“6th stay, so far. We will be back.”

Aegean View Aqua Resort
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Psalidi
“6th stay, so far. We will be back.”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

6th fantastic stay at Aegean View thanks to Joanna and her hard working team. Our 6th holiday was the best yet as there improvements every time. The staff, in particular Addonis and his team, the boys at the bar and most of the other staff are have been very helpful with everything. The food has improved with all the fresh produce from the farm and the pizzas are excellent.
Only quibbles are the wi fi was only available intermittently and this is very frustrating as we use it all the time so this needs resolving. The entertainment is also very hit and miss and an effort to get there, and no toilets their either. The bar area needs something to create some atmosphere in the evenings.
Joanna is the most friendly , accommodating manager you could wish for and helped to make our stay at Aegean View the Best, so far as we hope to return next year. We made quite a few friends during our holiday who all loved the place as much as we do. Its not perfect but it is really very difficult not to enjoy the charms of Aegean View.

1 Thank Logik8

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I was traveling with my 5 children which is hard enough but to arrive and be greeted by the most obnoxious receptionist irene and to be told I am the other side of the hotel to my mothering law who was helping me with the kids nightmare!!!! having requested we were close together which they denied it seems to be there policy. There was broken steps and tired looking rooms unfortunately we could not make a complaint as the manager is the daughter of the owner if you argue with her your out. Watch out for irene if you do complain she is a nasty bit of work and very two faced.
I could go on my only highlight to this holiday was the restaurant and its staff otherwise we would have left.
Do not believe a word on the hotel its very misleading.

• Stayed July 2013
13 Thank missmooy
Enfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Where do I start. The team of staff behind that desk were totally unprofessional, rude and completely unhelpful. It felt like we were just a hindrance to them. Trying to get a straight answer was like getting blood out of a stone, it was such a slow and painful process. I am completely shocked how they conduct business in this way, especially when they rate themselves as a 4 star. If you dig your heels in their sweet false smiles soon turn sour.

We were messed around when we first checked in. They informed us that they messed up the rooms or something to do with being overbooked. So before you knew it my husband and two small children along with my brother and his two teenagers were shipped off to another hotel for the night. We were told to return the next day after breakfast to a special room which they would make up along with some compensation by giving us free spa's and alcohol in the a-la-carte restaurant. Arrived back to be fobbed off hour after hour until our rooms were finally ready at 2pm. However, the two rooms were in different parts of the complex.

We were looking forward to seeing this special room they put together and they commented on how well we took the situation and how many people have shouted at them in the past, but we just took it in our stride and kept our frustration together. Finally got to our room, turned the key into the door and stood there in total disbelief, if this was there special room then I was seriously worried what the others looked like. Skirting missing off the wall, ants crawling above the bed, bath being held together with mastic. A staircase that looked like something that was a death trap! By this point we collapsed on the stain ridden sofa and stared at the cup of small fresh flowers they put in the room as a special treat for us!

We tried not to take this personally as it just seemed so unfair that we were put in this situation. It caused stress and upset so my husband had to try and put things right. We demanded another room which took it's time and in fairness it was a massive improvement to the previous one!

They offered us free use of the spa (which I never bothered with) along with free alcohol in the a-la-carte along with a free trip to their farm. We decided to take advantage of the a-la-carte and booked ourselves in twice. The first time we arrived was a nice meal and we enjoyed two bottles of chardonnay. The second time we went along throughout our 11 day stay, it was not the same atmosphere at all. This time they did not even bother to show us the drinks menu they just asked us what we wanted. When we mentioned the chardonnay they said, we don't have that. You will have to have the local greek house wine. When we left we were called over to sign for the drinks we had. Felt very uncomfortable by this and never returned again!

