We arrived at the kipriotis village resort (which is at the bottom of the hill) thinking wow, amazing reception area, right next to the beach etc. However we were then told that we would be staying in the panorama family, which was up the road. So I thought fair enough, as when I booked it I was told that we would be staying in any one of the 5 hotels iberostar hotels situated within close vicinity.
So we were taken by bus on about an 8 minute drive to the panorama family. The reception area was not as impressive and it was very hilly. We checked in and were again taken by bus to room 1606. What ever you do if you check in at reception and they try and put you in this room REFUSE POINT BLANK!!!! For a start it is miles from the pool, reception, restaurant etc (a good 10min walk up a massive slope), secondly it's an underground room which smelt musty and damp. The room was huge but very dark and very unwelcomming with a rubbish view,so straight away we thought were not staying in this room. So we went down to reception to be greeted by 3 other families from our flight all complaining!! obviously we thought the worst. They were angry as they thought they had booked for the kipriotis village down the road as that was the hotel advertised on the on the beach website. I then found out that we couldn't eat & drink in all 5hotels which is what I thought it meant we were told we could use "all the facilities" in the 5 hotels when we booked.
after a disagreement with the lying receptionist we moved rooms the next day to one right next to reception&above the pool, perfect, or so we thought... Only to find the aircon not working. So we complained to the lying receptionist again several times who kept saying it would be fixed. We then spoke to an honest receptionist who said there was an unfixable problem with the aircon in this room (probably why the other people wanted to move out in the first place, not because they wanted to be on the second floor as lying receptionist had told us).
So we were moved to a third room which was fine. Luckily!
Overall though we had a fab time, the hotel is absolutely spotless, food lovely with lots of selection, good selection of drinks which are a good size. The views are amazing and I would recommend going in the 7th floor bar in the 5* panorama suites to watch the sunset. We hired a buggy which got us about the island which was really fun. Kos town is gorgeous and there are plenty of bars & restaurants there.
Overall I would recommend this hotel, especially for families. The other families who were angry at the reception also had a great time, and in the end we were actually better off at this hotel as the village one is a lot busier, and I'd imagine you have to get up at 6am to get a sun lounger there too,whereas at the family hotel there was always loungers available. We actually had food and drinks at the village hotel on a few lunch times and no one said anything to us so if your on the beach and fancy a snack it's worth a try!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Superb views of the sea and nature will greet you as you enter the Kipriotis Aqualand Hotel, the ideal holiday escape for young, modern families. Fresh and light décor, dedicated areas for teens and kids, and convivially spacious rooms are the hotel's main assets, along with two swimming pools and six different water slides. Noteworthy as well is the high-speed internet at the property, keeping guests connected round the clock. This is simply the perfect choice for any family whose children love having fun in the safety of a supervised aqua park. Once you build up an appetite, beyond the generous breakfast with Greek and international delicacies, you will no doubt enjoy the varied food options at the Erato Restaurant. Relax afterwards at the Sophocles main bar or the Aqua Bar next to the slides. For a change closer to the sea, head down to the Kipriotis Village with its five kids' clubs, impressive choice of restaurants, rejuvenating spa and many swimming pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kipriotis Aqualand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Panorama Family Hotel Psalidi
- Iberostar Hotel Psalidi
- Iberostar Hotel Panorama Family
- Kipriotis Aqualand Kos/Psalidi