First Impressions of the hotel were good, we arrived late afternoon checked in and went straight into the restaurant whilst our bags were taken to our room. We stayed for 7 nights over our 20th Anniversary and just wanted a nice chilled relaxing break.
Our room was clean and tidy there was no musty smell like you can get it some hotels, however it was very dated and tired, furniture was very old, safe in the room was operated with a key rather than the new digital safes. Beds were a little hard too, when we turned on the air conditioning, all sorts was spat out of the machine and very noisy, rooms are in serious need of being updated. We had paid extra for a sea view and this was worth every penny, the view was absolutely lovely. We had requested a quiet area of the hotel with a good view and this is exactly what we got.
Restaurant area was clean and tidy and staff were very helpful. However having stayed in many all inclusive hotels I found this hotel to be the most repetitive with their food, although the desserts were lovely. On our last night we had kleftiko in the restaurant and the food was only luke warm, the following morning I had a severe upset tummy, great when your travelling home! when we arrived home my hubby also had an upset tummy, this lasted for several days for both of us.
Entertainment was rubbish, we ended up having our meal later in the evening then a few drinks in the bar and back to our room. Really was very poor and I think the hotel need to consider getting some professional acts in several times per week.
Hotel is in a good location, there are a couple of local taverna's and a shop close up, Tsilivi is close but I would not try walking it, either bus or taxi. We got a bus into Zante town which was easy to do and very inexpensive. We also did the smugglers cove trip with Thomsons, the 2 reps on this trip were absolutely fantastic, I learnt more about Zante in this 1/2 day trip than I have in my 2 holidays to Zante! Well worth the money.
On our anniversary we did have a lovely chocolate cake and sparkling wine delivered to our room which was a nice gesture.
The best thing about this hotel are the staff, they are really friendly and really work hard with some very long hours being worked.
Overall we wanted a nice relaxing break which is what we got. However this hotel is not a 4 star hotel at best its a 3 star. However the hotel are doing something right as there are many return guests here. Would we return, this is unlikely but perhaps next time we would try a Louis premium hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SENTIDO Louis Plagos Beach, around 150m from the gentle-sloping, sandy and pebbly beach of Ampoula (Zakynthos - Greece). We are happy to announce that this hotel will be franchised by SENTIDO Hotels and Resorts as from Summer 2015 following a series of renovations which will take place in winter 14/15. The renovations will include: 1) Full renovation of all 48 front sea view superior rooms 2) Refurbishment of all other hotel rooms by changing bed covers, curtains, balcony furniture, adding flat screen TV, glass partition in bathrooms and by replacing the room and balcony floors 3) brand new spa & gym 4) addition of 2 new adult Infinity pools & transformation of our existing pool to a large kids' pool with water features and to a separate swimming section. 5) upgrading of the hotel's snack bar by the pool to a themed restaurant (Greek Taverna) with show cooking offered as extra choice by reservation to clients on All Inclusive without extra charge 6) new open air Blue Bar 7) refurbishment of hotel lobby ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your SENTIDO Louis Plagos Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Hotel Plagos Beach
- Iberostar Hotel Tragaki
- Iberostar Plagos Beach
- SENTIDO Louis Plagos Beach Zakynthos/Tragaki