The boat trip which was supposed to be part of our inclusive programme but that was not to be. They said if we wanted to go on the boat we had to pay 20 euros per adult and 10 euros for the children. I told them why did we have to pay when I knew the Dutch people were given it for free! Anyway we put this to one side and decided to book. We had the misfortune of dealing with yet another incompetent individual behind the desk with terrible broken English. A man with glasses, and a miserable look on his face. He must be some relation to the owner because nobody in their right mind would have a person like this dealing with the general public. I am sorry to say my 5 year old could do a better job. He informed us he would put it in the diary for a particular day but we needed to get our passports, which is what we did, however, when we returned back down to reception we were told it was booked and we could not go on that sailing! I just looked at him with disbelief and looking for something he could do to put it right but he just shrug his shoulders and gave us a dirty look. No apology, just more bloody hassle as per usual !

My brother had to call 4 times for a club car to pick up his luggage when he was leaving. He informed them that he had a taxi booked at 6pm and he needed his luggage taking down. By the time the club car arrived it was 6:05pm and it took phone call after phone call with this silly man to instruct the driver to collect his stuff. In the end, I got on the phone to him to be told, to just wait it is coming! - Terrible once again!

Even booking our taxi home was more hassle they were trying to get another 5 euros out of us, they said it was a booking fee for the taxi's if we booked it a couple of hours before. I said, why? she said, because that's what they do. I said, how do we avoid paying the booking fee? she said, just book it half an hour before hand. Why didn't she just say that in the first place! Nothing comes easy with this lot.

On the positive side it has a beautiful setting but everything is set so far apart with steep hills. The food was good and the manager, Adonis was lovely, he should be in charge of reception he should show them a few tips on people skills. Eric the guy who drove the club car was always very helpful with a smile on his face always eager to help out. The cleaners were fantastic and you could see they worked really hard.

The entertainment is very poor. Really boring set up on a steep hill away from the main bar. Same old kids disco being run with people from the kids club which was all in Dutch. The shows they were supposed to put on after the disco never happened. Well I never saw any shows in all the time I was there, except for some broken glass trick. Very boring for adults and children at night, really disappointing!

I totally agree with the other family who recently commented on here. We met them the first day while waiting for our room and they looked completely deflated and fed up by the way they were treated. They told us about their experience and I felt sorry for them but we also wanted to judge for ourselves. Now I know how they feel.

We got an extension on our room but that was left to the last minute for them to make up their minds and it took a lot of confrontation to get it sorted. In there defense they finally handed it over to us til 6pm free of charge but even by doing this good deed, we just felt we couldn't bring ourselves to being appreciative because everything was so much hassle previously.

So all in all if you like a hotel which is set completely out from anything with barking dangerous dogs, rude reception staff, no entertainment, mainly Dutch (who are nice people in themselves) but there is the English barrier, then this is the hotel for you!!!

12 Thank Fiona Q
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Well what can I say about our two week 'holiday' at the Aegan View Aqua Resort in Kos, but never ever again!! This resort is family run which you would think would be lovely, but no, it is just chaos. There seems to be no organisation at all, rooms being overbooked all the time, people arriving and no rooms for them even though, like me, they booked well in advance, staff going on strike and we did not get fed, manager (daughter's owner) acting like a right Diva and screaming at guests and telling them she is throwing them out of the resort, the farm that they advertise on their website which you are led to believe is part of the resort is very clearly not, and then they have the cheek to make you pay to visit it, even though we are 'all inclusive'; the worst cheapest drinks I have ever tasted and most of all, the boredom, as this resort is in the middle of nowhere, up a mountain, there is no entertainment in the evening, nothing to do, you can't even go for a walk for fear of getting lost in the dark, in fact, if you are English, forget it as anything in this resort is aimed at the Dutch families.
I arrived with my two children at 11 pm only to be told that our room was not ready, I booked and paid for this holiday last year, how much time do they need? I had even paid extra and upgraded to 'sea view'. Eventually we were given a room, worst room ever, no sea view, in fact no view whatsoever! It was dark, dirty, bathroom full of mould, shower broken and bath panel full of silicone, nails and screws sticking out of woodwork in the veranda, tiles inside and out broken. The air condition, took forever to get going. In the morning, I went to reception to try and sort out a better room. When I got there, the manager was screaming at a young couple who had missed their plane and arrived at the resort late, and telling them that she had given their room away because they did not turn up on time and the resort was now fully booked. I felt so sorry for the poor lass who was crying her eyes out but the manager was oblivious to this and just carried on ranting at them telling them it was their fault for being late, what difference should that be if they had paid for their room? So, what chance of sorting out my room? I decided to just grin and bear it, at least we had a room and make the most of our stay here.
There is nothing on this resort apart from a little overpriced shop run by a stern looking women. It cost me a fortune on taxis to Kos town to entertain my children as apart from the swimming pool, which is lovely, there is nothing else to do.
Very disappointed with this resort, and I definitely would not recommend it to anyone. Absolute chaos!!

