All reviewsthe ownernice germanwhite beachwaters edgequiet placerestaurant areaisland hoppingsardinesmoalboal townstayed here for nightsmangomotorcycleresortphilippinesdvdspanagsamatricycle
Reviewed 10 February 2014

being here is like being in paradise from the room to the help to the wonderful music in the sweet bar area....moalboal is the perfect place to relax..and find adventure here in the philippines...been round the world and have fun places to stay but staying here has put a natural smile on my face...had so much fun swimming with the shark whales...ooooo i mean whale sharks sounds more scary when called shark whales though..swam with sea turtles and the tropical fish here...soooo colorful...and then seeing the sardines off the beach wow sooo many of them and you get soo close..if your looking for a little adventure and a place to relax MBR moalboal beach resort is the place danke everybody there for making my time there sooo faboulous..love you all...

Room Tip: love the view from their second floor all glass wall looking towards beach wow and ola la
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank iamsolon
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I did my research before staying here so I knew it was a few kilometres outside the town of moalboal. This for me was a good location because I was close enough to "white sands beach" which is excellent for snorkeling and just a few mins spin on the bike to panagsama or moalboal town. The place has a really chilled and relaxed atmosphere with really friendly and helpful staff. Nik the owner was very helpful and played his part in making my first scuba dive a special experience . The pool is clean and gardens are well kept also there are motorbikes,scooters,push bikes and kiyaks for rent at the resort . I would definitely stay here again on my visits to cebu.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Cathalmu
Reviewed 13 December 2013

This lovely resort currently has about 8 rooms with construction of more in progress. It is a delightful place with lovely gardens and a very nice swimming pool. There is a most pleasant and relaxing atmosphere in its restaurant and grounds. When we were there in December 2013, it was sunny, but the strong cool breeze made it such a nice place to sit around and chat with friends.
The staff are so very friendly and smiling as they served our meals. They offered to cook us special choices of seafood which we bought from the local market and charged us a most reasonable cooking fee. We enjoyed a delicious seafood dinner that evening. The breakfast the next day was excellent too. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mah T
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

Let me start with the things we really liked at the resort:
- the bed and matress were very comfi
- breakfast was good, and overall the food in the restaurant was delicious!
- there are motorbikes for rent at the resort
-the view from out room was great
- helpfull staff, although the level of english (speaking/understanding) differed

However a few things that we didn't like or that could be improved:
- the water pressure of the shower sucks
- some of the bedsheets and towels were worn off/threadbare (they were changed though when we asked)
- the name of the place would suggest that there would be an actual beach, which there isn't. See also other reviews: the sea where the resort is located at is a mangrove/muddy bat
- the resort really is in the middle of nowhere. The motorbike can get you anywhere, but you have to ride some bad, rocky dirt
roads and be prepared for some flat tires (if that happens: along the roads are little shops or houses that have a sign 'vulcanize'. They can fix your tire for a few cents)

All in all we would recommend this resort If you're looking for a quiet place to relax and do nothing.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Travelmore0405
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Great place for those who wants peace and refuge. It's a place to relax and not a place to party. People are kind and considerate. My daughter loves dogs and yes we were greeted by a dalmatian, dachsund named paolo and some other neat well groomed canines.

Its a mangrove section so dont expect white sands but a variety of birds like king fishers or pelicans. Bring your binoculars and cameras for bird watching.

Its a place to detox and feel the sea breeze. The rooms are decent and clean. For the prize its definitely worth it. The pool is great but there are people constructing nearby. We went by the night for more privacy.

I recommend this for families who wants peace and quite. You can proceed to white beach anyway if you want waves and sand.

I see it more as a retreat farm. Enjoy!

• Stayed: October 2013