“Wonderful couples location, wonderful wedding location”

Sensimar Oceanis Beach & Spa Resort
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Psalidi
American in Kaiserslautern GE
“Wonderful couples location, wonderful wedding location”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stayed at the Oceanis Beach Resort in Psalidi Kos 23-30 June 2012. This resort is a couples resort; no kids, no pets, just couples. We chose the hotel based on a friend having stayed there last year, prior to the resort adopting the couples-only theme because she spoke of the beautiful grounds, facilities and services. Another prime reason for choosing this resort was their ability to help us plan a big fat Greek wedding. We did the legal wedding in the US because marrying in Greece isn’t easy but we came to Greece with 20 friends because the Greeks know how to have a great time. The hotel manager, Ms Patty Aivalioti, made planning the wedding easy - fun, tasty, uniquely Greek, and in the end quite affordable (about 1/3 of the cost of a simpler US wedding) all with no planning hassles. First and foremost was the service. The manager Patty and the entire Oceanis Staff bent over backwards to make all our wishes come true and shared in the great happiness of our special day. Some highlights – dedicated staff to ensure we had no problems as we prepared for the main event, a beautiful wedding service in a to-dream-for setting on the lawn in a gazebo overlooking the sea, a wonderful Champagne and canapé service immediately following the nuptials, a seven course meal (we are foodies) served with great presentation, cool easy music and wonderful flavors – the fish course was a 19 pound trophy of a local fish (similar to sea bass), the sorbet palette cleanser, the seafood salad, the roasted vegetables, the stefado and of course the Greek wedding cake, oh and the wines – it was wonderful. And yes, my lovely bride did ride a donkey to the wedding.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Oceanis. They delivered, made it fun and you knew they cared about you having a great holiday. The facilities are great, food and drink are a very high standard and are all inclusive, easy at access to Kos town and all the Islands’s attractions but what you will love and what will bring you back is the service. Cheers!

Room Tip: We've been traveling throughout the Greek isles for many years and this hotel is the best. The v...
3 Thank Marco_on_tour

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (725)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Colorado Springs, CO
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We recently spent a week at the Oceanis Beach & Spa Resort on the island of Kos off the coast of Greece. We were there for our long-time friends' wedding. I must say, the overall quality of this resort was top notch. We were part of a larger wedding group and the manager, staff, everyone went out of their way to make the entire occasion outstanding, not only for the wedding couple but the entire party! The staff knew who all was in the "wedding group" and went out of their way to make everything perfect! Everyone from front desk staff to bar staff to housekeeping was courteous and friendly 100% of the time. Even the buffet meals were great, with different offerings each for each meal, not the same things every night. Our waitresses in the restaurant (really hardworking ladies) remembered out group after the first meal and had bottles of wine ready for our table each night, as well as greeting us each morning for breakfast. The wedding was just another example of suberb organization and service, right up to the lovely pavilion set up for the ceremony and arranging for the bride to ride in on a donkey (a Greek tradition). They even catered the wedding reception and 7 course meal which was truly memorable as well (including the traditional Greek wedding cake)! All in all, a wonderful experience!