Room Tip: Do not go there!!!
10 Thank Tony W
West Sussex, England
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We have just come back from 13 nights at the Aegan View which we had planned and booked as an 'all inclusive' family holiday with my son and wife and their five children (2 – 14 years) at the start of 2012. We chose this resort because of the water parks and the farm as the youngest of the children adore animals. We booked three rooms so that my grandchildren would stay with me and my partner and my younger son (Andy) and requested rooms close together. Later on my sons friend (Tony) and his two children and my friend (Sally) and her daughter joined our booking, so that we were a party of 15 – 7 adults and 8 children. When we arrived, we found that our rooms had not been allocated to us and had to wait around for them to sort out rooms for us. We were eventually given rooms at different ends of the resort which made it very difficult with the children.
The next day we found out that the farm is NOT onsite (40 minute away) and that to visit the farm, you had to book transfers and then had to pay 5 euros to go in. The 'free' horseriding they advertised - you had to pay for your own transport there. We went to reception and were confronted by Irene, the receptionist, who is the rudest, most obnoxious person I have had the misfortune to meet, to ask if we could talk to the manager to discuss our issues. We finally got to see her the next day; We invited her to sit down with us (my son Alan, Sally and me) so that we could talk which she refused and continued to stand over us. She was very aggressive in her manner and would not let us finish when we tried to explain our issues to her, and then she just walked off. We asked the receptionist to give us the managers name so that we could log a complaint with 'Ola' which she refused to give us. The manager returned and told us that we were being kicked out of the resort. This was turning into a nightmare and it was only our second day! Andrew and Katie, (my sons wife), then went to reception to try and mediate and calm the situation. They apologised to her, and begged her to let us stay as we did not want to be thrown out with all the kids. She told them that she was very upset because she has just come back from a funeral. We all agreed to stay away from reception to avoid any further upset. Alan received a phone call from 'Ola' early in the morning telling him that we had to pack and leave immediately with no refund. They did not want to hear our side of the story, and this we will be taking up with them in due course. He was told that the only way we would be allowed to stay is that we had to write a letter of apology, with copies of our passports and sign it. We had no choice but to do as we were told.
We found out that the manager, is the owners daughter. It seems that she was not satisfied with us having to grovel and beg to her even though we had done nothing wrong, but she then took every opportunity during our stay, to belittle,humiliate and even bully different members of our group; she even did this to my grandchildren who were sat at the reception area with their mobiles, telling them that they were lucky to be there as she could throw us out any time she likes! We spent our time here anxious, frightened of what would happen next and extremely uncomfortable and could not wait for the time to pass so that we could go home! The only reason we did not leave, is simply that we could not afford to pay for another hotel.
I will now list some of the things that are wrong with this resort:-
Rooms were tired and needed updating, mould around the bath, shower heads broken, toilet won't flush properly, tiles broken etc
No toilets around the pool area - the toilets are located down a flight of stairs, which are very slippery with no grab rails, making them extremely dangerous. The men's toilets stinks! No lighting in the evening.
The entertainment (Willy, who tries his best) is a complete farce, It is located at the top of the resort, with NO toilets whatsoever so that people were peeing in the bushes! Very limited drinks at the entertainment bar.
The 'private' beach which you have to get the shuttle bus to as is too far to walk, is a disgrace. It is full of litter, unkempt, again no toilets provided and no showers.
Some of the grates around the main pool are broken and people kept tripping up on them; Willy put his foot through it during his aerobic session injuring his leg.
The resort is situated on a mountain and the aqua park is at the very top of the resort, away from the main pool, very windy, limited inflatables, extremely overcrowded, open to day visitors, and not suitable for the younger children. This meant that our group could not all stay together to entertain the children but had to take it in turns to take the older children to the aqua park. Also, no all inclusive ice cream here but ice creams on sale at 2.50 each!
The 'Gym' consists of one machine! The sauna you have to pay for, the jacuzzi only has one jet working..
The resort is totally isolated, you cannot walk to anywhere... Dogs barking constantly day and night.. Cats, some of them very skinny and poorly, in the restaurant!
Two days before we were due to leave, when we were waiting to go in for lunch at 1 pm, the staff went on strike as they had not been paid for over three weeks. We were told that the Dutch firm had not paid the resort and that we would not be getting any food. A couple of hours later, we were sneaked in through reception to go the restaurant, (but not the Dutch families), to limited food being offered. We felt very uncomfortable with Dutch children staring at us through the windows as they were hungry but we were told that if we tried to pass food to them we would not be allowed to stay in the restaurant.
The manager was nowhere to be seen during this commotion and it later transpired that the resort had been paid and it was a mistake on the manager's side. Had she taken the time to communicate with the Dutch firm, a skill she very much lacks, this would not have happened. She had allowed people and children to go without food and did not have the grace to come out and apologise to them!
This resort would run better if it was not run by an egotistical, bullying, power mad, self absorbed dictator who apparently does not like to take criticism. BEWARE this was the worst holiday we have ever been on in our entire lives.

