All reviewsshared poolturkeypool bargolf buggygreat holidaykos townanimation teampoolside snacksthe main complexthe busice creamfree minibuswe arrived late at nightfamily holidayfood was lovelybar stafffamily room
Reviewed 6 October 2017

Unfortunately Basil wasn`t behind the Reception desk but Sybil was when my wife and I arrived at 1am but instead of a cheerful welcome we were told that they had no reservation for us despite having a confirmation letter from our travel company, we were told to sit down jn a rather abrupt tone whilst they tried to sort out a bed for us, we were escorted to an old Ford transit van and taken for a short drive to some apartments, we were told that we would be collected at 8am and taken back to the hotel for our accommodation to be sorted out, it was now 2.30 am,
The transit van turned up at 8am but as there were 20 other people in the same situation, three trips were required,to get us all back to the hotel, upon arrival the receptionist told us to come back after we had enjoyed there wonderful breakfast and our room would be sorted, my wife was feeling slightly happier at this point with the possibility of accommodation but our hopes were dashed and told to enjoy the facilities and come back later, I asked to see the manager but was informed that she was not in yet, at this point I contacted our travel agents and explained the situation with hope of being relocated to another hotel.

After talking to other guests we were informed that the manager had walked out the day before, its now 11am and I asked the receptionist if she had any news on a room for us but was told to return after lunch at 2 pm and it would be sorted, 2,15 I return and once again ask, WOW she replies yes they do have a room for us, I ask her what number our room is but she doesn`t no plus it wont be ready until tomorrow well maybe if the cleaners inform her that they have a room free, we are now told that there booking system had crashed and the cleaners were the back up system, where were we going to sleep that night I asked her, I was told that we would be taken back in the transit van to the apartments and resume the procedure again.tomorrow, Luckily our travel agent moved us to a fantastic hotel at 5pm, the next six days were fantastic.

The Hotel had a very nice reception and restaurant, as for the rest of it we cant comment as this was as far as we got.

Room Tip: Cant give advice on choosing a good room as we didn`t get get the luxury to view any
5  Thank luckylegs2017
aegeanview, Guest Relations Manager at Aegean View Aqua Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

sorry

you were kicked out of the Resort because you got drunk and you were dangerous for our clients and staff

m

Reviewed 6 October 2017

We arrived in the early hours to be greeted by the receptionist who claimed he had no record of our booking , despite having a copy of the booking accommodation voucher with us ( the flight booking and transfer from the same package had gone smoothly). He advised that we would be taken to another hotel & picked up at 8am brought back to th Aegean View hotel for the manager to resolve the booking for the all inclusive booking in the morning.
We were taken in a transit minibus down the hill,to an apartment complex.
We didn't need to set an alarm for the 8am collection, as we were woken by a chorus of cockerels at 5.30am from the small holdings that surrounded the apartment complex.
At 8am it wasn't only us waiting for the minibus to take us back to the Aegean View hotel.....but 18 others!!!!the minibus had to do 3 shuttle journeys to take everyone & their luggage from the apartments to the hotel. There were clearly overbooking issues at 8am his hotel.
The receptionist at the hotel was not able to give us hotel room & invited us to have breakfast & come back to speak to the manager. After repeated visits back to reception, it was clear there was a major over booking problem at this hotel, with no concern by the hotel management to resolve this.
After repeated phone calls to the travel agents who had booked our holiday, we eventually found a room at a nearby 4* hotel. The Aegean View made no attempt to find us another hotel, we suspected we would be bused down the road to the same apartment block. We sampled breakfast and lunch in the busy restaurant at the Aegean View while waiting for the management to try and sort out our hotel room.
Once we arrived at our new hotel, we were warmly welcomed as you would expect at a 4* hotel.
Our experience of Aegean View was chaotic with clear overbooking and poor customer care, I would recommend avoiding this hotel at all costs.
On a plus point, when I asked the manager of The Aegean View hotel, to book us a taxi & pay for the taxi to take us to our new hotel they did.
The standards we experienced between the two hotels were worlds apart and we did eventually have a great holiday , staying elsewhere, after the disastrous start at the Aegean View.

Stayed: September 2017
5  Thank Fl0ssie49

Reviewed 6 October 2017

Food and drink good rooms nice and clean but dining room couldn't cope with numbers that were there but do not cater for English in entertainment and what enternent there was very very poor should be better with the location being in the middle of nowhere also lack of toilets in bar area and round the pools and loads of cats surround you at meal times not good

Room Tip: Higher rooms better
3  Thank ssutton6152
Reviewed 6 October 2017

Just come back after 2 weeks.Clean rooms but could be better ( I do not think they know how to move a bed). When booking you need a room with a pool view. There is lots of pools around the complex including the water park. all good size.
Aegean View is far away from Koss town. You can get a bus from the end of the road leaves 10 passed every hour,and on hour going back. Food is very nice one of the best I have had in an all inclusive, it is a same that the food is not very hot. Entertainment is nil for adults ok if you or Dutch.The hotel should put more entertainment on at night. Our entertainment was playing cards just like a lot more people. I would not go back to this hotel, but that is me, had a tremmer of 4.9 while there so this has put me off going to Grease anyway

Room Tip: ask for room with a pool
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family