“The best in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mavromatis

Mavromatis
Ranked #3 of 8 Restaurants in Psalidi
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, View, Kids, Romantic, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oxford, United Kingdom
“The best in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

This restaurant is the best ever ... lovely food & brilliant staff. They offer free sunloungers to their clients during the day & don't hassle them to eat or drink at the restaurant, but I'd recommend you give them a try, the tzatzki is the best I've ever tasted, they make a mean pizza and chefs salad really is something else.

Visited June 2014

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Hampshire
“Above and beyond”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

We decided to try Mavromatis when staying for a couple of nights in Psaldi. It looked clean and welcoming when we walked in and were greeted by a very friendly happy, smiley waiter who took our orders pronto. Had the Swordfish and husband had the Beef Stifado, both great, together with wonderful views across to Turkey, a lovely sunset and the most attentive, friendly of waiters who was a real credit to the place. In fact as we sat observing (over our second half kilo of excellent Rose wine), generally everyone working there went above and beyond the call of duty to accommodate guests, moving tables out onto the beach to wherever people wanted to sit to watch the sunset. By the time we left there was a queue for tables..........I think that says it all.

• Visited June 2014
Trondheim, Norway
“Nice but not super taverna”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

A nice taverna with good value for money and as a customer you can also enjoy free sunbeds and food and drink served while you relax in your bathingsuit. A little bit out of town so not too overcrowded.

• Visited June 2014
Staffordshire
“Back again, not disappointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We love Mavromatis! My husband and I have been to Kos on two occasions and always go back to this little Gem. I wouldn't say I was 'easily pleased' where food is concerned but I have absolutely no complaints about what I had when I ate there. The Chef salad is beautiful and Pizza was also of high quality. I suppose it is difficult to please everyone. I think that Manolis and George have done a fine job of painting the restaurant and my Mum always used to say that you can tell the cleanliness of a kitchen by the state of the toilets. Well if this is the case I have no qualms as the toilets were exceptionally clean! The views over to Turkey are spectacular, especially at sunset and we loved stopping off for a cheeky wine, beer or coffee on our way back from Kos town to our hotel. I think the owners of the restaurant are really making an effort and seem to have pride in what they do and what they offer. Would I return? Most definitely. Thank you for your hospitality, kindness and humour. I wish you all the success for 2014 and beyond and when we return to Kos we will most definitely be calling back in to see you.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Lisa B
London, United Kingdom
“A special place with wonderful food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

A group of 12 of us celebrated a birthday here on 4 May. It was wonderful from start to finish and the friendliness of Manolis was so welcoming.
The menu is extensive, the taverna spotlessly clean and the views incredible.
I have been eating at Mavromatis for nearly 25 years and always am welcomed back with wonderful hospitality and food. Even the Kos wine is good!

• Visited May 2014