Dear Louis management team,
We recently returned from a week's stay at your very well-run and friendly hotel. The hotel was always spotlessly clean and well-maintained, but here's the thing that made our holiday: the staff. All your staff members across all areas were absolutely BRILLIANT! All the staff around the hotel are very friendly, always happy to help and seem to work non-stop! They are a total credit to your reputation and customer service ethos.
Special mention goes to the very helpful reception team, who accommodated special requests; and of course to your wonderful and very efficient cocktail barman, Alex, who was so charming and great fun. He was very popular with all the guests - young and old - everyone enjoyed his lively company!
The rooms are comfortable and spotlessly clean. TV had BBC and CNN news channels. Daily Maid Service is excellent and efficient. As I have a back problem I found the bed very hard, but this was easily sorted by requesting a mattress topper and extra pillows. Nice balcony, with super sea view and chairs and patio table and a wall-mounted clothes airer to dry wet beach towels and swimwear. We appreciated the air conditioning and the fridge in the room and courtesy tea/coffee tray. Only problem was the hair dryer which wasn't powerful enough, so a tip for ladies with long hair like me - bring your own hair dryer! Nice bathroom with efficient shower over bath.
We spent much of the day on the lovely sun deck near the snack bar and as late as 10 a.m. we had available sunbeds to choose from - every day. The main pool is a really good size, very clean, and well kept, as were the surrounding areas. Lifeguard always in attendance. Always someone picking up rubbish and collecting any empty crockery. Plenty of bins.
Food & Drink:
All inclusive means all inclusive - and all food and drinks were of a good standard, and in abundance. In reality you could get food almost every minute of the day. As much as you like, as all buffet-style - hot and cold dishes.
Breakfast - Delicious. Always a vast choice from fruit to bread to cereals to cooked breakfast, pancakes, etc.
Lunch/Daytime - Good quality food in the restaurant or at the self-service buffet at pool bar, with barbecued meat, salads and a huge variety for all. Poolside bar also offered a snack type breakfast for the late risers as well as mid-afternoon snacks.
Dinner/Evenings - again a vast array of food suitable for all - we especially enjoyed the salads and Greek specialities and grilled meats. Having been married to a Greek and lived in Athens, I am very discerning about Greek cuisine.
Drinks - daytime help yourself to beer or soft drinks, cocktails free and available at pool bar from 10 a.m; evenings the same from the very nice Aphrodite Bar, hosted by the excellent Barman, Alex, who skilfully mixed a cocktail of the day! White & red wine and beer on tap to help yourself to with Lunch and Dinner. Coffee, tea etc also available. Litre bottles of mineral water always available to keep in the fridge in the room.
Credit goes to the very courteous and hardworking restaurant manager.
There was a friendly and happy bunch of people working as the Animation Team - worked hard to make everyone happy and clearly enjoyed it themselves. Not intrusive and understood that we just wanted to chill out sunbathing. During the day round the pool, zumba, aquarobics, music - more available for those wishing to do more such as darts, table tennis, volleyball, water polo, etc.
So in summary we had super holiday with you, and we would definitely come back again, and my sincere thanks and gratitude goes out for making my family's stay with you so warm and welcome. A very good value, yet high quality holiday. For anyone wanting a relaxing get away from it holiday, as we were, then the Louis Plagos Beach Hotel is the perfect choice! I highly recommend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SENTIDO Louis Plagos Beach, around 150m from the gentle-sloping, sandy and pebbly beach of Ampoula (Zakynthos - Greece). We are happy to announce that this hotel will be franchised by SENTIDO Hotels and Resorts as from Summer 2015 following a series of renovations which will take place in winter 14/15. The renovations will include: 1) Full renovation of all 48 front sea view superior rooms 2) Refurbishment of all other hotel rooms by changing bed covers, curtains, balcony furniture, adding flat screen TV, glass partition in bathrooms and by replacing the room and balcony floors 3) brand new spa & gym 4) addition of 2 new adult Infinity pools & transformation of our existing pool to a large kids' pool with water features and to a separate swimming section. 5) upgrading of the hotel's snack bar by the pool to a themed restaurant (Greek Taverna) with show cooking offered as extra choice by reservation to clients on All Inclusive without extra charge 6) new open air Blue Bar 7) refurbishment of hotel lobby ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Priceline, Bookgreece.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your SENTIDO Louis Plagos Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Hotel Plagos Beach
- Iberostar Hotel Tragaki
- Iberostar Plagos Beach
- SENTIDO Louis Plagos Beach Zakynthos/Tragaki