My wife and I have just returned from staying at the Louis for two weeks. I have to say that of all the hotels we have stayed in over the last 50 years this has to be one of the best for a number of reasons.Even though the holiday season has only just about started in Zakinthos everything in the Louis was up and running at full steam. Although there were only two on the entertainment staff, throughout the day and evening they tried their very hardest to get everyone involved if you wanted to. There were lots of areas throughout the complex where you could hide yourself away and enjoy the peace and solitude of the area. The food... well what can I say , the selection of hot and cold items was the largest I have seen, everything cooked ansd presnted to perfection and great control was taken to ensure that everything was replenished when it was needed to. The catering and dining room staff (under Tarkis) were faultles. What ever you wanted which was on the menu they would provide it. every evening there was a theme. The fish evening well king prawns, mussels, squid, mullet, paella, everything was there for your selection. help yourself, small or large appetites no problem. This hotel was all inclusive and we had the soup for each lunch and dinner and there was never a repeat of the type of soup on offer. I must also mention the bread selection, an extensive choice available and again evertything very fresh. After 6pm the srinks were served by the fantastic Alexander. This bar was his domain, and boy how he couped with all the drinks to be served I will never know. His cocktails were served to perfectionm and with great hunmour. Watch out for his spilt coffee trick if you go. The pool area was the cleanest you would ever want, the water kept clean with a very efficient system and with little chlorine so the eyes were no effected. Our room overlooking the sea, and frontline was magnificient. The two cleaning ladies Martha and ? worked their magic each day, ne towels, pillow cases, etc. and my wife's nightgown was arranged in a very decorus way. Just let me say that all the staff at this hotel from the general manager down did everthing possible to make this a user friendly hotel. What ever the nationalities there everyone ended up making it a real family orientated place to stay. Finally if you enjoy walking, going notrth or south from the hotel tghere were long or short walks along the main secondary road or though the narrow roiads running parallel to the sea which had crfoss roads leading down to the sea and therse all seemed to end with a very nice Taverna at the end. Whilst eating and drinking prices have risen outside the hotel areas everywher in Zakinthos prices are not unfair. Even the fixed taxi prices one would not complain about. Just outside the hotel on the secondary main road there is a bus terminus and there is an hourly service in the morning to Tsilivi and Zante town (1.60 euros only).When you arrive and leave the hgotel that is when you come into contact with the front line reception staff. Again the three that I met were again faultless. Nothing too much trouble, everything done with courtesy and with a smile. The female lady manager and male general manager deserve praise for what they have established at the Louis. I hope that this contribution will enable you to be assured that if you choose this Louis for your holiday stay you will not be disappointed and will return home like us with some super memories. We shall be returning next year..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SENTIDO Louis Plagos Beach, around 150m from the gentle-sloping, sandy and pebbly beach of Ampoula (Zakynthos - Greece). We are happy to announce that this hotel will be franchised by SENTIDO Hotels and Resorts as from Summer 2015 following a series of renovations which will take place in winter 14/15. The renovations will include: 1) Full renovation of all 48 front sea view superior rooms 2) Refurbishment of all other hotel rooms by changing bed covers, curtains, balcony furniture, adding flat screen TV, glass partition in bathrooms and by replacing the room and balcony floors 3) brand new spa & gym 4) addition of 2 new adult Infinity pools & transformation of our existing pool to a large kids' pool with water features and to a separate swimming section. 5) upgrading of the hotel's snack bar by the pool to a themed restaurant (Greek Taverna) with show cooking offered as extra choice by reservation to clients on All Inclusive without extra charge 6) new open air Blue Bar 7) refurbishment of hotel lobby ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your SENTIDO Louis Plagos Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Hotel Plagos Beach
- Iberostar Hotel Tragaki
- Iberostar Plagos Beach
- SENTIDO Louis Plagos Beach Zakynthos/Tragaki