Trip Advisor was spot on - it is the best resort in Moalboal.
Pros: Beautiful garden, intimate as small number of rooms so you get to know other guests, yummy food and mango cocktails, very friendly staff, charming new young Dutch managers, the style is not too fancy but a tasteful 'natural' look, Dino the dive manager is fantastic - best dive service we had in Philippines, house reef has fantastic snorkelling
Cons: the resort is small and there is not a lot of dive staff so be organised in booking ahead. Also wifi is bad but they were working on fixing it and all of Philippines was shocking to be fair
We had booked 3 nights at Blue Orchid and then 2 at Serena. Really regretted moving as Blue Orchid is miles superior.
Also didn't regret not being in Pagasama beach as we thought it was a little too full on and very messy
Moalboal was our favourite out of Dumaguete and Panglao
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our beautiful, private, seaside resort accommodation is tucked away in a secluded corner of Mac Payong, just 30 meters from the 2km White Beach. Just a short drive away from Moalboal and Panagsama, it offers a quiet, idyllic setting for your holiday. The location couldn't get any better for diving as one of the best reefs in the area is directly in front of your ocean view room. The reef is perfect for beginner divers, and also for snorkelers. However the step walls make an exhilarating dive for seasoned advanced divers. The resort's architecture is a blend of Mediterranean and native styles incorporating local stone and thatched roof with white arches and Spanish tiles. Each room has either a large arched doorway or huge glass sliding doors to provide guests with amazing ocean views. Fall asleep after a hard day's dive to the sound of gentle waves and the wind gently blowing through the yucca trees. Office hours: 8am to 8pm Email to arrange airport pickup with a minimum of 24 hour notice. Check -ins are to be arranged in advance if past or before normal office hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Evoline ltd, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Blue Orchid Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Blue Orchid Hotel Moalboal
- The Blue Orchid Resort Moalboal, Philippines - Cebu Island