This was our second visit to the Oceanis and I did a very comprehensive review last year with tips etc for those thinking of booking this wonderful hotel. If anything the Management have ' upped their game' if that is possible to a new level.We have now stayed at 5 Thomsons Couples hotels and the Oceanis is , in our opinion , the best of the lot ! It truelly does capture the ' Couples' concept that Thomsons are trying to create . I will not do a full review this time but can confirm that what I said last time is still valid !In fact this hotel has just been voted the top Thomson Couples hotel in the World by guests so it must be good !
Although some of the staff have changed , the new additions are a credit to the hotel and the Management Team , ably led by Patty . She is always around checking that the hotel runs like clockwork and often speaks to her guests asking them to contact her or her Team if there is a problem . She holds a 'Meet the Management ' Cocktail Party weekly so you can put a face to the names ! As an example of how well things run, on one occasion we saw an elderly gentleman taken ill and straight away the hotel was on the case, paramedics arrived and he was whisked off to hospital !
I had emailed the hotel beforehand with my room request and we got more than we had asked for, a seaview suite with a Jacuzzi which was FAB U LOUS ! The engineer changes the water every couple of days so it is always fresh ! We also had bathrobes and slippers , bottles of both red and white wine when we arrived which were replaced as we needed them plus a bowl of fruit and flowers ! If it is your Birthday or you have something to celebrate whilst youre there let Customer Relations know and they will arrange for balloons, ribbons , etc to make the day special which is a nice touch ! The staff genuinely do care and want you to have a good time whilst you are staying at their hotel .
The food at the Oceanis is superb. There is so much choice at breakfast and evening meal in the main restaurant .Some nights there are 'themed ' meals like Greek night and the Chinese they did one evening was wonderful ! At lunchtimes we always go to the Taverna at the far end , which is a lovely setting and again there is a vast choice on offer. In addition there is the Beach restaurant for burgers etc and the lovely Greek bar at the quiet pool which offers Crepes, toasted sandwiches etc ! You can use the Italian a la carte once a week for free which is well run by Fotini. The house wines are fine and we drank both red and white on many occasions. There is a big cocktail list and the usual shorts , beer, etc.
We didnt do any trips with Thomsons which are always so expensive. There isnt much around the hotel itself but you can visit a few bars .One beach bar is about a 30 minute walk away and is quite pleasant. We did venture into Kos town once on the bus , which costs 1.5 euros each way if you get your ticket from the shop at the hotel. You can also hire bikes , which are everywhere , and they will even bring them to the hotel for you.
As with last year the entertainment both in the daytime and the evening is very low key with an Event Coordinator organising a few things such as Boules, Beach Volleyball etc and the Guitarist, Andy, playing a few sessions. I think he is a good singer myself and can switch from say Tambla Motown to Queen etc from one song to the next ! There is also the Fire Eater and a Local Dance Group who both perform once a week and a Film Night . This is one area that could be improved I think but it didnt bother us too much as we were chatting to other guests after dinner .
There are two tennis courts and a very popular mini golf course as well as the usual water sports available. The grounds are kept superbly by the gardeners who seem to work well into the evenings ! There are numerous places to sit and enjoy the views across to Turkey or the hills in the distance .
Wifi is now free but like most hotels is very slow at peak times so I always went online first thing in the morning or mid afternoon. You can use it round the pool, in the lobby and also we were able to go online in our room which is a bonus ! Be aware though that this year the Pool man will collect up all your belongings and take them to Reception before 10am if you leave them unattended !
The weather,even in May , is great and even if it does get cloudy it is still warm at that time of year. Having stayed here twice now we have got to know several of the staff and they are all very friendly. Nothing is too much trouble and if you do have a problem then the reception staff speak good English and will do their best to help. The Thomson reps are both on hand each day to give advice, book trips etc and really there isnt much that isnt covered at the Oceanis. The only 'downer' is the airport in Kos which is tiny and gets overcrowded in the Summer.
However that isnt the hotels fault so you just have to put up with it !
We love the Oceanis, it suits our needs perfectly and we will definitely be returning -probably next year .We met some lovely Couples again this time including Mick & Elaine and Paul and Leslie !As I say if youre thinking of booking the Oceanis go ahead as you wont be disapointed !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanis Beach & Spa is a four and a half -star “Couples - Adults Only" All inclusive holiday destination with Spa and focused on couples holidays. Ideally located on the outskirts of the quaint and graphic Psalidi area, the Hotel is designed to satisfy the highest quality demands of its guests, providing all comforts for a pleasant and unforgettable stay.At the Oceanis Beach & Spa comfort, luxury and style are celebrated each and every day. There is a world full of sun, sea and pleasure. There is a hotel where hospitality is an art…Concealed on a stunning 70-acre in Southwest of Kos Island, and just a breath away from the lively Kos town, our guests enjoy fabulous blue Aegean views and the ultimate resort experience. The Hotel offers: 382 double rooms, Suites and Junior Suites, 2 swimming pools, Spa, Gym, 3 Restaurants, 3 Bars, mini market & souvenir shop, surfer's shop, internet access (additional charge), sports animators, aerobics, live music, night shows, Greek evenings, car rental, complimentary lounge chairs and sun umbrellas by the pool and beach, complimentary pool towels, terrace solarium, private beach, and picturesque church for weddings. The hotel also provides two tennis courts, mini golf and beach volley. This All inclusive holiday destination combines Kos’ charms, unique hospitality and renowned levels of personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Travel Republic (UK) and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sensimar Oceanis Beach & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceanis Beach Hotel Psalidi
- Oceanis Beach And Spa Resort
- Hotel Oceanis Beach
- Sensimar Oceanis Beach & Spa Resort Kos/Psalidi