and 1 more site!
Atlantica Eleon Grand Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Tragaki
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

We had the best holiday ever here, as soon as you walk into the reception you see the sea and the view is beautiful. We were in room 103 and would recommend it as it was feet away from the pool. The entertainment team work so hard and made our children's holiday with the activities around the pool. Would recommend this hotel to anyone, and would loveto book again

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

Have just returned from a weeks stay at eleon, on arriving at the hotel you definitely get the wow factor as you walk into reception and can straight out to sea. Check in was very quick and we got an upgrade to a suite but on arriving to our suite it was large and spacious but very basic. Lovely Jacuzzi bath in bathroom and a separate shower which is nice. The rooms were cleaned daily and towels changed in am and then they would come in after you had gone out for the evening which is a nice touch. The rooms could of done with tea making facilities ad you could not get one until 7.30 in am. This was our first time all inclusive and we loved it the food was always plentiful and loads of different dishes it was nice to try things may not have tried before. Drinks were also plentiful if you want them that disappointed cocktails were not included but if you did want you could buy for as little as 3 euros which is very reasonable.
Plenty of room to sit after your evening meal and they sometimes have a singer in the panorama bar but if you children there is evening entertainment at the olivia bar. The beach area is very small and pebbly and its very hard to get out in the sea so take shoes that you can wear or you can buy them in the shop there. There are a few pools so you can take your pick of where to go but beware they are chilly but nice for cool down. Lots of eastern European seem to go here and to be honest most of them are quite rude most of the time! We would of definitely returned if it wasn't for the experience we had the night before left, we had previously heard another English couple that were staying in a suite just down from us (107) that they had mice in there sofa bed that there 2 children were sleeping on they were saying that the hotel and management were not really helpful they had cone and apparently removed the mice but they were still in there. On our last night we popped back to our room to pick something up and i noticed that our stuff had been moved from our sofa then i realised we had a different sofa. We went to find the other couple who told us they had a different sofa in there room now!!! Went to reception to ask why they had been swapped and why they would give us one with mice in it they made out it was a mistake and they should of just took our sofa bed from 104 and given it to room 107 as we didn't need it and left us without one but i don't believe that was there plan i just think they didn't think we would notice.
All in all we had a fab relaxing stay at eleon but the problems we had the last night would make me not wanna go back or recommend them to anyone else!!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank h0user12
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We have recently returned from the Eleon Grand, 4 of us, two couples . There are many good points about this hotel, but also some negative ones. The hotel is lovely and overall worth its 4 stars. We both had first floor garden rooms and very impressed with the size of the rooms and the size of the balconies. The rooms were extremely clean and modern, cleaners came in twice a day to clean, empty bins and replace towels. The air conditioning was not that great, being there early June was not too much of a problem, but I think it would become uncomfortable temperature wise in the peak season. The main disappointment about the room was there was no tea/coffee making facilities, and you could not get a drink from the restaurant or bar areas until about 7.30 am. It would have been nice to have been able to have an early cuppa sat on the balcony.
The food at all meal times in the restaurant was brilliant, always plenty of choice, no complaints there. But unfortunately there was a down side to the restaurant, especially for dinner in the evening. The hotel is overrun with children! We were fully aware it was not an adult’s only resort, but it was NOT advertised in the UK as a family hotel. Most meal times were ruined by screaming babies/children and children being allowed to run about in the restaurant whilst you were trying to carry food. I would not be surprized if they have quite a few accidents with food being dropped, as on a couple of occasions I had a young child run straight into me. The other complain about the restaurant was the dress code in the evenings. It clearly says gentlemen to wear long trousers, my husband therefor packed 3 pairs of long trousers as did the other male in our party. Be prepared, the evening meal dress code is more like a buffet on a holiday camp. People came to eat in the same clothes they had been in on the beach/pool. There was no dress code! We queried this with the rep and the restaurant manager and two managers above him. They all assured us they would ask men to change into long trousers, but during the 12 days we were there, we daily saw people coming into the restaurant in the evening in beach clothes, and they were never challenged. What with this and the screaming children I would not be able to rate this 4 star, it was just a beachside café.
The bar and seating areas were nice, but many evenings we and other groups left the lounge area early due to the unacceptable noise from mainly eastern European children. It would appear their parents do not feel they should keep their children from doing whatever they want, they certainly do not teach them any manners! Once again management seemed to simply ignore the fact that the behaviour was simply unacceptable. Even other families with children would be seen to get up and leave.
However the biggest disappointment in the bar area was there are NO cocktails on the all-inclusive package. I agree they were not expensive to purchase, but I would have expected them to be included at a 4 star hotel.
The entertainment was ok ,the team worked very hard, but the entertainment area is a little bit away from the main hotel and there is only one toilet for both male and females to share in that area, the short time we were there a child had to relieve itself the hedge, maybe ok for children but not adults.
The swimming pools are lovely, but VERY cold, once again I have never come across such cold pools, I can only assume where we have been before they have been slightly heated. We also tried the steam rooms and jet pool inside, you can use them for free and are very good.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank denard
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Clean rooms , great food.

Enough place at The pool side.

Hotel is a little bit far from tsilivi nut The bus station is near.

Free tennis and the spa is great.

The gym is rather small, but who goes to an all in for the gym ?

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank japser_be
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I stayed at the Eleon with my family - husband and our three children (3, 5 and 15) from the 24th May until the 4th June 2013. We had a really lovely time, my observations and thoughts are as follows:

HOTEL: The hotel is spotless, the standard of cleanliness was very impressive. The hotel style is modern and contemporary, the views from the top of the hotel overlooking the sea are stunning. We were impressed with the pools and the addition of the water slides were a great family plus.

ACCOMMODATION: We stayed in a superior family suite with a private outside pool. I must admit I was slightly disappointed with our suite as I thought it was a little basic. It had a kitchen area which we didn't use at all (all inclusive hotel) and I felt the space for this could have been used more effectively. Also, even if we had wanted to use the kitchen it didn't have any utensils - not even a cup, so this seemed pretty pointless. I also regretted having a room with a pool as I spent a lot of time worrying that my children would fall in it! Also, the pools are really deep. TIP: If you are going as a family don't bother about getting a suite with a pool, the other main pools are ideal to use. In hindsight, I wish that we had opted for an executive suite with a separate bedroom.

FOOD: We were really impressed with all of the food, in fact we all said that we thought that this hotel had some of the best food in any of the hotels we have stayed at. My only slight criticism would be that I would have liked the dining area to provide small glasses for young children as my children struggled to drink from the large glasses that were available in the hotel. Apart from this, the food was great - special mention regarding the desserts - they were amazing!

ENTERTAINMENT: For my family, the animation team made our holiday really enjoyable. I cannot speak highly enough about the Jango Entertainment team - they were all fantastic and a credit to their management. Each member of the team made a real effort with my children, husband and myself. Taking the time to find out children's names, asking questions and including them in the activities. My girls adored all of them - Laura, Aishleen, Natalie, Alice (great singing voice) Jennifer and all the others. The costumes and the performances for the evening shows were incredible. It was really obvious that the team all worked very hard to put on a great performance. A special mention has to be made regarding Nicky Garvey who is a really gifted and enigmatic entertainer. Nicky seemed to cast a spell over the children and they were all besotted with him! My girls loved Nicky, he also went out of his way to speak to guests and has great people skills. Thank you so much to all of you.

STAFF: The staff at the Eleon are truly professional, I didn't encounter any negative experiences. All the staff worked incredibly hard and are very attentive to their guests. The cleaning staff were fantastic, sometimes returning to our room later in the day with more clean towels.

NEGATIVES: My main negative regarding the Eleon (and this is why I scored it 4 instead of a 5) is the children's outside play area- I thought that this could have been a lot better and frankly it looked worn out and tatty - which is a direct contrast to the rest of the hotel. The play equipment needs to be pulled down and replaced and the surface area needs to be level. I would also suggest perhaps an additional sand pit area, as the beach isn't very sandy on the hotel resort. I would also suggest a table tennis area for older children.
A washing machine would be a good addition too, as families with children appreciate these kinds of facilities!

OTHER TIPS: I booked our holiday with Sunmaster and really regretted it - I wish that I had booked directly with the hotel. Sunmaster charged me a ridiculous extra surcharge of around £220 for having a teenage son! The hotel do not have any ridiculous surcharge and basically this was a completely fabricated added cost. Also, don't bother booking a transfer, you can use a taxi from the airport - we did this and it was 22 euros each way.

DAY TRIPS: We booked with a company called Nevis (something like that) who are in Tsivili (spelling?). A speed boat trip to the blue caves, shipwreck and a sulphur beach cost us 80 euros. The trip was worthwhile but I did regret going by speed boat as we all felt really ill by the time we got to shipwreck cove.

Overall, a lovely family holiday which was easily a good 8 or 8.5 out of ten. Book it!

Room Tip: Don't bother booking a family suite with a private pool if you have young children, choose an al...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank busybee16
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We stayed for 11 nights (17-28th May 2013) and this hotel is in every sense luxurious! From the moment you arrive and see the sea view straight through reception to the pools multi-coloured lighting at night.
The rooms were modern, comfortable and always immaculately clean- we had fresh towels everyday and the cleaner even tidied our room up once or twice!
The breakfast was great anything from an English fry-up to Greek yoghurt and fresh fruit. The lunch and dinner included a lot of pork & chicken and could have more traditional Greek dishes but was still delicious nonetheless.
The all inclusive drinks started from 10am and finished at 11pm which is plenty of time but if you wanted to continue drinking or wanted international brands the prices were ridiculously cheap, 2euros a drink! The all inclusive spirit measures are very generous, perhaps too generous sometimes, but I'm not going to complain about that!
The great thing about this hotel was there was no 6am alarm to go and put towels down on your desired sun bed, the majority of the guests seemed pretty relaxed about this which was great!
The pools are very clean, not the warmest, but great to cool down in!
All of the staff really do go out of their way to help you in any way they can, they work very hard, long hours but are always smiling, cheerful and attentive.
The only disappointing part of a wonderful 11 nights at the Eleon was the beach, it was tiny and mostly covered in rocks etc. Luckily we aren't beach people so this didn't bother us but it may be disappointing to fans of the sand!
Would definitely recommend a stay here wether for a family, a couple or friends I guarantee you will enjoy it just as much as we did!

Room Tip: Try to stay in the rooms where the hotel is as the rooms around 300 metre walk by the Olivia Bar wou...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Adam P
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Just got back from the Eleon Grand, hotel is wonderful, staff are all very friendly and are very helpful, we stayed for a week and the food every day was of a high standard always lots of choice, rooms were spacious and kept spotless by the cleaning staff, setting of the hotel is beautiful when you go into reception you are met by an amazing view over the pools and to the sea and when dining you can choose to dine either inside or outside, we choose outside most of the time due to the spectacular views. Brilliant hotel cannot fault it, would most definatly return.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Tracy O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tragaki
Lesante Blu Exclusive Beach Resort
Mediterranean Beach Resort Hotel
Louis Zante Beach
Louis Zante Beach
#1 of 73 in Laganas

Been to Atlantica Eleon Grand Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!