Ashford Haven
  • Breakfast included
Lisdonagh Manor House(Caherlistrane)
Peacockes Hotel(Maam Cross)
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here with another couple in May. We were attending a wedding in Ashford Castle. The place is spotless and nicely maintained. It is not luxury. If you want luxury, then you must pay luxury prices. At a rate of EUR65 or EUR70 for a double or twin room, I think people that complain about little details are pathetic. The house is really nice. These people are trying their best. If you ask for a fried breakfast in the morning, then expect to get a breakfast that is cooked in oil. I don't know any other way to cook a fry! Some of the comments by previous reviewers are pretty sad. They must be very spoilt individuals.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I wanted to confirm my booking the week I was due to arrive so I rang the landline phone number on the website but got an engaged tone for days, having read the previous persons comment about ringing her mobile and being given out to I decided not to so sent an email to their web address provided. No response! It's only a small thing but slightly strange that this is their business and they are completely uncontactable!

Anyway the house is beautiful and very clean with ample car parking outside.

The breakfast wasn't great, greasy and not very well cooked. Also the breakfast was between 07.45am and 08.30am - the first time i've ever come across this! So avoid if you're hoping for a lie in!!

Room Tip: Both rooms I saw were lovely and spacious.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank dolldoll200
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My sister and I booked at very short notice for a family funeral and were delighted with Ashford Haven. Our room was clean, spacious and very comfortable, the hosts kind and thoughtful, eg fresh milk to make a cup of tea and biscuits as "we might be a bit peckish after travelling" when we arrived. The views lovely enhanced no doubt by good weather.
The Irish breakfast was delicious and plentiful.
It is a great location for that part of Ireland, close to Cong and the beautiful Asford Castle, Loch Corrib, accassible for Galway Ballinrobe and Connemara, Knock airport.
We would both have no hesitation in recommending it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Noel and Ann were friendly and warm. Although the house is only ten years old with a nice appearance, it is missing some essentials. No hair dryer, had to replace tv, no shelf in the shower, no grab bar in shower, no chair in the bedroom, hot faucet in the bathroom not anchored, no light at the vanity mirror. On the positive side, the bed was excellent as well as the breakfast. The location was great with easy access to Cong which is a favorite village of our trip.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank HappyJack123
anne m, Owner at Ashford Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Sorry to our Guests for any inconvience caused during their stay at Ashford Haven. At the time the items mentioned were being replaced with more up to date items, Due to an unplaned delay of 2 day all was not complete. We at Ashford offer a 5***** service to our guests at all time and therefore we t update regularly to provide that high standard for all our valued guests.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

From start to finish this was a disaster!!!The owners were rude from the get go. They had their mobile number on the website and when I called they actually gave out to me for calling ehile they were in work. They were very rude on the phone. The week before arriving a emailed to confirm that we were still coming and I received no reply. I texted the day before and they called me to ask when I wanted to check in, as long as it was when suited them and fit around their schedule. I turned up on the day and they were not there. They told me they had tried to call ( I had no missed calls or texts) I was on the door step and they told me they could not accommodate me. DREADFUL, unprofessional!! I have no idea why they are running a B&b they are clearly uninterested in it. And as for being certified by Failte Ireland... I am stunned! They should be kicked off the list!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Emily B
anne m, Owner at Ashford Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

I contacted the guest 48 hours prior to arrival to confirm their arrival time as is nomral poractice as they did not have specified an arrival time. They saiid as they were going to a communion at that day and it would be ok to check in before or after , so we agreed for them to check in after the communion ,approx 1 pm. But then due to a family emergency I was unable to accommodate the guests. When this emergency became apparent the eveing prior to their arrival , I phoned the guests on the mobile number provided to me (which was the correct number) and as the phone when into message answer , I left a voice mail to explain that I would not be able to provide them with bed and breakfast as I had a family emergency, The next morning as I did not hear back from the guests I tried to phone again , but there was no answer and therefore I send a text message and expained the situation and requested them to contact me I Later that afternoon the guest arrived at Ashford Haven , I expained the situation and the messages I left for them, I recommended a bed and breakfast, just 2 minutes away that would accommodate them. They did not make an issue of this at all , I just can not understand why they would write such a negative review considering they knew I had a family emergency.!!!!!!