the hotel is gorgeous really modern and bright, the views are fantastic and the pools are clean and not too cold.
the area is lovely also and the people are very friendly, we couldnt fault the food in any way it was lovely and fresh everyday different menu each day and always very tasty.
the beach is nice bit pebbly so you do need beach shoes and some of the stones can be quite sharp, good snorkelling water!!! lots of water sports available too, the evening entertainment isnt up to thomsons normal standard, i think simon cowell would have a field day with some of the singers! the greek dancing was pretty good, if people would only not stand up right at the front because people at the back cant see anything. pool table, ping pong table and darts are available as well.
now for the moaning bit!
the room was lovely except it was on the ground floor in the gardens facing the bar, so lots of loud music all day and night, so not much sleep, the shower did leak all over the floor each time the floor got soaked, needs a better shower door!!
the bar downstairs is a joke! you can stand there for 15-20 minutes before you get served and then you could still wait before you actually get the drinks you ordered! there is one male member of staff down there little bloke with a bad attitude and definately picks and chooses who he waits on, he totally ignored us when we asked for drinks and avoided making eye contact with us so in the end we stopped asking him and got them ourselves.
the bar upstairs is a bit better by reception, although i did feel sorry for christos who is the bar supervisor, the bar was packed most nights and several times he was serving all them people ON HIS OWN!! he just kept apologising and holding his hands up, it isnt his fault its down to thomson to make sure there is plenty of waiting and bar staff in high season!!
the beach was good, except to keep finding dirty condoms there several times, you will not get a sunbed either by the pool or on the hotels beach!!! seen the germans running across the gardens at 6am with their towls, ended up on the public beach each day with the noisy kids and the barking dogs!!! so take your earphones with you!!!
reception staff are very lazy, whatever you ask them they just say "come back tomorrow" or just smile and say "i dont know" generally a lovely hotel, but very badly run, Oh and dont buy the internet cards from reception THEY DONT WORK!!! (on iphones) husband was very annoyed!! come on thomson sort this hotel out, you need more bar and waiting staff and sort out your internet, oh by the way, christina the waitress is wasted on waiting tables, she is so much fun and had us in stitches with hr dancing and she got everyone up and joing in the fun, she is a true diamond and has hidden talents you obviously havnt noticed, my advice would be put her in charge of the entertainment she would do such a better job, than daniel, couldnt understand a word he said on the mike for the whole two weeks!!!
this hotel needs someone to sort out all the silly little niggly things and get this hotel up to the standard its advertised at, thomsons website mentions the words "relaxed" and "tranquility", these are not two words i would put in its description, loud club music playing all day and most of the night is not my idea of "tranquility".
such a shame, come on thomson pull your socks up!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanis Beach & Spa is a four and a half -star “Couples - Adults Only" All inclusive holiday destination with Spa and focused on couples holidays. Ideally located on the outskirts of the quaint and graphic Psalidi area, the Hotel is designed to satisfy the highest quality demands of its guests, providing all comforts for a pleasant and unforgettable stay.At the Oceanis Beach & Spa comfort, luxury and style are celebrated each and every day. There is a world full of sun, sea and pleasure. There is a hotel where hospitality is an art…Concealed on a stunning 70-acre in Southwest of Kos Island, and just a breath away from the lively Kos town, our guests enjoy fabulous blue Aegean views and the ultimate resort experience. The Hotel offers: 382 double rooms, Suites and Junior Suites, 2 swimming pools, Spa, Gym, 3 Restaurants, 3 Bars, mini market & souvenir shop, surfer's shop, internet access (additional charge), sports animators, aerobics, live music, night shows, Greek evenings, car rental, complimentary lounge chairs and sun umbrellas by the pool and beach, complimentary pool towels, terrace solarium, private beach, and picturesque church for weddings. The hotel also provides two tennis courts, mini golf and beach volley. This All inclusive holiday destination combines Kos’ charms, unique hospitality and renowned levels of personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sensimar Oceanis Beach & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceanis Beach Hotel Psalidi
- Oceanis Beach And Spa Resort
- Hotel Oceanis Beach
- Sensimar Oceanis Beach & Spa Resort Kos/Psalidi