“Great place to dive with friendly, helpful people!”

Savedra Dive Center
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Savedra Dive Center, winner of the CGP Best Nature Experience 2012 award, is in the center of Panagsama beach.Just a few meters from the shoreline and our house reef and minutes away by boat to the best dive sites in the area.Savedra is Moalboals only PADI 5 star Instructor Development center and PADI Tec Rec training center.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place to dive with friendly, helpful people!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I used Savedra to do my open water coarse, so naturally I was nervous about the whole breathing underwater thing! Luckily I had a great instructor Marc, who helped me ease through any of my worries in a clam way which helped me breeze through the whole thing! Not only was he good on the water, he was good out of it too. He was a good teacher in the classroom and it was just like talking to a mate! The other people who I spoke to who work there were super friendly and would help you with anything you needed help with! All in all, a very pleasurable experience!

Visited February 2014
Lee B, Manager at Savedra Dive Center, responded to this review, 19 October 2014
Hi Plants,

thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, Marc does have a very laid back style of teaching that makes it very easy to take it all in, glad you enjoyed yourself.

Hope to see you again,

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Professional people with fantastic diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Exchanged some emails with Abeth before I got there. Very helpful and accommodating. Gave me discounts on lodging and diving. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Had the best dives in the morning, usually I was the only diver with the DM as my buddy. Very efficient and clean facilities. Had a fun night when there was a celebration, Thanks to Fil and Natsumi. Overall a very enjoyable experience with Savedra Dive Center.

Visited June 2014
Hi Kunginsub,

Thanks for taking some time to leave us a review, Phil and Natsumi send you their regards.

Papaikou, Hawaii
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Victim of their own success?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I dove with these guys a number of years ago and now something is missing. From checking in to checking out you're treated like a cog in their economic wheel. The exception is their dive masters that do a solid job on the water.

Lee B, General Manager at Savedra Dive Center, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Hi Onomea,

We do our very best to provide a friendly and personal service, all divers are assigned an instructor or dive guide to take care of them throughout their stay, the front desk staff are always on hand to help with any concerns and either myself or our dive supervisor are onsite every day to resolve any problems. Every evening there is a social event outside the dive center for all staff and customers.

You did not provide any specifics in your feedback so I can only apologise that you felt left out, it is unfortunate that you did not approach myself or one of my staff with your concerns during your stay, I can promise you we would have done our best to take care of whatever it was that was bothering you.

For the benefit of you and all reading this, please do reach out to us if you have any problems during your stay, you will find us very open and receptive to your feedback. My door is always open and we are always looking for ways to improve our service.

safe and happy travels,
Daegu, South Korea
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent service, Excellent People”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

There is nothing bad that I can say about Savedra. My trip started out with a series of emails to Abeth. She was amazing! She answered all of my questions and was patient with me as I was decided all the details.

I decided to go with the airport pick up (as my flight arrived extremely early in the morning). The driver was courteous and made my first leg of my trip great. I knew it was going to be higher than the cost of a taxi or the bus but I also knew I would arrive safely without complications.

Once arriving at Savedra, my bags were taken in to my room and I was able to finally get some sleep. The next morning, I went to the dive center and met Herman. He was able to give me information about what dives I should look at for my advance open water diving course. I then met my instructor, Martin, and we set a time to meet the next day. The next day, Martin and I sat down and worked through the paperwork, assigned dive gear and finalized which dives that I wanted to do to get my AOWD certificate.

The next few days were great! I learned and practiced (and hopefully) retained the information that I was given. Martin was patient and attentive. I couldn't have asked for a better instructor. He, and his spouse, were able to point out several different interesting sea life while diving during the day and at night.

I chose to stay in the budget room. It was perfect. I had been trying to decide whether to try a hostel or a backpackers accommodations but the room fit my budget exactly. It didn't come with hot water but that was part of the budget package. One doesn't exactly need hot water in the Philippines. Plusm the water always felt fine.

I would definitely go back and do other certificates with Savedra. I met several people from different countries. It literally was like a family and I enjoyed talking to each and every one of them. I hope to meet with them again the next time I go!

Thank you Savedra for all your hard work! I look forward to staying with you again!

Visited June 2014
Lee B, General Manager at Savedra Dive Center, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Hi Amy,

Great to hear you enjoyed your time with us and thank you very much for your feedback, we look forward to seeing you next time.

regards,
Singapore, Singapore
“My fourth trip and its getting better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Good location, a well equipped diveshop that also arrange everything for you !!! Definitely worth every cent !!

Its my fourth trip and they are always upgrading their facility waiting for you. Simply awesome !!!

Hi Brendan,

thanks for your visit and feedback, look forward to some more upgrades next time you visit.

safe travels,