I booked this resort based on trip advisor reviews and was very very happy I did. Awesome staff. The new manager Melissa was always very helpful. Went to the nearby dive village Panangsama to eat. A few good places and easy to get to by tricycle but quite honestly the resort food was probably the best. The White beach was very interesting I could walk to it from my room. It only took 120 seconds!!! This surprised me as one of the reviews said there was no beach??? Bizarre!!!! Anyway I asked the owner about this and he said that the beach is tidal but that the sand is never more than 5 minutes from the resort. My room had a great sea view and big glass windows overlooking the ocean. The rooms were clean nice firm mattress. The water pressure was excellent not like many of the other places I have stayed in Asia...and HOT water!!!! Which was nice after the diving. The diving was great but I was apparently lucky as I was there at the end of the low season. I heard that the visibility gets better from January onwards but I certainly couldn't complain. Highlights were the sardine dive, the pescador dive and the marine sanctuary dive however also really enjoyed all the turtles at Tonga ( I think thats how it was spelt!). I didn't have time to do the whale shark trip but other customers were raving about it so I might even go back to this resort. Will always base my holidays on trip advisor from now on.This resort is tranquil yet close enough to the dive village if you want bars and restaurants. Personally I had enough of that scene in Thailand..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our beautiful, private, seaside resort accommodation is tucked away in a secluded corner of Mac Payong, just 30 meters from the 2km White Beach. Just a short drive away from Moalboal and Panagsama, it offers a quiet, idyllic setting for your holiday. The location couldn't get any better for diving as one of the best reefs in the area is directly in front of your ocean view room. The reef is perfect for beginner divers, and also for snorkelers. However the step walls make an exhilarating dive for seasoned advanced divers. The resort's architecture is a blend of Mediterranean and native styles incorporating local stone and thatched roof with white arches and Spanish tiles. Each room has either a large arched doorway or huge glass sliding doors to provide guests with amazing ocean views. Fall asleep after a hard day's dive to the sound of gentle waves and the wind gently blowing through the yucca trees. Office hours: 8am to 8pm Email to arrange airport pickup with a minimum of 24 hour notice. Check -ins are to be arranged in advance if past or before normal office hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Evoline ltd, Booking.com, Atrapalo, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Odigeo so you can book your The Blue Orchid Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Blue Orchid Hotel Moalboal
- The Blue Orchid Resort Moalboal, Philippines - Cebu Island