15 Thank josecamilleri
Witney, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Just returned from this complex after a lovely 11 night stay. We stayed in a Family Suite which was ideal, 1 bedroom and a bathroom downstairs and a huge bedroom upstairs. The separate lounge area was just a walk through hallway with a settee in really, but not a problem for us as we were a party of 3. The food is excellent, plenty of fish, meat, salad and vegetables and always freshly made pizza everyday. The complex is about a 25 minute walk from Kos Town or there is a bus every hour. The town, harbour and castle are well worth visiting. Would not recommend the beach though, not very nice. Overall, we were really pleased with our choice of hotel, very friendly, everything is kept very clean and we had a nice easy going holiday.

Room Tip: Family suites are located around a separate pool so you can be nice and quiet or you can go to the m...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Hilary021
monmouth, wales
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Loved the hotel (after a bit of a glitch the first night as they hadn't received our booking!). The views are stunning looking out over the Aegean sea and Turkey in the distance. We had a superior sea view (refurbished) which was lovely, very comfortable, clean and modern (although the room we had the first night was classed as a junior suite and was not refurbished, would not recommend). The staff couldn't be more friendly or helpful. The food is fantastic, lots of variety, if you like vegetables and salads as I do you couldn't go wrong. We had one meal in the al la carte which was lovely. Its a good walk from town but was too hot for that so we caught the bus from just down the road which cost 1.20 Euros and took about 10 minutes and took you right into town. The hotel has a minibus to go to the beach 4 times a day and back but it was always full so there was usually waiting around so the bus was easier.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room if you can
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank di63
Also consider these accommodations in or near Psalidi
Kipriotis Village Resort
Mitsis Ramira Beach Hotel
Michelangelo Resort and Spa
Grecotel Kos Imperial Hotel
Astir Odysseus Resort & Spa
Platanista Hotel
Platanista Hotel
#1 of 19 in Psalidi

Been to Aegean View Aqua Resort? Share your experiences!