I returned from the agean view today, and felt I had to comment. Having read some of the horror stories on here I was getting really worried before I left, as it is the first big holiday I have taken with my daughter as a single mum.
We arrived late at night, and the room we were given was disappointing, bit smelly and pokey,generally grotty. I phoned to reception and was told they would move us in the morning.
And they did. After apologising and showing me a new room first to make sure it was suitable, we changed, quickly and easily. The new room was light and airy, had a balcony with amazing views. basic, but clean and had what we needed.
The pools were clean, I didnt see any glass or cracks. We loved the waterpark and it made a nice change to go there. No bar or snacks though so take a drink up with you. The entertainment was fine, not in your face full on jam packed, but waterpolo,aqaufit,music quizes, karioke, usual stuff.
The staff were generally polite, extremely efficient and work incredibly hard.The bar staff are efficient, you are only allowed 2 alcoholic drinks at a time, but no limits on soft drinks. They dont have much time to chat as they are busy. At 11 the all inclusive goes off and you have to pay, but this really is a family orientated resort, not suitable if you are looking for late night lock ins!
The food was lovely, fresh and varied, and lots of healthy options inc fish and liver. lots of fresh salads . We went three times to the taverna aswell and loved it, wonderful open views up there and more ambience than the main food hall
No ants or mossie issues, i got bitten once on my little finger, my daughter didnt get bitten at all.We were vigilant about applying mossie spray and this did the trick.
The only element of the complex I did find hard was how very hard the staff worked, without much of a break, and I felt sorry for them, i gather the owner is something of a task master, but that was my only concern.
This is a long review, but I felt it necessary after having been so anxious myself after reading the negative comments on here!!!
Overall a great holiday, laid back complex, family orientated, easy to get bus into town, the boat trip was fantastic, and there were life jackets on board ( I checked first), clean rooms, good food, good value for money, beautful setting. Happy days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is situated on the outskirts of Kos city (only 2.5 Km) offering stunning views of Kos and the Aegean Sea. With more than 200 rooms, maisonettes and junior suites it can accommodate couples and families up to 7 persons. With a variety of pools, a water park and a spa it can suit all guest needs whether it is action or peace and quiet. In Aegean View Aqua Resort we place high value on ensuring the wellbeing of our guests and providing a "PURE LIFE" way of living. In our "PURE LIFE" farm we are producing our own vegetables, fruits, olive oil, honey and meat. Taking it a step further we use these raw materials to make our own cheese, ice cream, yogurt and pastries, marmalades, traditional sweets and pastries, as well as traditional drinks and refreshments. Variety of pools, a water park with slides and action themed pools along with our Kids Club and sports team will give your children an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Bookgreece.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, 5viajes2012 S.L., Priceline, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Aegean View Aqua Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aegean View Psalidi
- Aegean View Hotel Psalidi
- Aegean View Kos
- Aegean View Aqua Resort Kos/Psalidi