The staff are very friendly and helpful, particularly Eleni in reception and Takis the restaurant manager, who gave us a personal tour of the buffet, prior to our first meal.
The food was great, varied and of a very high standard. There are all sorts of hot and cold dishes to choose from----a foodies paradise!
The free local drinks are also very good. The red and white wine,beer, soft drinks and cocktails are all very acceptable. The Blue Miami cocktail is a cracker! The coffee is excellent (DouwEgberts). I would recommend keeping a couple of small water bottles from the flight. These can be topped-up at the pool-area-bar (Water or Wine!!) for putting in the fridge and drinking on the balcony, prior to dinner,
The hotel building and grounds are lovely. We stayed in one of the 3-storey blocks facing the sea, and we would recommend a room near the sea.
The room was large, well appointed and had a big balcony.
Although the bed and pillow were harder than I would like , we soon got used to it, particularly after a few glasses of wine etc.
The Pool area is also great, with loads of sunbeds and parasols.
We enjoyed playing boules every day and theanimation team were very enthusiastic, even if we didnt play/join in all activites, They also put on regular shows in the evening.
The nearest town is Tsilivi (Probably an hour on foot) but we were happy to stay on site for the duration---its that good!
We did a couple of walks in the vicinity, it is a lovely, green, rural area with loads of olive groves and wildlife to see, once you get off the main road. Of course you can hire a car, go on an organised trip or catch the bus, We didn`t----Maybe next time!!!!!!
Tell the hotel (through your travel agent or by e-mail) if you have a celebration day. We were given a bottle of bubbly in an ice-bucket, which we drank on the balcony to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Much Appreciated!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SENTIDO Louis Plagos Beach, around 150m from the gentle-sloping, sandy and pebbly beach of Ampoula (Zakynthos - Greece). We are happy to announce that this hotel will be franchised by SENTIDO Hotels and Resorts as from Summer 2015 following a series of renovations which will take place in winter 14/15. The renovations will include: 1) Full renovation of all 48 front sea view superior rooms 2) Refurbishment of all other hotel rooms by changing bed covers, curtains, balcony furniture, adding flat screen TV, glass partition in bathrooms and by replacing the room and balcony floors 3) brand new spa & gym 4) addition of 2 new adult Infinity pools & transformation of our existing pool to a large kids' pool with water features and to a separate swimming section. 5) upgrading of the hotel's snack bar by the pool to a themed restaurant (Greek Taverna) with show cooking offered as extra choice by reservation to clients on All Inclusive without extra charge 6) new open air Blue Bar 7) refurbishment of hotel lobby ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Bookgreece.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your SENTIDO Louis Plagos Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Hotel Plagos Beach
- Iberostar Hotel Tragaki
- Iberostar Plagos Beach
- SENTIDO Louis Plagos Beach Zakynthos/Tragaki