All reviewsthe ownernice germanwhite beachwaters edgequiet placerestaurant areaisland hoppingsardinesmoalboal townstayed here for nightsmangomotorcycleresortphilippinesdvdspanagsamatricycle
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We visited the place as a group of 11 friends and had asked them to block 5 rooms for us. While we got off season rates, the customer service was just top notch!

The beauty of the place is just amazing even in slightly overcast conditions. The rooms all have big balconies with a pool facing view extending into the ocean. And when you get tired of just looking at it's beauty, pick up a kayak and head over to inspect it close up.

There is a deluge of animals kept on the resort. 4-5 different breeds of dogs will compete for your attention when you are at the dining table.. all very well behaved though; a couple of turtles, monkeys and a python. We had one kid in the group and he was thoroughly entertained.

The resort has water scooters and small boats that can be rented to go out snorkelling and diving.

Things that could be better: Fridge in the room, better shower, better life jackets and snorkelling equipment (take your own if you can), the snooker table was damaged and maybe waiting for the tourist season to star before being repaired.

For a better view, pick a room on the 1st floor rather than the ground floor.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ishvinder C
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We took a chance and just rolled up to the area without a booking asking a local motorbike taxi where was nice but not too expensive. This was perfect and we extended our proposed 2 nights to 3.

This is The Philippines folks and what they offer might not be to everyone's expectations. For instance hot showers are thought to be unnecessary in their climate. I dont particularly agree but its common enough practice in the country not to mark a place down that complies to their country's norm. So thats the minus side out of the way, now onto the good bits.

The owner is a congenial German who makes sure everything is right for you. He was so good at making sure I had sugar free fruit juices and after the first couple of tries all the staff knew when I order freshly made juice how I liked it. (I am diabetic and travelling in Asia where they like sugar can be challenging for me). The staff also learnt my quirky English habit of wanting tea in the morning made with my own tea bags. The food in the restaurant was always delicious, the only thing that wasnt perfect for me, but was to the standard of the country were the eggs, always cooked until the yolk was hard.

There are about 12 rooms at the resort, in blocks of not more than 4 scattered around the area like villas. They have ceiling fans and air con, with a good sized shower room. The staff only do your room when you ask, so if you want to just potter in and out all day without the bother of having someone cleaning around you, its fine. You must supply your own toiletries, whatever any of the booking sites say. Theres a good sized pool, central to the whole complex, ad the sea laps on side of it. However, it is a mangrove beach so not a swimming and sand castles beach. if you want this you need to go to somewhere like Whitesands, which is a couple of miles away. The hotel will call for a taxi for you. The motorbike taxi charged 250 pesos and waited all afternoon for us to return. This is the way to do it because its almost impossible to get an unbooked taxi to take you back again.

My son hired motorbikes from the resort to get around with his girlfriend to see the area, including one day with the famous Harley Davidson. I was happy just to chill out at the resort, soak up the sun and swim in the pool.

One of the delights of the resort was the interesting guests from other countries. Exchanging ideas with them was fascinating. One night I sat with a guest under the stars on the beach watching fireflies dance around the waters edge. Who needs TV when you have such delights? Another night I saw shooting stars. Wow.

Next time my travels take me to Asia,I am certainly going back here. Its a great place to chill.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank SuzieQuartly
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Upon arriving at the resort, every want or need was arranged immediately. Nicklaus is outstanding as well as staff. I took a half island tour on nick's beautiful harley. I will definitely be back. The room was comfortable and the pool was great!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 9 April 2014

For me this place is a hidden gem. It right off the beaten track, truly. About 6.5km from the town of Moalboal down what is mostly rough road. Though there is little to say about the beach, the rest of the place more that make up for that. All the staff there are very friendly, welcoming and very helpful. All the rooms have a balcony and are looking towards lovely well kept gardens.
It has a bar and restaurant with very good food. If you need to go anywhere the staff will always arrange for a tricycle or taxi at very good rates.
The beach was about 15mins by tricycle and very cheap and pick up at a stated time.
This place is tranquil apart from the usual roosters in the Philippines.
We would go back there for sure. Ian & Yet

Room Tip: All rooms face the gardens and towards the sea
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ian C
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Good friendly family run resort.
Owner (Nicohlas) will go out of his way to make your stay here exceptional! Food cheap and good. Rooms clean and comfortable. Area beautiful and tranquil. Diving school associated run by very friendly dutch family.
Only problem is a bit away from anything so need transport to get anywhere.
Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends