Before I write this review let me give a quick bit of background on White Beach/Moalboal. This place is off the beaten track, a place for adventurous travellers, not people used to 5* in the Caribbean. It's important to remember that when reading other reviews of all the hotels in the area.
This hotel is a small, friendly family place run by Daniel and his wife Lisa. All the staff are extremely welcoming and you are almost made to feel part of the family. If you don't like that type of thing then stay at one of the bigger 'resorts'.
- nice traditional cottages which are clean and well kept. You have a little balcony and a view of the ocean. Good shower with hot water. I considered it good value for money.
- good food and they try to provide enough variety including local fresh tuna when available which they cook over the BBQ (recommended!). Breakfast is nice - omelette and banana pancakes were delicious
- the management are very relaxed and can help with tricycles/taxis/trips to oslob.
- the diving is in small groups which I really like, not like some of the bigger boats we saw out on the water.
-lots of people were diving or swimming on the house reef out front which was good
- sheets and towels were changed when I requested - they don't seem to do it automatically if you are there for 3/4days, but frankly I prefer that - it is just a waste of time and energy when I wouldn't change my own sheets everyday
- I had a very good pedicure by a local lady Lisa uses -70PHP! She came to the hotel which was great
- free filtered water at all times. I saw another review that said this is an issue if you are late home and all the staff have gone to bed - just help yourself to a glass from the kitchen!
- Daniels style of diving is very relaxed - if you are not comfortable/still a relative beginner then let him know beforehand
- If you want luxury and 5* service then don't stay here - the charm of this place is in its character and welcome.
- if you want to be in the centre of the action then stay in Panagsama - we took a tricycle one night for dinner (ate in Maya's Mexican - awesome) but its a good 20-25 minutes, which you don't want to be doing every night
- the reception is to manned 24hrs so if you are arriving after 9pm I would advise you to let them know so they can wait for you. The staff are local people with families who work long hours so of course they go home when everyone has gone to bed.
If I ever return to Moalboal then I will definitely stay with Daniel and Lisa again and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to like-minded laid back travellers. Thank you for a very peaceful and enjoyable few days!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a small dive-resort plus restaurant at the sea front, next to White Beach. Amazing for diving & snorkeling. Kayaks are for free. Just relax, swim, dive, snorkel and enjoy your stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Asian-Belgian Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asian-Belgian Dive Hotel Moalboal
- Asian-Belgian Dive Resort Moalboal, Philippines - Cebu Island