6 Thank Skiahlc
London
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Oceanis is a beautiful stunning hotel, the staff were very polite and friendly but not overly so that it interfered with your holiday. The food was definitely much better and nicer than any other All Inclusive I have ever been to, always fresh and tasty, the only off putting thing was all the flies on the food and around the food areas, to improve on this I think they need to put preventative measures to stop flies getting to the food. Check in was smooth and our room was amazing, we went for the private pool room which despite what others have said in the past, it is well worth the money and takes all the stress out of having to get up and reserve a bed by the pool every day, because I did notice and overhear alot of people were complaining about lack of beds. However I would recommend the garden view pool rooms because they have sun all day and are much more private. The one and only bug bear with our room was the amount of mosquitoes and again flies, the room was very clean this wasn’t the problem and the cleaners did an excellent job, but every time you would open the door you can see all the bugs flying into the room and they did bite. The other problem was the hallways were very echoy which meant everything sounded louder than it probably was and all the bedroom doors seemed to slam shut which didn’t help with the echo hallways, so sometimes when people were staying late at the bar you could hear them going back to their rooms. I have to say though if you want a beach holiday then the beach at the hotel isn’t very nice, it’s all pebbles/shingles and not very nice looking and difficult to walk on, also lots of broken sand bags along the beach which was a real shame. Apart from the beach the hotel had beautiful grounds and gardens, I wish they would improve on the mini golf though. The buffet restaurants for lunch and dinner were superb but we had to walk out of the al a carte restaurant one night because the food was so bad and head over to the buffet for dinner, such a shame and you can only book this once during your stay so you assume this would top the food at the buffet. The bars were all very nice and clean as well, service can be a bit slow down at the beach bar but this wasn’t a major issue because everyone was so relaxed. The evening entertainment was a bit samey and dull, needed maybe at least a disco option once a week for a bit of dancing, or other things apart from the singing. Only thing I would say which we couldn’t understand was the ‘Trousers only policy’ for the men at dinner when women could wear what they liked, and some of them didn’t look dressed for dinner and not always looked suitable. It meant that some men who obviously didn’t know about the policy and ended up wearing either the same trousers every night or tracksuit bottoms and flip flops, I know I would prefer to see men in nice shorts than scruffy tracksuit bottoms, maybe they should be more flexible in the summer especially as its so hot, my partner always got too hot over dinner and therefore didn’t enjoy it as much as me. Overall though this is a truly wonderful hotel and great being adults only too especially after a kid filled noisy flight, I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will definitely rebook to go back soon, I hope. Thomson’s were great every step of the way and booking the extra leg room seats were well worth it, the reps onsite were very helpful.
Forgot to say, the crepes over at the quiet pool were amazing! If you miss breakfast which we did on many occasions these filled the gap till lunch time.

Room Tip: Definitely recommend a pool room if you want to take the stress out of getting up early for your own...
2 Thank NCL19
Swindon
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Booked holiday through Thomson's and received excellent service throughout. Hotel was extremely welcoming despite arriving at 22.30, had a hot buffet waiting. Hotel & grounds imaculate, wide variety of excellent food, staff are very friendly & helpful without being 'in your face'. Very low key entertainment which is what I was expecting from a Spa resort, they seem to have the balance just right. The location is amazing, the views are just about perfect if when your eating in restuarant or relaxing on sunbed you enjoy the tranquility of the sea with views of Turkey in the background. I fell in love with this hotel from the moment we arrived, it promotes a very relaxing holiday and it made us feel very romantic. We were both extremely sad to have left this little pieice of paradise. Thankyou Oceanis & Thomson's for a wonderful holiday.

Room Tip: when we return we would try to avoid block 3 as this was closer to the only adajent hotel which may...
7 Thank alibun
Manchester
Reviewed 8 July 2012

When we arrived at the hotel there was a hot buffy meal waiting for us(11:30pm), the meal was lovely. We were then booked in and taken to our room, the reception staff were very efficient and helpful. The room was really nice and even though it was a garden view, the view was nice, in the morning we went for breakfast which one of the best we have ever had on holiday(almost matching Mexico). The waitress Christina was brilliant and such a laugh, she really looked after the guests, later on she would serve in the pool bar, she always got involved in what was on ie: dancing, football etc. The Maitre'D Antonis was very nice and friendly, he made you feel welcome and always had time to talk to you. Christos the bar manager was brilliant as were the other bar staff, one in particular was Joanna at night in the pool bar, also Florin and O'nur. We stayed in room 2023, the room was kept clean by the hardworking cleaning staff, we had towel art on the bed and flower petals most days. Overall we had a brilliant holiday, staff, food and hotel exceeded our our expectations. The only downside was people putting towels on the sunbeds and then disappearing for hours, the hotel needs to put some sort of time limit on reserving beds.

