All reviews the owner nice german white beach waters edge quiet place restaurant area island hopping sardines moalboal town stayed here for nights mango motorcycle resort philippines dvds panagsama tricycle
Reviewed 20 June 2013

This is the perfect place for a vacation from your vacation. You are completely removed from the tourist track, awakened only by the neighboring roosters. The location is stunningly beautiful. The pool is perfect. Our sons loved diving off the rocks into the deep end. Perhaps The most glorious thing was that our sons who usually fight like cats and dogs managed to share a room and a double bed without incident. The rooms are spacious Nicklaus, his wife and her family run the resort with loving care. Just visit another resort to see the difference. The food is very good and the prices, though not cheep, were in line with the other resorts and not expensive either. We tried the street food in Moalboal one night and we're really disappointed. (Save your street food adventures for Thailand. )

We dove with the Asian Belgian divers while we were there (nice dives but we could have used a refresher before entering the water - there's no nannying here so be sure to know your stuff) and also visited the whale sharks on a tour with Asian Belgian as well. The whale sharks were well worth the trip. What amazing creatures. The fisherman are paid to take tourists instead of killing the whale sharks. A pragmatic, if not a perfect solution.

Finally, Crissy the monkey. Well first she's a real live Macau monkey living at the resort. Saved from becoming a farmer's dinner by the soft spoken Nicolaus. However, monkey lovers be warned, winning her affection is challenging at best, especially if you are female. We stayed 5 nights and it wasn't until the morning that we checked out that Crissy finally accepted me. The first day I brought her a plate of fries - her favorite. (No worries she peels the outside and only eats the inside that is free of grease and salt.) She sat on my lap to eat them, but then got agitated, jumped on my shoulder and began pulling at my hair and chewing at my head. A little unnerving, but okay until she moved to my arm where her chewing scratched the surface of my skin. In her defense, the cats and dogs had started a row and she got agitated. Each morning after that I brought her a mango (she prefers them to bananas). I also began feeding her from the gazebo where it is easier to make a quick exit if necessary. I also learned that she is calmer if you pretend to groom yourself. By my last morning, she not only let me groom her for a good 20 minutes, she also let my younger son approach and groom her too. When I went to leave, she scamper onto the path and rolled over on her back, exposing her belly for more grooming. All told, I spent about an hour with her that final morning. On the occasions she groomed me it was completely gentle. However, getting to this point took a lot of time and effort on my part. In my opinion, totally worth it, but I am a primate junkie. Have been since I watched Jane Goodall specials as a kid.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank travelingonward
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I stayed in Moalboal beach resort with my friend for six days. Service in total was excellent and the staff was really nice. It is possible to just relax at the pool or walk/ rent a scooter/ get a tricycle and go to White beach. You can also rent kayaks from the resort.
They take good care of their guests. Food was really nice.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are in good shape. (I got to see a few different).
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Sannaems
Reviewed 3 May 2013

We stayed already 3 times in Moalboal Beach Resort and we liked it a lot.
Every time I bring different (mountain biking) friends there, and everybody loves it. Nice rooms perfect swimming pool and good food. Highly recommended for those who want to relax after a hard day on the bike

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank bugoybikers
Reviewed 3 May 2013

In our quest to give ourselves a summer vacation experience this year 2013, we decided to treat ourselves to Moalboal. Moalboal Beach-Resort is beautiful. It is located at Barangay Saadvedra, Moalboal, Cebu. The name suggests it is a house of good energy. Our experience, indeed, gave the house a lot of good energy! I simply love it! I honestly do.

The place gives a homey feel that you can't help but immediately feel comfortable and relaxed as soon as you enter the door. The rooms are cozy, huge, and very nice. The comfort room was one of the first few rooms I took a peek at and it passed with flying colors..hehhe

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ency M
Reviewed 3 May 2013

When travelling around the Philippines we came across this hotel as recommended. The owner Nicholas proved to be our new best friend on the islands. He helped us plan our next two weeks, nothing was to much trouble. Friendly staff and would be happy to return.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple