“Pleasant surroundings”

Mayas Native Garden
Ranked #7 of 25 Moalboal B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Each room is a bungalow raised on stilts. Clean, modern with a fan and air conditioning. Warm but no hot shower. There's a room safe, however no instructions are written and the staff said they would show me how to use it but didn't. A lovely garden surrounds the bungalows and the pleasant staff make it welcoming. My only dissapointment was that there's no place to hang your clothes. There's a large cupboard, but no bar / rail with hangers for your shirts. With the large size of the cupboard, it wouldn't have been hard to include one. Wifi was fine in the restaurant, but poor in the room. I'd stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 February 2014

We stayed at a resort near Maya's, but ended up eating at the restaurant twice. It was amazing. The staff were so nice and pleasant, and the food was amazing. The menu was huge. We tried the Mexican inspired food, which was really good. They even made fresh nachos. The cabins looked cute and quiet. I would consider staying there if we are back in Moalboal. Regardless of where you stay, make time to check out this restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

Nice and clean, quite and affordable place! The food is good, as well is its location when it comes to the other spots around. Enough options aroud fir diving (Nelson!) and swimming/snorkling or motorbike rentals. Furthermore.. The people working at Maya's are doing a great job.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Daesch
Reviewed 3 February 2014

A lovely bungalow, quite new in build. Comfy bed, but could do with wraparound fitted bed sheet, rather than sheet that comes away in the middle of the night, but this is a small thing. Door opened to a private verandah, which faced the garden - it was very chilled, in the evening we watched a film on our ipad whilst kicking back. The resort was manned by friendly staff who were nicely laid back. Food was tasty enough, but not a destination in itself. You might want some earplugs as in the morning - there is much noise: kids playing, workers working, guests doing whatever guests do. At the price, 850 pesos, you get a great deal - nice place, solid bungalow, friendly people. All good.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Stayed for 3N/2D.three of us took 1 fan room & the another girl w/ her BF took 1 AC room next to us.
Staff was super friendly & accomodating.We had bought food for lunch from outside & we were apprehensive they would charge us.But since we were guests,it was fine & they even let us eat at their restaurant & borrow some utensils.They also have a water dispenser where we(guests) could just refill our bottles anytime.As for their food,kinda expensive if one is on a budget but portions are big & 95% of the time,yummy.I was also wondering they don't have much seafood choices when they are near the sea.One thing though,the staff gets overwhelmed at night when the restaurant gets packed.Orders take time to be delivered.I would NOT suggest their pancakes in the morning too.
Our fan cottage was roomy & well maintained.Comfort room was clean & spacious.Working toilet & shower which is a big plus.Bed was big but TOO THIN SHEETS & PILLOWS.our trek to Kawasan falls didn't hurt us.It was the thin pillows that hurt our backs.hahaha...
The place has this relaxed & homey atmosphere.You can really unwind here.BUT there is no pool with in Maya's if you're looking for that.

Cons:
-too thin sheets & pillows.
-dim lighting inside our fan cottage.You could use a bigger bulb or something.
-safe box didn't didn't work (or we simply didn't know how :) )
-our fan had a defective remote
-walkways are kinda dark at night.need more torches.
-no pool.

other than that,me & my friends love Mayas Native Garden.

Room Tip: Bed sheets/blankets & pillows are too thin.Either bring your own or ask for more though I don...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 October 2013

After a Long Unexpected Journey from Cebu finally We reached Panagsama Beach Moal Boal. This is just my review and we have different opinion and standards, but one thing that took my attention is the Place. Some review are indeed right ( Moal Boal's Beauty is Under the Sea ) The town itself is just a simple open Village similar to those Humble Village here in Manila no Vacation Like or Resort Ambiance until you reach "MAYAS GARDEN" they are the only Garden Resort i must say and I am thankful i booked with them. BUT it doesn't mean they have no flaws.

Good Experience:
1.) The attendant Lita is very Helpful and Friendly ( Keep Her, she is a Gem ) My vacation was ruined with the unexpected Journey to Moal Boal and Lita welcoming Me with the drinks, suggestion on what to do, her Smile and warm welcome Helped a lot.
2.) The Burrito is a Must Try.
3.) Clean Toilet, Clean Room, Nice Veranda, Nice Cottage. Nice Garden

Bad Experience:
1.) I know the Rules Low Season and High Season, but I think If you have only Me as a Guest i think as a consideration No Need to Collect Peak Season surcharge because there are hardly any guest.
2.) The AC in the 3 aircon cottage needs Maintenance. I am not saying you need to buy a new one but there is something wrong with the AC. A good Maintenance will solve the issue.
3.) Only Ms Lita is friendly all the other Girls are Snob, They don't even care that they have a Guest.
4.) With the Room Rate I think a simple Breakfast should be Included even Continental Bfast.

5.) When I went to Palawan the Resort Owner of Villa Saturnina set all the expectation, answered all my inquiry, and gave me accurate info which helped me to have a Nice vacation. He even helped me Plan my Itinerary to Maximize every Minutes. Here at Maya's the owner is the Opposite.

FACTS: Moal Boal is not 1.5 HRS away from Cebu. Even I drive my own Car it is IMPOSSIBLE unless Manila SKYWAY is in Cebu. 1HR drive with No Traffic might get you to CarCar given that all the Trikes is on their Own lane and all the small Bus will know how to follow their lanes. I took the Bus in Cebu at 130PM ( The Bus is not Every Hour it depends on the Frequency of Passengers ) and Got into Moal Boal at almost 5PM. I even told the owner prior to this Trip what My Plan is, he should know better as He is the Man from Moal Boal, he could at least tell me what Can be Done, Yes It is not his Obligation but a little extra can make a Big Difference.

Room Tip: All the Rooms and Cottage is Nice But Definitely the BIG ones are the Best.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank BrawnJoeBlack
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We are group who came at oct-7-13 at Mayas we eat a lot food some are mexican food. It was great delicious food. The staff was great and amazing specialy (Rose and Arnie). We love to stayed at Mayas. Everyday going to eat .
When i cam back with my G.F i stay in mayas. very Good!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank leedonghwa
peterjelsted, Manager at Mayas Native Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thanks for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and the food in Mayas Native Garden. Like you say Mayas is also great for groups as it is for couples, single travelers. In any case Mayas staff will welcome you all.