“Relaxing, all inclusive, get away from it all..”

Sensimar Oceanis Beach & Spa Resort
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Psalidi
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We booked this to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary and we're not disappointed. The hotel was lovely. We had a garden room and am pleased we did not pay extra for a jacuzzi or pool room as it was definitely more private. All of the the pool and jacuzzi rooms were on main thoroughfares which would not have been ideal. We even had a sea view. (Room 2416). The staff were very welcoming and we could not fault them at all. Food - well if you can't find something you like, there is something wrong with you. The beach bar was perfect for lunch, kebabs, grills and salads. The a la carte restaurant was nice, not quite a la carte but nice to be waited on for a change and to be able to get a decent bottle of red wine (the all inclusive red was not good, White was drinkable). You had to pay for the wine at the a la carte, which was fine. The only criticism I had was the beach, and there was nothing you could do about that. It was a stone and shingle beach, very hard on the feet, especially in the water- big slimy rocks. Lovely clear water though. Wear beach shoes. I would definitely recommend. All ages, all nationalities which was great. Wonderful staff.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra - have a garden room they are more than adequate. Lovely rooms.
2  Thank Sally P

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Oceanis in May and the first impression you get is how beautifully clean the hotel is and how genuinely kind and helpful the staff are. From the Hotel Manager (who doesn't hide in an office somewhere) right through to cleaning staff, it is obvious that this resort is extremely well run. The room was spotless throughout our stay and the whole of the hotel the same.

As always, there are downsides to everything and I must agree with bendybristol about the food. The main restaurant off the reception area served buffet food which, at best, was edible. Often both the plates and the food were barely warm and, despite a wide variety of dishes, it was not easy to find something enjoyable. The sweets, however, were top notch! The restaurant is very busy during service and you can sense that the waiters were under massive pressure to dress tables when diners had finished to allow a new influx which did not lend itself to a relaxed experience.

During your stay, you are allowed one visit per week to the a la carte restaurant which I would strongly recommend. The service is relaxed and the food is excellent - far removed from the normal service. Our first all inclusive with Thompsons was in Mexico and we may have been spoiled by that, perhaps. In Mexico, all the drinks were top quality, all the meals were a la carte and excellent, so imagine my surprise on the first day when I asked for an orange juice at a bar only to be told that it wasn't included in the 'all inclusive'.

Having had a whinge, I would say that the friendliness and cleanliness, together with weather we don't get in England leave me with a positive overall opinion, however I feel that the owners might consider investing in more a la carte dining and better quality beverages.

Room Tip: Rooms with a garden view are quieter.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Just returned from 11 nights at the Oceanis and would thoroughly recommend it. The accomodation is excellent, lovely and clean rooms. we stayed in block 3 which I feel is definately the best block to be in as it is the quietest. we didn't upgrade and I feel there is no need as our room was lovely.The staff are really friendly and helpful, Antonis the head waiter is very very friendly and the food is excellent, you are spoilt for choice. Also I would like to mention Mahlista the waitress ,again very friendly also Roland and Achmet on reception. The entertainment wouldn't be too good without Adam whos singing is absolutely amazing, we looked forward to every evening he was playing. The downside is it is a bit remote but for 3 euros return you can get the bus to Kos town with its quaint cobbled streets and well worth a visit. We would definately return to the Oceanis and to anyone thinking of booking they won't regret it.

