We have just completed a 6night stay here at this resort.
We had a transfer from Cebu airport which takes about 2.5-3 hours,the trip itself was an interesting experience in its self.
We booked a garden room,and as most have commented already on the sea view rooms,I don't see any advantage in the sea view rooms,but that is my personal opinion ,some travellers may want that regardless.
Our room was unit 8 next to the pool and pool bar,again as others have said the room was immaculate ,big bathroom shower,air con and ceiling fan,comfortable bed,during our stay ,our room was serviced everyday,and we returned from diving each afternoon to an immaculately clean ,serviced room,the grounds ,gardens within this resort are also faultless,the owners obviously take a lot of pride in this establishment ,one must remember that this is also where the owners live and Fee is very proud of what I would determine to be her home.
And the effort that the local workers put in is a credit to all.
Meals and drinks
We had paid for full board, so after reading everyone's moaning in previous threads I wasn't sure what to expect,we specifically came to dive, and as a diver at the end of the day you just want to be fed,
Well personally I couldn't fault any of the meals,we don't eat breakfast so, I cannot pass judgment on that, but I will pass judgment on lunch and dinner
On everyday at lunchtime we had, obviously soup, which everyone has commented on,but there was always 1 fresh salad and 4 main dishes to choose from,all hot,freshly cooked and very good, they try and cater for everyone's taste as well as a little of their own culture,this was followed up with fresh fruit.
dInner was the same followed by a dessert,
This was buffet ,not al a carte, so be for warned, I do know that Fee (owner) went out of her way, and always asked if there was something else she could get you if you didn't like what was served,
I know she made burgers for a teenage woman ,who was staying there,so I personally don't understand some of the flaming in threads below.
The restaurant girls were brilliant and they cannot be faulted.
Drinks ? Yes you will always find these cheaper outside of any resort in the world,be it water, soft drink or beer, this is how the world rolls, so either pay the prices at the resort, or go into town ,and get your own,
Yes they charge for most things ,so ask before you purchase, this way ,it will stop you moaning in forums like this.after you have paid your bill, don't take every resort to be the same ,be it water or anything else,each resort has their own pricing structures,and just because the last resort you were in didn't charge you doesn't mean the next one won't.
The dive operation is run by a young couple,Hendrick,and Fanny,they have a wealth of overseas dive industry experience , and they run the operation faultlessly ,nothing is a problem,and once you get a feel for the process,on how everything works,it's a breeze,all you have to do is enjoy your dives,again everything in the dive prep area is immaculate,and I feel this has some of Fanny,s influence placed here,the boats are safe and good for the sites you visit,the dive masters are very good, and don't hurdle you like cattle ,they sit back and allow you to enjoy your dive,pointing out the odd subject ,but always giving you a sense that they had total control.
Overall if I was asked would I ever go back there ,the answer would be defiantly ,
Please note if you are not a diver and were planning on 7-10 day stay ,you might want to reduce that by a couple of days,.
Please note,we have dived and traveled a lot of the world,so this was not our first trip to a dive resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique family run hotel and dive resort with 27 well equipped air-conditioned rooms. Choice of villa room of 2-story hotel block. Set in landscaped tropical grounds giving onto the shore front. Reclaimed beach and great coral house reef. Easy access to over 20 dive sites. Restaurant serves buffet meals and a la carte snacks and meals. Food comes highly recommended by guests. Free Breakfast and Free WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Travel Book Philippines, Inc. and HotelsClick so you can book your Turtle Bay Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Bay Dive Hotel Moalboal
- Turtle Bay Dive Resort Moalboal, Philippines - Cebu Island