Arrived at the Eleon at 12pm mid day and we were given a warm welcome by the lovely reception staff. We were taken to our room (not by the happiest of men) in the midday sun with 2 young children, the walk was a good 5 minutes to our room and the hotel could invest in a golf buggy to take guests to their room if they don't stay in the main hotel.
We stayed in a family suite which was spacious inside with kitchen area etc although the storage for a family of four for clothes etc was limited.
The actual hotel itself is beautiful with a choice of pools, we did tend to stay by the kids pool although to reserve a bed in the area, you needed to be up by 7.30am at least! If you didn't reserve a bed by 8am, you would need to go to the Olive Tree area which although is lovely with sea views, the noise of the crickets can drive you mad!!
The choice of food is excellent with beautiful fresh food every day. The choice for children is limited so they could do with a childrens area with chicken nuggets or pizza that the children like.
The Entertainment ladies are fab, they work very hard and some of the shows were excellent with the limited stage area they have and I do agree with a previous reviewer that Jack should take a tip from the girls and interact a bit more with the guests rather than the waitresses!
The waiting staff are so hard working and always have a smile, they do not stop all day and night and take orders from your sunbed which is refreshing for an all inclusive holiday!
We did the Play Away Pirates trip with First Choice which was brilliant, my 5 year old son loved it and it was well organised. Smugglers Cove can get very busy the later you get there but it is well worth a visit and you get to see some of the rest of the island. We did get a taxi into Tsivili which was about 7 euros and there were some nice bars and restaurants and definitely worth a visit. There is not much you can walk to from the hotel so you would need to get a taxi anywhere.
All in all this hotel is beautiful with just a few things needed that would warrant it being a 5 star. Ideal for family and couples!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the area of Tragaki, on the east coast of Zakynthos island, the newly built hotel complex Atlantica Eleon Grand Resort & Spa, occupies its own special place. The name far from random, and while beachfront, is a land 41.000 M2, full of olive trees. This Mediterranean scenery combined with the beauty of the Ionian Sea, is the visitors first impession, at the moment of arrival in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U. and Bookgreece.com so you can book your Atlantica Eleon Grand Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eleon Grand Hotel Tragaki
- Eleon Grand Resort And Spa
- Atlantica Eleon Grand Resort & Spa Zakynthos/Tragaki