“Beautiful” 5 of 5 bubbles

101 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 118 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

We were very impressed with how beautiful the falls were and the color of the water. The clear quality of the water made the swim refreshing and lovely. Beautiful sights!

Visited August 2014

39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Charged for everything”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I missed out on a lot of opportunity to visit a waterfall so I willingly went on this one. It's a short walk, about 15 mins, from the parking (which they charge you 100 pesos). There's a minimal entrance fee of 10 pesos. When you get there, so you'll lots of tables - dont get one if you're not going to eat, it comes with a fee. Leave your things inside your car. We agreed on renting a balsa (raft) to take us to the falls. It was a grear experience, the guide took pictures and videos of us while looking silly underneath the falls. We were told afterwards though that the payment was separate for the raft and the guide, which costs the same, doubling the amount we initially agreed on. If you're in the area, I'd still recommend visiting; just dont deal with guides.

Ghent, Belgium
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beware of the guides!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

We were staying at Panagsama Beach, so we rented a scooter to go the the Kawasan Falls. We had to pay a parking fee, so maybe you can avoid this by parking elsewhere. We also had to pay a small entrance fee. We were then introduced to our guide. I really didn't feel the need to have a guide, so I asked them "Do we NEED a guide?". They said that we did need one, so I imagined that you cannot reach the falls without a guide.
Well, I was so wrong. The path to the falls is the simplest. If having the guide wasn't bad enough, he was walking really fast as well - we could almost not enjoy the scenery (which was nice). At one point we just decided to walk at our tempo and let the guide wait. He was kind enough to take pictures of us though and give a little bit of information on the falls.
When we arrived at the falls, our guide claimed he could get us tables 'at a good price'. As we were on a low budget, we answered we didn't want any accommodation and just wanted to swim. He then got kind of irritated and asked for his fee. We did not want to give it to him - as we didn't want a guide in the first place. He got very mad, luckily the owner of our resort was there as well and she helped us out. He watched us the whole time while we were swimming to the falls.

The falls were not that special, but it was nice to swim in some fresh water after some weeks of salt water. We saw a man jumping from the falls, but since I wore a bikini that seemed not the best idea.

It's a nice trip, just don't let the guides trick you, cause they could ruin a your day!

Visited July 2014
2 Thank AntheaMG
brunei
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Falls great but paying to sit at a table???”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Loved the falls and the photos with my boys but my husband seriously disliked getting fleeced of pesos left right and centre, a guide 200 pesos, a table (!!??) 300 pesos going on the raft 300 peso's, tipping the guy who took the photo's (admittedly really great) 50 peso's ... while me and the kids had a fantastic time in the falls my husband sat fuming about what he had to fork out. Everyone I know who went felt the same. It should be set up with a straight up entry fee which covers it all. I understand that the falls as an attraction are economically supporting that community but I had a very frustrated and annoyed husband at the end of it.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank flickbrunei
Cardiff, United Kingdom
295 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 123 helpful votes
“Great falls”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Kawasan Falls is hard to get to but it's well worth the effort. The falls are amazing and the water is a bright blue colour.