Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 June 2019

Just want to share an experience because it was so amazing (and could easily have been terrible). I'm traveling solo and diving at the TurtleBay Dive Resort. Did a couple dives the other day- all normal and well within limits. Absolutely no reason to worry. A couple hours after the dive I start feeling ill. I rushed from dinner to my room because I felt nauseous. The staff knew I was alone and when they saw me leave the cafe so suddenly, they came to check on me. I said I was probably fine, just tired from the heat (although I was starting to think decompression sickness). Then CJ, the GM came to check on me...after talking he convinced me I should go to a decompression chamber in the capital, Cebu which is 3 hours away. They arranged for transportation and even had someone from the hotel go with me to talk to the doctors and staff and translate in case anyone didn't speak English- Jonah from the front desk, and she stayed with me and kept me company THE ENTIRE TIME. (It was a long time.) I've never had anything like this happen and I was pretty nervous but she was very kind and we chatted like we just happened to be on a jaunt into the city together.

Once at the hospital the staff at the hyperbaric medicine center were so kind- Ell the nurse (not sure how to spell his name but it's pronounced Elle) even got in the bariatric chamber with me so I'd not be nervous and have someone to talk to for 2 hours! Dr. Larry was great and made me feel so much better. Another 3 hour drive back to Moalboal when done, getting back just around midnight. (Poor Jonah!) Next day everyone was asking how I felt, did I need anything, was I doing ok... it felt like I was surrounded by family members.

TurtleBay Dive Resort has taken AMAZING care of me and I don't feel alone AT. ALL. It's so easy to feel isolated and lonely when traveling solo when things are going well, and being alone when things go wrong can be really scary. You expect/hope that if you stay somewhere and something happens that people will help you out, but they went above and beyond. I'm very lucky I was surrounded by amazing, friendly, kind people who helped me feel better when I was feeling a little scared. I just wanted to give them a shout out and say if you love diving and travel solo, definitely stay here as you will be WELL taken care of! They will make sure you have a great time and take the best care of you.

Regarding the resort itself- The food is great (eat the local dishes, they're the best) and the beds are like clouds. I've been traveling around S.E. Asia for a couple months and most beds have been somewhere between reed mat and bed of rock in comfort levels. I could sleep forever in these beds. Also, I've seen a rediculous number of turtles... there are seriously turtles everywhere...the water is incredibly clear, the corals are amazing, I saw an electric disco clam!! (My new favorite animal) and a mappa puffer fish that changed color! So sad I can't dive for the rest of my trip

(Just don't be an idiot like me and not drink enough water AND snorkel for 2 hours in the heat after 3 dives.... sigh.....)

But definitely stay here. It's local owned and operated and a wonderful place to dive, snorkel, or just hang out.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
turtlebaydiveresort, Public Relations Manager at Turtle Bay Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2019

Wow. We are deeply touched by your feedback. It is truly rewarding to receive heartfelt reviews from our guests. We couldn't thank you enough for all your kind words. Being located far from the city, it is given that our guests have traveled so far just to stay here. It is our goal to give them the most relaxing and enjoyable vacation. We are very happy to know that we were able to cater all your needs and for being able to take care of you. Safety is one of our main priorities and we are so thankful that you got well from decompression! In behalf of all our staff, thank you and hope to see you again in the future, Natalie!

Best regards,

Reviewed 12 June 2019

This is our 3rd time in Turtle Bay Dive Resort. Already feels like home to us and we will definitely return here many times in future. Hospitable personnel, who remembers their return guests, very smiley and service is at its top. Tranquility and beauty of this place makes it the best among all seaside hotels. Amazing views, wonderful snorkeling will stay in memory. PADI Dive Center became our alma mater in diving experience and we are very gratefull to CJ, RJ , Robin and the whole team who made our diving experience interesting and unforgettable. Looking forward new visits:)
Sofya and Vitaly.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2019 via mobile

In the middle of nowhere there is a High quality hotel that really stands out. It really felt like Home Even though we only were here for 5 days. I Had my first Dive here and CJ, the instructor, was the perfect guy to have it with. Thank you for a perfect 5 days.

Kris

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
turtlebaydiveresort, Public Relations Manager at Turtle Bay Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2019

Hello Kris,
First of all, thank you for choosing our resort and for taking the time to share your experience with us. Indeed it is our aim to make our guests feel at home. We are delighted to know that it has been reflected on your 5 days stay. Thank you for letting us be a part of your dive adventure and for having your first dive with us! We are happy that CJ was with you. He is truly a dedicated instructor. It was our pleasure to serve you. Have a great day!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 April 2019 via mobile

We stayed at turtle bay for two days. The place is ok, but if you’re not diving do not stay there, it is far from town and inconvenient to get there. The breakfast is basic, and the internet is not working in the room. I would only recommend this for divers (hence the name).

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
turtlebaydiveresort, Public Relations Manager at Turtle Bay Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2019

Hello Mariana,

Thank you for choosing our resort and for recommending us to divers. We agree that our place is for the ocean lovers and those who want to have a relaxing vacation. We are saddened by the rating you gave us. First of all, we work hard to make our guests happy during their stay. Second, it seemed unfair for us to be rated on a standard that we are not (we are not a beach resort, an amusement park, or a luxury resort). Third, we never advertise that we have Wi-Fi in our rooms. We did invest in the most expensive internet option for our location and we can only provide them in our public areas. Unlike other places you've been to, we only have few internet towers here in Moalboal. We are located far from the busting city and it has been our goal to make great diving easily accessible to foreign and local guests whilst they enjoy good food in a serene surrounding. We are very sorry that we are not the resort you have been looking for.

Kind regards,
Turtle Bay Family

Reviewed 6 April 2019

We stayed here for a week this March and found the hotel to be clean, pleasant and very friendly. The diving was excellent, we were taken to various dive sites, the guides new them very well able to point out all the things of interest. Prices were good especially if you did 10 or more dives. The majority of divers seem focused on taking photographs, which is fine, but they do tend to miss a lot of things that weren't directly in front of them .

I would happy recommend this hotel, the name of which is perfect. I have never seen so many individual turtles ( 3 different species ) in my 20 yrs of diving, on one dive we saw over 15.

Room tip: Ask for sea view ,
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
turtlebaydiveresort, Public Relations Manager at Turtle Bay Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us a shot, and even more for leaving us this review. Being a small company, most of our guests are referred to us by existing guests. Like you, all our other guests too loved their dive experience with us. It is our utmost pleasure to share the wonderful marine life of Moalboal and inspire people to protect this irreplaceable treasure. We look forward to serving you again.

Best regards,