“Nice but not super taverna”
Review of Mavromatis

Mavromatis
Ranked #4 of 9 Restaurants in Psalidi
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

A nice taverna with good value for money and as a customer you can also enjoy free sunbeds and food and drink served while you relax in your bathingsuit. A little bit out of town so not too overcrowded.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We love Mavromatis! My husband and I have been to Kos on two occasions and always go back to this little Gem. I wouldn't say I was 'easily pleased' where food is concerned but I have absolutely no complaints about what I had when I ate there. The Chef salad is beautiful and Pizza was also of high quality. I suppose it is difficult to please everyone. I think that Manolis and George have done a fine job of painting the restaurant and my Mum always used to say that you can tell the cleanliness of a kitchen by the state of the toilets. Well if this is the case I have no qualms as the toilets were exceptionally clean! The views over to Turkey are spectacular, especially at sunset and we loved stopping off for a cheeky wine, beer or coffee on our way back from Kos town to our hotel. I think the owners of the restaurant are really making an effort and seem to have pride in what they do and what they offer. Would I return? Most definitely. Thank you for your hospitality, kindness and humour. I wish you all the success for 2014 and beyond and when we return to Kos we will most definitely be calling back in to see you.

1  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed 16 May 2014

A group of 12 of us celebrated a birthday here on 4 May. It was wonderful from start to finish and the friendliness of Manolis was so welcoming.
The menu is extensive, the taverna spotlessly clean and the views incredible.
I have been eating at Mavromatis for nearly 25 years and always am welcomed back with wonderful hospitality and food. Even the Kos wine is good!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

A nice restaurant outside of Kos town with outdoor seating right by the beach. Delicious greek food and friendly service. I recommend to get a table next to the beach.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

eaten better in worse places sword fish over done pitza raw not cooked at all staff did not like complaint and were very threatening been going to Kos 20 years plus this place is the pits the worse on Kos not just Psalidi stay away unless very very easily pleased and like to pay over the odds for crap