Already booked for 2014.
Arrived home on 3rd October after yet another wonderful 14 night holiday.
Without doubt the management and all staff go that extra mile to ensure guests are all treated with respect, courtesy and such warmth that at times it is humbling.
Because we have visited this hotel on 3 occasions in the last 18 months I feel justified in my comments and critique ( if any) so, here goes.
You are greeted by warm and friendly reception staff on your arrival, luggage is swiftly taken to your room, and even if you arrive late in the evening a meal will be waiting for you, it may only be a light supper, but very rare any hotel goes this extra mile. Check in quick and painless.
Rooms. Standard rooms are all airy and light, best beds ever, tea, herbal tea, douwe egbert coffee, milk and fresh water replenished every day. Towels are changed every day too, if you read the info card left in bathroom, it clearly states should you require towels changing then leave in shower or bath, otherwise they assume you will be happy to keep another day. The housekeepers do not have psychic powers, so if you don't drop they won't swap!
Bed linen changed every third day, we have never once been let down in this area either. It often makes me laugh when people who stay at any hotel moan about bed linen not being changed every day!? Do they change it every day at home? Doubt it very much, but hey ho, people do love whinging.
Food. In yacht main dining area is superb, buffet style, better than other 'couples' hotels we have stayed at, plenty of fish,pork,chicken,turkey at every sitting the swordfish and salmon were our particular favourites. Salads, fruit, desserts,breads,sauces,cheeses,yoghurt both full and 0% are on offer too. The chef station has pasta every night, also rare beef, lamb, shish and pork crackling on offer too, delicious. Yes, sometimes meat could be a little fatty, but a smile and a comment to the Chef rectifies any gripe you may have, pointless walking away with something you moan about in a review days later, the staff will always do what they can for any guest, even the rude ones.
Food in Meltemi at lunch is excellent, we didn't eat at Beach bar, so can't comment. Pancakes and crepes at the quiet pool that Eleana and Micaletha make are yummy, made fresh in front of you too, no complaints here at all. Lovely ladies lovely relaxing part of the hotel.
A la carte'. Ok, people have criticised this more than anything else.
We have, like most of you eaten at many a la carte restaurants on our travels, and this isn't up there with the best, but this year the improvements were obvious. Met with complimentary sparkling wine and iced water on all tables. Bread rolls, grissini and tapanade brought fresh to each table, followed by plates of smoked salmon,melon,aubergine,mozzarella and tomato. Choice of main course and dessert. Cheesecake, scrummy.
Wine list is good, wines by bottle are priced from 6 Euro upwards, we visited twice, and were not disappointed with the service at all, and a special word for Fotini, who is marvellous, a true professional and deserves a round of applause, the service was excellent, and the attention to both the couples with birthdays and anniversaries was lovely. They looked delighted.
Bars. Service at all bars was exceptional, no long waits for anything at all. Drinks varied and well chilled. Beer a little gassy, but enough choice for other tipples, cocktails scrummy yummy. Hic!
Pools. Clean and clear, yes cold, but after 20 seconds...hey! Big respect to the lady who swam every morning in the quiet pool. A true mernaid.
Some areas could have benefited with an extra quick check with the cleaners, especially the main toilet area in reception, the bins did sometimes over flow, but a nod to reception rectified this. All other areas spotless, so I guess it is the high useage in the main bar area that causes this problem?
Entertainment. Low key, but quizzes, and fun nights were as always, excellent. Greek night is as you would expect, but good fun, and most people just go with the flow, as it should be on holiday. Fashion show, was alright, but something I personally would reconsider for next season. Live group once a week may be something to ponder? Film night a good draw too, as is the free wind surfing lessons and spa treats, an excellent addition from last year to have a taster evening, lovely experience. Thankyou. Spa is amazing.
There is a notice board with day and evening entertainment plus leaflets at reception, so, everything is there for you, if you don't look then your problem.
WiFi is hit and miss!
Smoking. People smoke, some effort has been made to have 'No Smoking' zones in the lobby bar and main pool bar, quite a few tables now have signs on them, so 'YES' management listens, and they cannot wade in and reprimand inconsiderate people who need 20 cigarettes between each course, etiquette is something you either have or not in these cases, and I am sorry, but I know of no non smoking hotels anywhere. So, unless we as non smokers walk round with masks on, smokers are here to stay, get over it, it didn't bother us at all.
Safety deposit boxes. Yep, placed in wardrobes, and yes quite dark, but unless you need to be opening up every hour for your bling etc, once a day squinting isn't that bad, and maybe something can be done to relieve this small gripe? Patty, flashlights please!! Doh!
Beach. Stones and sand, but well documented that it isn't a white oasis, so, moaners..blah!
Staff. This hotel excels in this. Accolades are there on view, and they are richly deserved.
The divine Miss Patty, Antonis who is a real star of the restaurants, fabulous Fotini who is a true professional and a lovely lady. Christos, king of the bar. Eduart, a lovely man who runs the beach bar with ease. Miichaleta my lovely captain, Christina, a gentle kind lady, who astounds me each time we go, she remembers my name and knows what we drink, bless. Roland, my darlin, 'yamas' you are hopefully going to be there next year? Alexa and Pauel, two waiters who remember everything. Vivien, a lovely girl. And last but never least, my beauty Themis. Reception is a better place because of you. See you all in 2014.
We can all find negatives with any hotel, but negatives are very few at the 'Oceanis'
Thankyou, one and all for yet another wonderful holiday.
Shirley and Tony. X
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanis Beach & Spa is a four and a half -star “Couples - Adults Only" All inclusive holiday destination with Spa and focused on couples holidays. Ideally located on the outskirts of the quaint and graphic Psalidi area, the Hotel is designed to satisfy the highest quality demands of its guests, providing all comforts for a pleasant and unforgettable stay.At the Oceanis Beach & Spa comfort, luxury and style are celebrated each and every day. There is a world full of sun, sea and pleasure. There is a hotel where hospitality is an art…Concealed on a stunning 70-acre in Southwest of Kos Island, and just a breath away from the lively Kos town, our guests enjoy fabulous blue Aegean views and the ultimate resort experience. The Hotel offers: 382 double rooms, Suites and Junior Suites, 2 swimming pools, Spa, Gym, 3 Restaurants, 3 Bars, mini market & souvenir shop, surfer's shop, internet access (additional charge), sports animators, aerobics, live music, night shows, Greek evenings, car rental, complimentary lounge chairs and sun umbrellas by the pool and beach, complimentary pool towels, terrace solarium, private beach, and picturesque church for weddings. The hotel also provides two tennis courts, mini golf and beach volley. This All inclusive holiday destination combines Kos’ charms, unique hospitality and renowned levels of personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sensimar Oceanis Beach & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceanis Beach Hotel Psalidi
- Oceanis Beach And Spa Resort
- Hotel Oceanis Beach
- Sensimar Oceanis Beach & Spa Resort Kos/Psalidi