Savedra Beach Resort
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
US$17
  • Beachfront
Sun Xi Mountain Retreat(Cebu Island)(Great Value!)
US$52
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsmini barhot waterocean views are greatdive shoplow wallfree waternice breezea lot of noisesound of the wavespescador islandwould stay againsardine rundiving tripsardinesroom was cleanbeach resortfacing the sea
Reviewed 21 October 2013

A plain and simple room, with the bare essentials,
but for the price???
I'd come back!!!
A few moments walk to the ocean, opposite a choice of quality eating facilities but far enough from the bars not to be disturbed.
During my stay in room 3 (twin beds), the power failed, but the management quickly had the electricians brought in, on a Sunday too, and the power brought back on line.
Down sides;
The air conditioning unit is a bit noisy
The tiny tablets of soap are a poor excuse
The cleaning staff forget to top up the sugar for the complementary coffee
The sheets are worn, really worn, and should be replaced.
However, this is budget accommodation and as I said earlier, I'd be happy to return

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 October 2013

This was my second trip back to Moalboal to dive and when seeking to return to my previous hotel Cabana Beach, I was informed they were full so instead was booked here by Sevedra Dive Shop. Yes the room is basic but for a solo diving trip it was not a problem. Great view as your outside deck is right on the ocean, enough hot water to warm up and to rinse off after diving and a bed that was comfortable. The mini bar was well stocked and prices reasonable with the room being cleaned daily. So what's to complain...
Ok some small issues... after reading reviews here about room 6 having a lack of privacy and somewhat noisy due to security and the maids hanging out right beside the room, I specifically requested any room but 6. Well keeping my sense of humor you probably guess what room was waiting for me upon a midnight checkin... yes that's right Room 6. Yes everything that a previous reviewer stated was spot on, but I chose to stay and tolerate nightly conversations and occasional smoke and drink leavings on my balcony.
Overall, I would certainly stay here again and firmly request room 7 or 8. The location is directly across from the dive shop and perfectly located as you are in easy access to all the eateries. Overall for the price I was more than pleased with my stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Right by the ocean. It was ok. A little pricey for the value, to be honest (NO TV and a VERY PLAIN ROOM). The glass windows were filthy. But the room was clean. They didn't offer any bathroom supplies. The hot water maker didn't work. No free breakfast but they did have a fridge where you can buy snacks and drinks. Again, No TV.

The best part was the diving. The staff were polite albeit the older lady at the desk had a snobby attitude. I'd recommend this place.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I'm a dive instructor and i brought 19 of my guests with me here. We checked in Sept 13, 2013 and left 15th. Service was great. When we checked in, rooms were ready and they even printed our names on bond paper and stuck it in our door so we know exactly which room we are supposed to go. Our mini bars were replenished and the prices were very competitive. All rooms had a balcony that faced the beach. Comfort rooms were clean despite their low price. Prior to leaving, the manager Lee personally thanked me, hoped that i would come back and even bought me beer. Will definitely come back here!

Room Tip: they have 9 rooms for 2 pax and one family room good for 6 pax.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Stop ur wining u pay 35 dollars and ur right on the water ,Great spot excellent location ,friendly staff.eat at lantaw restaurant excellent food best rhum an coke.the rooms a bit ran down but ur in the PH enjoy would stay again ...ps cheapest mini bar in the world

Room Tip: Book ahead
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo