My wife and I have recently returned from a week in this hotel, We where pleased with our first impressions, the reception is large, with beautiful furnishings, with air conditioning and very clean and the staff where very friendly, and even though we arrived quite late in the evening the restaurant was still open for us to get a bite to eat whilst our bags where taken to our room.
The rooms are of a good size, a huge bed, 32" tv on the wall, a nice size shower although the toilet area was tiny!!. There is air conditioning in the room and a mini fridge which has a complementary bottle of wine and some water ( the water is replaced each day), we paid for an upgrade on the room to a sea view and this is what we got, it was a fantastic view (room 2391) a large balcony with a couple of chairs and a table.
Meal times are good, there was a massive selection of food, which changed every night, and there is something for everyone, vegetarians need not worry as i've never seen so much salad vegetables and fruit, my wife was very happy, probably the best range of food i've seen in a all inclusive hotel, and the staff are very good especially the Head Waiter. The bars are well stocked (with local booze which isn't the strongest we have had) but if you smile and have a bit of a chat with the bar staff they give you a good measure...
The pool area is kept very clean, plenty of sun loungers so there is no need to do a mad dash early in the morning although some people did. The larger pool has a big bar area where you can get drinks and coffee, as this is in the shade it was very welcome on the hot afternoons, at the smaller pool you can get drinks, pancakes toasties and ice cream.
The hotel is on the beach if you can call it that, there is no sand only pebbles, and a beautiful garden area which is very popular with loads of sun loungers and hammocks.
As with every review there has to be something that isn't quite as expected.... first of all the towels in the bathroom are grubby and grey they could do with a change, but most of all the hotel is advertised as a couples only hotel (with Thomson's) however it is not!!! it should be advertised as an adult hotel, as there where families there with older kids and groups of young adults, also there are a lot of German and Russian people there, who where a little bit noisy.
However all in all this was a lovely break and we would recommend to others to give it a try, The staff once again are very good and the entertainment team are great not in your face just the right kind of mix for this type of holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanis Beach & Spa is a four and a half -star “Couples - Adults Only" All inclusive holiday destination with Spa and focused on couples holidays. Ideally located on the outskirts of the quaint and graphic Psalidi area, the Hotel is designed to satisfy the highest quality demands of its guests, providing all comforts for a pleasant and unforgettable stay.At the Oceanis Beach & Spa comfort, luxury and style are celebrated each and every day. There is a world full of sun, sea and pleasure. There is a hotel where hospitality is an art…Concealed on a stunning 70-acre in Southwest of Kos Island, and just a breath away from the lively Kos town, our guests enjoy fabulous blue Aegean views and the ultimate resort experience. The Hotel offers: 382 double rooms, Suites and Junior Suites, 2 swimming pools, Spa, Gym, 3 Restaurants, 3 Bars, mini market & souvenir shop, surfer's shop, internet access (additional charge), sports animators, aerobics, live music, night shows, Greek evenings, car rental, complimentary lounge chairs and sun umbrellas by the pool and beach, complimentary pool towels, terrace solarium, private beach, and picturesque church for weddings. The hotel also provides two tennis courts, mini golf and beach volley. This All inclusive holiday destination combines Kos’ charms, unique hospitality and renowned levels of personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Sensimar Oceanis Beach & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceanis Beach Hotel Psalidi
- Oceanis Beach And Spa Resort
- Hotel Oceanis Beach
- Sensimar Oceanis Beach & Spa Resort Kos/Psalidi