Hubby and I stayed at the end of July/start of Aug 2013. We booked late, only a couple of days before we arrived. We arrived early and they took our baggage, gave us our all inclusive wristbands and told us to go relax and have a drink at the pool bar and that when we got back our room would be ready. They gave us the first available room, we paid for a sea view and it was worth it, all aligned to face the dawn so we were up for the sunrise on our last day.
The pool was thoroughly cleaned every night and was always popular but not jam packed every day. The hotel's private jetty with lots of fish in amongst the coral is well worth investing in a snorkel from one of the local stores. If you go all inclusive I recommend nabbing bread and bread rolls for snorkelling as the fish flock to it and you can get some great underwater photos. The jetty is the main reason we would go back!
The rooms are tired and and we had a limit on the volume on the tv, (the remote for which was held together with tape!) The bathrooms are not bad and the rooms are thoroughly cleaned each day. There's a nightly free movie which is nice if you don't fancy the animation team show.
The food is good (all inclusive is worth it) with a lot of variety, theme nights were good. Not a bad standard of food and the staff are efficient at whipping away used plates. The glasses provided to have a glass of juice and water are ridiculously small, the juices are watered down but the hubby assures me the wines and beer taps weren't watered down.
It is worth going on a boat trip, the Olympic rep that booked ours was rubbish, after being late for our meeting she booked us in on the wrong trip and we ended up on the correct one after the rep who goes on the coach helped us out. She was very professional. The boat was fairly crowded but worth it, two beautiful swimming stops including swimming into a turquoise water cave and seeing the turtles.
The best shop which is also open on Sundays is a mini-mart which is a short walk away, out the main gated entrance and go right, walk past the pool bar on the right and its on the left.
The staff were all pleasant and polite with the front desk being very efficient. They were very accommodating especially as I had an awkward request, I found my pillow so comfy I wanted to buy it so they had to contact their housekeeping for me to see what they could do. I was gifted the pillow for free. The traditional night with a band and dancing is great fun too.
I can honestly say I would go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SENTIDO Louis Plagos Beach, around 150m from the gentle-sloping, sandy and pebbly beach of Ampoula (Zakynthos - Greece). We are happy to announce that this hotel will be franchised by SENTIDO Hotels and Resorts as from Summer 2015 following a series of renovations which will take place in winter 14/15. The renovations will include: 1) Full renovation of all 48 front sea view superior rooms 2) Refurbishment of all other hotel rooms by changing bed covers, curtains, balcony furniture, adding flat screen TV, glass partition in bathrooms and by replacing the room and balcony floors 3) brand new spa & gym 4) addition of 2 new adult Infinity pools & transformation of our existing pool to a large kids' pool with water features and to a separate swimming section. 5) upgrading of the hotel's snack bar by the pool to a themed restaurant (Greek Taverna) with show cooking offered as extra choice by reservation to clients on All Inclusive without extra charge 6) new open air Blue Bar 7) refurbishment of hotel lobby ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your SENTIDO Louis Plagos Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Hotel Plagos Beach
- Iberostar Hotel Tragaki
- Iberostar Plagos Beach
- SENTIDO Louis Plagos Beach Zakynthos/Tragaki