“Excellent Instructor!!”

Savedra Dive Center
Ranked #2 of 22 Tours in Moalboal
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Savedra Dive Center, winner of the CGP Best Nature Experience 2012 award, is in the center of Panagsama beach.Just a few meters from the shoreline and our house reef and minutes away by boat to the best dive sites in the area.Savedra is Moalboals only PADI 5 star Instructor Development center and PADI Tec Rec training center.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Savedra’s Marc Hoffman taught us to dive in Feb 2014 (sorry for late review) and he comes with a million platinum stars from me!

Marc's outlook was that he would pass us as soon as we were competent and confident divers, no matter how long it took, which is awesome as I know many people who have been rushed through PADI not feeling comfortable to go back in the water without a refresher even! I was super nervous( especially after the initial PADI lessons that explain all the ways you can die underwater) and there were times when I really thought I would throw in the snorkel however with Marc’s calm instruction and patients I got there in the end! Marc always made sure that he was available for debrief and informal questions after our lessons and was very approachable no matter how silly we thought the question may be!

All of the other staff at Savedra were very warm, welcoming and friendly and really fun to have a beer with after we completed the course!

One little thing I would say that Savedra could probably go in for ordering a few more sizes for equipment (especially for peeps with tiny feet) and definitely could do with some new masks! (this took 1 star off my rating to make it very good) But there was equipment aplenty and everything worked so I shouldn't really complain!

Passing my PADI was one of the most exhilarating experiences of my life, and I have since undertaken 7 dives, including a night dive (bet Marc can’t believe it!) none of which would have been possible without the super experience and expertise of the Hoffdog!

So, go dive Sevedra and ask for Marc Hoffman, for your final dive he might even organise a boat trip beach bbq and beer session, mint!!

Lee B, Manager at Savedra Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2014

Hi Fifi,

Thanks for your feedback, Marc send his regards, he was not surprised about the night dive and could tell he had created an addict, well done to you.

Equipment coming in and out of service is a daily activity in a busy dive center, I apologize we did not have your exact size booties and mask, had I known I would have had some delivered the next day. I spoke to the guys about communicating these problems and it should not happen again.

Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I used Savedra to do my open water coarse, so naturally I was nervous about the whole breathing underwater thing! Luckily I had a great instructor Marc, who helped me ease through any of my worries in a clam way which helped me breeze through the whole thing! Not only was he good on the water, he was good out of it too. He was a good teacher in the classroom and it was just like talking to a mate! The other people who I spoke to who work there were super friendly and would help you with anything you needed help with! All in all, a very pleasurable experience!

Hi Plants,

thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, Marc does have a very laid back style of teaching that makes it very easy to take it all in, glad you enjoyed yourself.

Hope to see you again,

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Exchanged some emails with Abeth before I got there. Very helpful and accommodating. Gave me discounts on lodging and diving. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Had the best dives in the morning, usually I was the only diver with the DM as my buddy. Very efficient and clean facilities. Had a fun night when there was a celebration, Thanks to Fil and Natsumi. Overall a very enjoyable experience with Savedra Dive Center.

Hi Kunginsub,

Thanks for taking some time to leave us a review, Phil and Natsumi send you their regards.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I dove with these guys a number of years ago and now something is missing. From checking in to checking out you're treated like a cog in their economic wheel. The exception is their dive masters that do a solid job on the water.

Lee B, General Manager at Savedra Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Hi Onomea,

We do our very best to provide a friendly and personal service, all divers are assigned an instructor or dive guide to take care of them throughout their stay, the front desk staff are always on hand to help with any concerns and either myself or our dive supervisor are onsite every day to resolve any problems. Every evening there is a social event outside the dive center for all staff and customers.

You did not provide any specifics in your feedback so I can only apologise that you felt left out, it is unfortunate that you did not approach myself or one of my staff with your concerns during your stay, I can promise you we would have done our best to take care of whatever it was that was bothering you.

For the benefit of you and all reading this, please do reach out to us if you have any problems during your stay, you will find us very open and receptive to your feedback. My door is always open and we are always looking for ways to improve our service.

safe and happy travels,

Reviewed 6 June 2014

There is nothing bad that I can say about Savedra. My trip started out with a series of emails to Abeth. She was amazing! She answered all of my questions and was patient with me as I was decided all the details.

I decided to go with the airport pick up (as my flight arrived extremely early in the morning). The driver was courteous and made my first leg of my trip great. I knew it was going to be higher than the cost of a taxi or the bus but I also knew I would arrive safely without complications.

Once arriving at Savedra, my bags were taken in to my room and I was able to finally get some sleep. The next morning, I went to the dive center and met Herman. He was able to give me information about what dives I should look at for my advance open water diving course. I then met my instructor, Martin, and we set a time to meet the next day. The next day, Martin and I sat down and worked through the paperwork, assigned dive gear and finalized which dives that I wanted to do to get my AOWD certificate.

The next few days were great! I learned and practiced (and hopefully) retained the information that I was given. Martin was patient and attentive. I couldn't have asked for a better instructor. He, and his spouse, were able to point out several different interesting sea life while diving during the day and at night.

I chose to stay in the budget room. It was perfect. I had been trying to decide whether to try a hostel or a backpackers accommodations but the room fit my budget exactly. It didn't come with hot water but that was part of the budget package. One doesn't exactly need hot water in the Philippines. Plusm the water always felt fine.

I would definitely go back and do other certificates with Savedra. I met several people from different countries. It literally was like a family and I enjoyed talking to each and every one of them. I hope to meet with them again the next time I go!

Thank you Savedra for all your hard work! I look forward to staying with you again!

Lee B, General Manager at Savedra Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Hi Amy,

Great to hear you enjoyed your time with us and thank you very much for your feedback, we look forward to seeing you next time.

regards,