Room Tip: If you want sun on the balcony all afternoon? Don't book a sea view room.
8 Thank CuddlyManchester
wirral
Reviewed 8 July 2012

We are currently sat in the bar of this hotel and felt i could not wait till my return home to write this review a full review will follow once i return home The hotel so far is really nice apart from the food in the main buffet restaurant is absolutelt appalling are we the only people who think that eating food that is swarming with flies is unacceptable there is a solution to this which is quite simple COVER it up . After speaking to the thomson rep she assured me that the hotel are aware of this problem Well all i can say is that as the hotel are aware of it and have yet done nothing about it then they obviously feel that it is acceptable to feed guests this unhygienic fly ridden food

• Stayed July 2012
13 Thank michele1965Wirral
York, UK
Reviewed 8 July 2012 via mobile

My partner and I returned from 10 days away at the Oceanis and wanted to let you know what a positive experience it was. We wanted a tranquil break in an adults only holiday with great weather, great food and the option to do more if you wanted. We went to turkey with Thomson last year and it was perfect, so thought we'd give this one a go this year. Although we had an amazing time, I think there are things that could be improved for the benefit of future visitors, so I'll be as honest as I can.

The hotel is lovely, clean, spacious and bright. While there are often a high number of guests staying there it doesn't feel crowded and there is space around the pools and on the beach to get away and relax. The room I would say met expectations - we had a shared courtyard area I which there was a private pool. I'm not sure how the people who paid for the private pool area felt about the shared courtyard space, as there's not much privacy. I understand the point others made about the toilet door being a glass pane - best bet is to get your other half to turn the tv volume up! The bed was very comfortable and air conditioning effective.

The food was plentiful and perfect for both myself (veggie) and partner (carnivourous). They do Greek and Asian themed evenings so there is an opportunity to try different dishes. I ate very healthily. With Thomson you also get the Italian a la carte included for one night; this was nice but no better than the self service so I'm glad it was included! We are not huge drinkers but there's plenty of variety, branded spirits are extra but this is normal. Watch the ouzo measures as they are quadruples at least!

The entertainment was appropriately low key and enjoyable - Andy the resident musician is indeed talented. The events manager, Shanna, did a great job of organising activities day and night. We attended the yoga sessions and music/bonfire on the beach which were great. All activities are opt-in and there is no hassle to get involved, but do so if you can. We chatted more to Shanna than the reps in the evenings, she had a lot of helpful bits of info ad advice.

The hotel staff are always friendly and impressively multi-lingual. Antonios the restaurant manager greets everyone personally and he and his team make an effort to ensure everyone is happy and catered for. Excellent work. I had my birthday when I was away and Antonios' team brought me a cake out and sang happy birthday in the restaurant. At the end of the day, we discovered the hotel had put flowers, balloons and a cake in the room too! I felt very special indeed!

We divided our time between the quiet pool and the beach. Both are clean and peaceful; the sea is lovely for swimming. We did 2 excursions - zia by night and the aegean cruise. Both were worth it. Zia is a very rustic place so do bring money for souvenirs and a restaurant meal as there isn't a great deal else to do! Kos town is definitely worth a visit and easy to get to on the bus for only 2 euro.

On the whole the hotel was everything we could have wished for, except 3 things. You have to pay 15 euro a week for the safe in your room, so we didn't bother. It does have wifi, but at a cost of 5 euro an hour. It's 2012, so I think free wifi is in order for the lounge areas of the hotel (they hardly get used). Also there is no ATM, but the hotel next door has one which is a 10 minute walk.

Unrelated to the hotel, but a consideration if travelling to Kos is the state of the airport. It is not fit for purpose, but given the state of the economy I can't see it getting upgraded soon. Best bet is to bring something to sit on and a book. Hardly enough space to stand let alone sit. I also think the Thomson flight service leaves something to be desired - it doesn't befit the 4/5 star holiday experience we are in the market for. Just very no frills - no entertainment, refreshments, old planes, but they got us there safely. I'd rather some aspects were baked into the price rather than being sold basic add ons all the way.

Think that's it, happy to answer any questions. If you like this hotel then I can also recommend the hotel flora garden in turkey, where we holidayed last year.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Marfypops
Also consider these accommodations in or near Psalidi
Michelangelo Resort and Spa
Grecotel Kos Imperial Hotel
Platanista Hotel
Platanista Hotel
#1 of 19 in Psalidi
Aqua Blu Boutique Hotel + Spa
Astir Odysseus Resort & Spa
Mitsis Ramira Beach Hotel

Been to Sensimar Oceanis Beach & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!