“Good for food”

Asian-Belgian Dive Resort
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Didn't stay here but walked over for food in the afternoon. A little pricey but you get to enjoy a good view with your meal as the resort has a staircase where you can pretty much walk down into the ocean. The water is crystal blue and so very inviting. Owners are very friendly as well :)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
jade q, Front Office Manager at Asian-Belgian Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2014

Thanks for your visit and feedback,on the food look forward to some more upgrades next time you visit.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

We went there on the last days of December. The staffs were very nice and friendly. The resort has a really good spot for snorkeling, plus the rental fee for the mask and jackets were cheap. The food were sumptuous, the rent was also cheap. Next time, ill try scuba diving, and i know what resort to choose. Keep up the good work!^^

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Great to have you with us once again, I glad you enjoyed
Thanks for your visit and feedback, look forward to some more upgrades next time you visit.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I was staying somewhere nearby and out resort recommended The Asian Belgian for diving. I was cautious as I have not scuba dived in over 16 years. Rolan who runs the resort along with his wife took me on a long and excellent refresher dive. I saw many things on that, including a sea turtle. The next day I went on a general dive with other. He made sure that a dive master was will me at all times to be sure that I was safe. The diving was great there and I felt very well looked after. I might bring my daughter there to get certifies when she gets out of school.
Teh resort has a beautiful ocean view where food is served. I will probably stay there next time.

Room Tip: I visited there for diving
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
jade q, Front Office Manager at Asian-Belgian Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2014

Thanks for your visit and feedback, great review look forward to some more upgrades next time you visit.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

I came at the Asian Belgian Dive Resort in December 2014 with a friend and not only Roland and his wife have been extremely friendly and helpful, but Roland brought us to some very nice dives. The resort is simple but very quiet and well maintained, and the food is pretty good. So we stayed the whole 3 days between eating, resting and diving without leaving the place, and it was awesome.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I spent 6 wonderful nights with Asian Belgian and I have to say that I enjoyed every single minute of it. I am a passionate diver (yet consider myself rather junior) and I really appreciated the personal approach I received from Roland, the Divemaster. Therefore all the 11 dives I made were absolutely fantastic. Both the room and public areas are clean and very well taken care of. It's obvious that Monique has everything under control. :-) Food is tasty and fresh (oh Gosh, I still dream of the Mango jam!!!) and the beer is cold, just the way it should be. :-) I recommend Asian Belgian Resort to everyone who want more than just a holiday.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 5 December 2013

We stayed here for 3 days and just can't get enough of the place and the people who run it! It was a last-minute decision to head to Moalboal since we were originally slated for Bantayan. In a way, it was a blessing in disguise because we met such wonderful people from Asian Belgian Resort and Moalboal and had a great time exploring its underwater wonders.

Monique, who handles bookings and operations, was very warm and efficient from the time we emailed to our last day. Booking online was a breeze. She even picked us up at the bus stop for free with a very special bonus - Jackie the rottweiler! That ride with Jackie on the back of the multicab from the main road to the resort was unforgettable! We had so much fun and we weren't even at the resort yet!

We stayed at the nipa hut which is how I think beach huts should look like. Very basic yet warm and inviting. We had no problems with the aircon or hot water. Oh, we had a friendly neighbor who sometimes woke us up in the middle of the night -- a gecko! Apparently, these creatures are abundant in Moalboal. We even bought a wooden gecko magnet to remember it by. Haha!

The restaurant was great. We LOVED the Belgian pancakes and Mango jam. Their cook was very nice and accommodating and would ask for orders in advance so she can prepare them just the way you like it. The Cebuana staff were all friendly and warm. We loved chatting with them, my mom especially who bonded with two girls over stories. This was a place where everyone, from Monique and her husband Roland to the staff, made you feel like you're family. Jackie was also a great addition to the "family." She's one of the friendliest dogs I've met.

The place has no "beach" in terms of a white sand shore but the corals in the house reef more than made up for the lack of a shoreline. Besides, Moalboal's sand is not that powdery so it really wasn't a big loss. You go to Moalboal to see its wonders underwater. Another huge bonus was that they let you use their 2 kayaks for FREE! My boyfriend and I had a blast kayaking out to the drop and snorkeled like there's no tomorrow. Lots of colorful fish and corals! Another couple who were also kayaking even spotted sea turtles!

Roland, the dive master, was very friendly and helpful. On our first day, he accompanied me and another guest from China to guide us while we snorkel. It felt like snorkeling with a teacher who would point out all the wonderful things you can see underwater. He has convinced me to try diving next time we're there.

In terms of location, I can say it was perfectly situated at the edge of White Beach. You're away from the crowds and have your own private quiet spot for snorkeling. If you wanna explore other parts of Moalboal and check out the restaurants in Panagsama, they will arrange a tricycle to pick you up. We had a sidetrip to Oslob to swim with whalesharks and they arranged our 5:30am pick-up and gave us helpful instructions for the commute.

Overall, we would definitely stay here again! We had a hard time leaving. Our 3 days here were pure bliss and we already miss the people from Asian Belgian!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
jade q, Front Office Manager at Asian-Belgian Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2015

We glad you enjoyed your self ..Thanks for your visit and feedback, great review.. we loved your PADI Dive Courses and diving with us and please share your photos here safe travels

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I dived Moalboal 35 years ago and whilst Pescadoris a shadow of its' former self I have just enjoyed a week of great dives along the coast with too many obliging and photogenic Turtles to count together with the famous schooling Sardine Balls!! There is lots to see and depths to suit any comfort or skill level

The resort was a last minute booking as I was intending to dive Malapascua and the Typhoon intervened. I couldn't have asked for better. Everything a person could wish for in terms of hospitality, deliciously cooked food, peace and quiet. A resort to suit everyone with people who are concerned and sensitive to your needs

In short ..... they take good care of everyone!!
Thank you!!

Take the time to do a side trip to Oslob to swim with the Whale Sharks!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family