I would recommend this place for divers only. There is no beach at the hotel and only 2 beaches in the area which are not very nice compared to the region (we have better beach in HK!!). We chose to diver here because it is very convenient to reach this place (direct flight from HK + 2.5hours drive by taxi for $110 return). The "tuk tuk" you might use to go to the village (for bars/restaurants) is a complete rip off. Even though I am happy to pay tourist prices, I'm not willing to pay twice the price of a taxi ride in HK. Either negotiate hard (and simulate to walk away) or rent a motorbike at the hotel (PHP400 a day).
About the hotel:
You only get what you pay for so dont expect luxury. The room & bathroom are basic & small but very clean. The swilling pool is however very nice. Food is only average (and was a big deception based on the other reviews and the price paid...).
The hotel has been built in 2006.
All staff members are really wonderful. We really felt at home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique family run hotel and dive resort with 27 well equipped air-conditioned rooms. Choice of villa room of 2-story hotel block. Set in landscaped tropical grounds giving onto the shore front. Reclaimed beach and great coral house reef. Easy access to over 20 dive sites. Restaurant serves buffet meals and a la carte snacks and meals. Food comes highly recommended by guests. Free Breakfast and Free WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Travel Book Philippines, Inc., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Turtle Bay Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Bay Dive Hotel Moalboal
- Turtle Bay Dive Resort Moalboal, Philippines - Cebu Island