“Excellent Casa Particular”
Review of Casa Marylin

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Matanzas
Casa Marylin
Ranked #18 of 24 Matanzas B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stayed the second time in Casa Marylin. Very friendly and helpful people. No matter if you want to book a massage or need any support with your trip, Marylin helps you with everything. The room is tidy, clean and has even a small fridge. Both rooms have air-conditioning. The food is delicious and you can have fish, shrimps, chicken, and and and.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank 33Deborah2013

Reviewed 2 August 2014

i went to Cuba in late March, at first i only booked for 3 days, but in the end i stayed over there whole my trip. (except for 10 days i went to Havana)

Marylin and the families are all hospitality and kind, tried their best to help me get a wonderful trip in Matanzas. As long as you tell Marylin your needs, she always try to see what she can offer the best, from food, travel suggestion, budget...
and the meals was so nice, when i went to Havana after a few days i started to miss the meals in casa Marylin!

i actually had no "plan" for the trip, but liked to hang around the neighborhood and experience the local life, when they go out to shop they ask me to join, invited me to the baseball game with them! show me the beautiful beach nearby, and talking with Marylin also help me know more about Cuba.

as i don't know any Spanish, i guess i wouldn't have a so great experience if i wasn't at this casa!!! They're just like my family in Matanzas!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank ShihYiYang
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Hi. I've been to Cuba a number of times. And this was a great casa to rent. Price was great. I booked the casa ahead of time through a website. Marylin even offer to arrange for an airport pick up. When I arrived at the airport, Pavel was there to greet me. He had a sign and he help me with my bags. On the way to Matanzas, he showed me the great beaches in the area, caves and other spots to check out.

Marilyn's casa was great. If your the type of traveler who's want to see an authentic side of Cuba, I'd recommend this casa. The casa is located in nice Cuban neighborhood. People really friendly there. Staying there, I got to witness the everyday life of the Cuban people. The rooms were clean. The rooms also had A/C which is a plus when going to Cuba in June. I really like the private patio areas. Marilyn's cooking was the best. They served me a huge breakfast on one of my private patio's. Also she had two bike's there I used to explore the city with. Beat's walking in +30c weather. Pavel also showed me around the city and helped me find the neighbor barbershop. Pavel offer to be my private taxi. In my travels to Cuba, taxi's can be expensive, but Pavel fees were super cheap. I ended up going to Havana and prior to my trip there I researched some Casas in Havana, but when I showed Marylin, she hooked me up with a even better casa that wasn't even on the websites. Pavel even drove me to Havana and offer to pick up when I wanted to leave Havana.

Overall I enjoyed my time at Casa Marylin and I give it two thumbs up!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Marylin, her mother and daughter as well as Pavel are very nice, warm-heated and helpful people. It is my second time I have spent more than a week at their casa and they showed me how and what to explore in Matanzas and surroundings. It is also a good starting point to start your trip and get last advices or adresses from other casas. The room is clean with air conditioning, big bathroom and a nice balcony/terrace. The food is delicious and they serve you nice Mojitos, Cuba Libre, etc. if you like. The casa is only a few minutes walk from the city center but also from the bus terminal which is quite handy if you want to take a taxi collectivo for 2 CUC to Varadero Beach.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank 33Deborah2013
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Hello, I arrived in Varadero and chose Matanzas as my first stop and Marylin's as my first casa. It was the perfect place to start the trip and to get into cuban life. Marylin and the other members are really friendly and help you with everything, also if you just start to pick up the spanish language. Breakfast and dinner are also perfect. It's a bit of a walk into the city center, but that's the only negative point I can tell. I can just recommend it to everybody!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I had planned a cycling trip to Cuba ,I chose this casa on location, phoned did e mail.Arrived at Jaun Gilberto, changed my money; turned around and there was Pavel with a sign with my name! The Taxi was 52 chevy, very cool and we cruised into Matanzas, Life was very good.The casa is a short walk to downtown and very easy on a bike to exit the city for exploring Cuba. Marylin and Pavel are very ,very helpful and meals were very good for cyclists.Lots of room for bike storage and assembly. I will return

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Lee K
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Hello everybody,
we spent a few days in a really nice and spacious house which is situated on the edge of the town. The owner - cuban lady Marylin - is a kind and friendly person speaking English and she can prepare very tasty cuban food for you, give good advice, where to go and how to spend free time. The room is nice, clean with big bathroom and toilet and a big terrace. We can recommend this casa particulare to everybody who wants to spend some time in Matanzas.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple