos Airport with the small 10kg hand luggage, straight into a taxi and within 30 minutes arrived at our destination for 35 Euro's. On The Beach Travel wanted 70 pounds return per person that would have cost us £140 Total.
So we arrived at the hotel and our room was 210 overlooking the pool, out to the sea and Turkey with a 3 sided balcony, lovely view cannot complain.
The room was cleaned and we were given fresh towels every day, however the beds were just awful, extremely hard and very uncomfortable to sleep on and I would imagine that the hotel is fitted with the same beds throughout. It took about 4 days to get use to the beds which lead to lack of sleep through the night.
Second tip = if you love comfy beds this hotel is not for you - You have been warned!
We went half board which we didn't mind for the price we paid £300 each in total, but unfortunately the food wasn't the best, the buffet display was very small and they kept running out of food, which they took an ages to replace for other guest waiting to be served.
Third tip = great if your wanting to lose weight I lost half a stone!
What makes this hotel special is one person called Irene on reception, she is the nicest person you could ever meet and part of me feels bad for putting negative comments about the hotel, but I just have to say she is wonderful.
We hired a buggy from the hotel and on their recommendation used their recommended supplier, the buggy cost 100 Euro's for 2 days and we travelled the island quite safely with regards to the traffic and safety
Fourth Tip = Do not use their supplier, our buggy had faulty lights, no reverse and Speedo didn't work - As you go out of the hotel to the left the supplier was 3 quarters of a mile just after the petrol station on the left hand side - seriously I wouldn't use them - I would travel a further 3 quarter of a mile down the road and they have much better hire shops and selections. I not going to name the firms you'll just have to trust this paragraph and go with it (this only in regard to buggies).
However I didn't speed and didn't travel at night and we were both big enough to push the buggy backwards if we needed - It was quite novel lol.
Fifth Tip = Just hire a car from the airport - I went in October 2013 with my wife and stayed at the Mitsis Ramira Beach Hotel 5 star, all inclusive with car for £550 Total what a bargain and although further out a much better all-round hotel in general.
From the hotel we could take a 20 minute walk into town and the walk was quite dangerous to a certain degree with thousands of cyclist, they do have cycle lanes however.
Sixth Tip - Cycle Lanes are painted in a reddish colour don't walk one them you'll ger knocked down and the cyclist take their painted route very seriously.
Anyhow back at the pool side, never got busy until about 11 o'clock and if you hadn't got a sun bed by then you were out of luck and you had a choice of pool side or garden but nobody seemed interested in getting up and reserving a sub bed say at 8am or earlier.
The pool side was very clean as was the hotel, it has a pool side bar and a pool side restaurant and also has crazy golf - however I must say it is the worst crazy golf course I have ever seen
The Hotel attracts many different nations to come together and brags a 90% repeat cliental and although I have give it a bit of a hard time I find that to be a very stretched.
The hotel does have an entertainment programme that is very low key in the evening, however we preferred to go into town and enjoy a more vibrant atmosphere. Taxi into town if you wanted was 5 Euros.
To be fair the hotel was very very clean and I cannot fault that, the beds, food, entertainment poor.
Would I go back ???? Yes I did in October this year, just to say Hello to Irene ''she is the Hotel'' it's the beds in the room I couldn't handle the sleepless nights because of them...

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank kempez
Reviewed 29 October 2013

26th September we had a 2 week holiday in Kos, not been to Kos before but have visited many areas in Greece. We were interested to see how the Greeks were coping with their current economic circumstances.
Choose the Continental Palace as the area and hotel seemed to suit our requirements. We read Tripadvisor reviews but always have an open mind.
We arrived very late, after 10pm, but the staff at reception said not to worry they were expecting us and several more people and could offer us a hot meal that was fine.
I wonder sometimes if reviewers on TA have ever been to the same hotel as me, we found the hotel clean- modern -obliging-close to bus routes and the food of a good quality with happy staff in the restaurant and elsewhere. Very good entertainment at night, perhaps the 2 pool tables could be refurbished this winter.
Pool and outside area great.
We hired a safe in the room and on arriving home realised that I had left my wedding ring in the safe. I rang the hotel from England and Maria Krassa reservation manager sent someone to check, they found it and I have now safely received it, married again!!. That level of service I feel
sums up a good break and a good hotel.

2  Thank salmon186378
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We have recently returned from a week at this hotel, we stayed here about seven years ago, nothing has really changed except the food. Lets start with breakfast, boiled or fried eggs are about the only things that look anything like what you would want to eat, dinner usually the soup is very nice, but not here, no taste whatsoever, salad is salad, pork or chicken and chips or a slopped up mess of something else. The Greek night at the pool bar was just as bad, chicken & pork not even cooked through, after this we ate out every evening and found some really nice places to eat and not expensive. We had a run in with one of the receptionist's as she refused to change our currency into Euro's, saying they had stopped changing Sterling, this was sorted out the following day but she didn't say why she had refused us.

3  Thank RochdaleBeachbums
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Just returned from a week at the Continental, our first foray into Greece and we were not disappointed.

excellent grounds, large spacious room.

lovely swimming pool.

15 mins walk from edge of Kos Town, although a lot of people hire cycles - making it 5 mins ride - all flat path

2  Thank Rob N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Psalidi
Platanista Hotel
Kosta Palace
Kosta Palace
#61 of 219 in Kos
Alexandra Beach Hotel & Apartments

Been to Continental Palace? Share your experiences!