Room Tip: Block 3 high floor
5  Thank micky076
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Just returned from a week at the Oceanis - one of the best hotels we have stayed at. Our junior suite was excellent, the food absolutely first class, location and grounds fantastic and the staff can not do enough for you. Special mention to Antonis, the Maître D'hôtel who was excellent and Alexis, the drinks waiter - a legend. The Spa is also excellent - a great treatment from Gika. There is nothing to fault - we will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: Go for a suite with a jacuzzi.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MKDETravellers
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Lovely hotel staff are fab.Rooms lovely and clean gardens fab loved the quite pool.Adam and Ross great fun.Downside the food as this my fav bit of holidays was a bit boring but edible ate out 5 times had some great meals the most costing 50eros with a wine or 3..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bendybristol
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Myself and my wife have just returned from honeymoon in Kos after staying in the Oceanis. The hotel itself was lovely. Smart appearance, clean and welcoming. The staff I must say, are fantastic. Whether it be front of house, the cleaners to the bar staff. Absolutely first class. We got in our room on a Tuesday night and realised that we were far too close to the entertainment. (It was Greek night) Got very loud and decided to ask to move rooms as we just wanted a quiet, relaxing stay as it was our honeymoon. Staff showed us a room the following day to see if it was more adequate. It was so we moved in. They also decided to upgrade us, so we now had a plunge pool out the back that we shared with four other rooms. We had no further issues with the room.
The food and service in the restaurant is again, fantastic. The maitre de, Antonis was very welcoming and personable, waiters friendly and the food itself, brilliant.
The hotel is right on the beach which was fantastic. So there was several dips into the sea! The grounds, pools and snack areas were well maintained. The entertainment is quite limited but we didn't expect much as we just wanted a quiet time anyway. The singer Adam was perfectly adequate for what the venue was trying to achieve and to be fair, I think he sang virtually every day which I'm sure can't be good for his voice! If your expecting a lively atmosphere in the evening then this isn't for you unless you go into Kos Town itself. The hotel is for couples and is rated Thomsons best for couples in the world two years in a row. So I find some of the comments about the entertainment slightly harsh to be fair. There was also plenty of activities to try during the day including tai chi, moussaka master class and beach volley ball to name a few. The age range is also so vast that it is literally impossible to cater for everyone. It was literally age 18 to 80. Baring this in mind, I think the activities team do a good job and have tried to cater for everyone.
If there is anything I would change if I was the owner I would change two things. Firstly, as a five star resort, I don't believe that you should be charged for the use of WI-FI in the communal areas. I believe that should be free. Secondly, what bothered me as a non smoker, was the blatant disregard for the smoking areas. Particularly as the tables in the evening were clearly marked with smoking and non smoking tabs on the tables. These were just picked up and placed somewhere else so someone could ignorantly light up. I had to actually politely ask a couple to move to the smoking area as they blatantly disregarded the rules. I think the waiters should marshal this better rather than non smokers being constantly in a smoking area. If it is not enforced then don't bother putting the tabs out in the first place and make it a massive smoking area because that was what it was anyway.
Overall we loved our stay and I will certainly be looking to book a return for my wife and I for an anniversary gift. Would definitely recommend to anyone for a honeymoon or a chill out week. Many thanks Oceanis!

Room Tip: Get a room facing the gardens. If your in block one, move because you will be right next to the even...
5  Thank smclaren2009
Reviewed 8 June 2014

After spending a week at The Oceanis for the first time we reluctantly returned home today. This hotel, although large has a great spacious feel with wonderful views across to theTurkish coast. Despite being a large hotel we felt welcomed by every member of staff and they immediately created a feeling of rapport which can often only be created in a much smaller establishment. Nothing was too much trouble.. I requested a simple ' thank you' in the room for my partner and reception organised a room decoration.
The staff are all absolutely superb. The Maitre'd, Antonis seems to be able to glide around all tables to speak with and seemingly genuinely enjoy moments of conversation with every guest!

The nationality of guests is mixed, with the bigger contingent being British, followed by Dutch, Germans, French, Polish, Scandinavian and Belgians. It is true that the average age of the holidaymakers was probably 55 plus, but there were both young people in their 20's and people well into their seventies. Did it matter?...no.

The entertainment was mediocre, but what do you expect?! Perhaps a disco one night for the guests would have been nice.

The Thomson reps were generally helpful and visible, and pushed the trips as you would expect, though with a little adventurous spirit, you can do it yourself at your own pace whether by hiring a car, or catching a bus into Kos to enjoy the town, or to catch a ferry across to Turkey.

Don't waste money on late check out. The hotel has a room for luggage! And you can book a shower in the evening if you have a late flight.

The food at the hotel is very good with a plentiful selection, surely enough to please most people.

The rooms were always cleaned and tidied immaculately with drinks replenished daily in the fridge.

The gardens are lovely and the place as a whole never once felt overcrowded.

A previous commentator mentioned the bathrooms. Yes, extract not very good and the lack of a door makes for some interesting occasions!

Finally, one of the best bits is that the hotel DO enforce the no leaving towels on beds before 10am rule. What a revelation! Other hotels may pretend to have a policy on this, the Oceanis live it!

Beware Kos airport. It's tiny and we found it chaotic! Also baggage reclaim was poor at Gatwick (had to wait over an hour. The handling company was Swissport FYI)

All in all, this holiday is faultless, and to those with a slightly broad mind and above, we can only recommend it! Thank you!

Room Tip: All rooms are good. Don't waste money on rooms with their own 'pool' or is that bath?!
3  Thank Crantock2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Psalidi
Michelangelo Resort and Spa
Platanista Hotel
#4 of 19 in Psalidi
Mitsis Ramira Beach Hotel
Aqua Blu Boutique Hotel + Spa

Been to Sensimar Oceanis Beach & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!