See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 July 2009

Hotel just right for peaceful relaxing holiday with good food and excellent staff. The hotel is a good half hour walk into town but we loved it. Walking back roads through Olive Trees is part of Greece.
Beach is about five mins walk and has several tavernas all serving good food and drink.
The bus stop is only 200m away and only 1.40euro to Tsilivi or Zanti. Taxi 7euros one way
Hotel food was excellent and two main meals with wine 15euros. Stuart (the mad Welshman) and Jacky run the bar/restaurant and made us feel at home straight away.
Beautiful Pool maintained by “Vlad the Lad” . Rooms clean and cleaners very friendly as were all
staff.
Other residents mainly Greek but Stuart said Brits stay mainly May June or September October.
When we got home wanted to re pack and go back !

1  Thank Johnworthy
Reviewed 29 July 2009

Well another fantactic holiday to the Maistrali.We would like to thank them all for everything they done for us and we will be back asap.To steve and Jackie, we love you and hope Terry is ok.To the Bonkers gang we say,see you next year.
If you looking for a relaxing holiday,clean rooms(303 best view ever)great owners and staff,clean and big pool(very deep) then you cant to wrong.

1  Thank bonkersLondon
Reviewed 21 July 2009

Well having read the previous review I must totally disagree with them, I have just returned from a 2 week break and had the worst holiday of my life there.

This is the first time staying on Zante with my lovely girlfriend. We choose the Maistrali Apartments Tsvilli because the reviews looked good and pictures too. How wrong we were, I want to clear up some major issues with this place before considering booking here. I’m not trying to sway your decision, but I feel I have some really important things you need to know.
1.Firstly their web site sates that they will book your transfer for you just send them an e-mail and they will meet you at the airport. I did this arrived in Zante morning time and no Taxi, we paid 20 Euros to get to the hotel standard price, to be told the e-mail was picked up but they no longer offer the service, but still advertise this so please don’t rely on them, they couldn’t even be bothered to e-mail me back Thanks!
2.Their attitudes, the place is run by a family, the two parents are horrible people, they never smile, they just want your money, if you buy food out of the hotel they make your holiday very difficult, the daughter is always shrugging her shoulders and every jobs seems like it’s the end of the world, it’s your JOB woman do it!
3.The location is the worst in Tsvilli, it’s the very end hotel on the strip, bear in mind this walk into Tsvilli town, where you need to go every night because the hotel does not offer any entertainment oh except bingo once a week, it will take you 40 minutes walking on dark roads which are very hilly, so you need to get a taxi there and back which is 14 Euros everyday on the price of your holiday.
4.If you decide to get a motorbike get one from Theo Rentals they are in Tsvilli and they offer a motorbike for 10 Euros a day compared with the Maistrali who said they were doing some good prices at 30 Euros a day! And the old hairy owner shouted at me a few times for parking the bike at the front because he was annoyed I got a bike from a different company what ever happened to choice? We didn’t see one person in the hotel who had used them for rentals because of the prices they offer ROBBERS!
5.Entertainment – nonexistent but if you like bingo once a week with some old miserable Greek people stay here.
6.Food – Rubbish if you order a hamburger you get a hamburger, no garnish ect just a frozen burger and a white bun, toast is never toasted and the miserable lady who serves it puts you off your breakfast because of her doom and gloom face and attitude.
7.Self Catering – Very poor utilities one pan which will fit an egg it in and another pan the size of a cauldron, they make you buy your own washing up liquid, towel and scrubber all added costs.
8.Checking out – They make you check out at 10. My flight wasn’t till Monday at 7:30am so we had no hotel room from Sunday at 10 am, the owner said that once you check out you are no longer part of the hotel, he basically doesn’t want to know you.
So all in all we had the terrible holiday never have a wasted so much time and money on a hotel, who make you feel like scum, making us shower next to the pool because they wouldn’t allow us to go up to a friend’s room, I will never return here and be telling people not to book here.

5  Thank King-Kong-uk1
Reviewed 17 July 2009

I'm afraid I must begin by disagreeing with the previous (poor) review, accepting that other people are entitled to their opinions. We stayed at the Maistrali (I think at the same time as the previous reviewer) and had a fabulous time.
The apartment was spotless, and cleaned daily by very friendly maids.Bedding and towels were changed every other day-a privilage I have rarely had when self-catering in Greece. The only slight complaint (and really it is nit-picking) is that the pillows were a bit firm! We hired a car for 4 days (and were assisted by the very able and willing young lady on reception, who also helped us arrange our transfer) and found that the apartments' location were pretty much equidistant to most of the island's attractions. We had no experience of the buses.
We only ate at the on-site restaurant once, but found the food to be perfectly acceptable and reasonably priced (for a good sized portion) when compared to the other local outlets. The 'Welsh couple" always said, "Hello" to us, despite us spending the vast majority of time off-site. There are at least 5 tavernas within 500m walking distance and given that there are probably only 8-10 other buildings in the locality there should be no problem getting food. The shop over the road from the apartments is very convenient and seems to get daily deliveries of bread and fruit etc, along with usual tat. Again, very helpful people.
The local beach (approx 500m walk, 100m down a short 1:7 hill) is very small with a mix of sand and pebbles. Halfway down this hill, there is an excellent little restaurant, which is worth a visit for its free (with a meal) ice cream alone.
Zakynthos island was beautiful when you got away from the 'mini-Blackpools' -which was easy enough to do in the car. We swam with turtles from one of the island's beaches...a memory which will last a long time. Returning to Maistrali was always nice, because you knew you would be coming back to a clean, quiet apartment and decent bed. It is not a place for 'party people' who want a 'sunny blackpool' - Laganas, Tsilivi, or Alykes is for you, but for a quiet, comfortable friendly place, with a lovely pool (freshwater, approx 15m), plenty of sun-loungers (we came back pretty much every afternoon around 4.30 as it got too hot on the beaches or in the car), and very helpful staff Maistrali may just fit the bill. And no, I'm not on commission!

Ian and Linda

2  Thank AvidTurtler
Reviewed 17 July 2009

If your looking for good hospitality this is the place to come, i felt welcomed as soon as i got there and never looked back all the staff were a credit to the place.The hotel was well organised throughout and the food was exceptional and differant,there is something for everyone on the menu and we did not have one bad meal.The food wasnt a million miles away from British cuisine which appealed to me and it was nice to try something slightly differant.I would also say that the prices are fair basically normal standard prices for wherever you go on holiday abroad averaging seven to eight euros,like i say the food is gaurenteed to be a good standard.
Every night brought us laughs and entertainment at the bar, Steve from cardiff is a legend in our opinion and he made the holiday even more special for us, crackin DJ too! music for everyone throughout the day.I dont think ive seen anyone work as hard as Steve's other half Jackie she ran the show every single night to perfection,always pleasant and presice. In fact these two are simply a great couple to be around they make you feel so relexed and ensure your stay is a good one.All the staff were helpful and always friendly.
We just wanted to relax by the pool on this holiday to recharge and this was a good place to do so,we were lucky to have nice guests with us on thier holidays at the same time who gave us a laugh a minute and we are hoping to meet up again the same time next year....watch out we will be back boyo's !

Thanks for everything