“Great Lunch Spot in Cong”
Review of Ryan's River Lodge

and 1 more site!
Ryan's River Lodge
Ranked #3 of 13 Cong B&B and Inns
New York
“Great Lunch Spot in Cong”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Most reviews for Ryans are for the B&B, we did not stay here, but we did eat here twice during our time in the Cong area.
Very good food and friendly service.
The tomato soup was off the hook and served with delicious homemade brown bread.
Try the toasted special sandwitch, just yummy!
They have assorted hot & cold sandwiches, salads, desserts etc.
Y0u have the option to dine inside or out (weather dependant!)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DMC71

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Pleasant Hill, Iowa
Reviewed 16 July 2013

This B&B was just charming! The view from our room was wonderful. Cong itself is such a charming town, the Abbey is beautiful and we had a wonderful experience at the Quiet Man museum. Breakfast was perfect!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dawn M
Essex
Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

Couldn't have asked for more from Martha. Very friendly and helpful, she worked non stop to keep the place spotless and accommodate our every need. We stayed with a few other people the night before attending a wedding in Cong and Martha looked after us all very well. Breakfast was very good with as much of anything as we wanted all cooked to order. I recommend the gorgeous fresh smoked salmon. Ideally situated in the centre of Cong with a nice outlook over the river and easy access just over the road to the castle park for some lovely walks. Didn't want to leave. Thanks for a lovely stay Martha.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank lillybeth1980
central pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

Right on the river, an easy walk to everything, including the grounds of the ostentatious Ashford Castle.
A clean B&B, inn keeper Martha is friendly and helpful. When we caught up with David, he gave us some good day trip suggestions; we were told that he's also a good fishing guide.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank pennstatetraveler
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Have just spent a few days here in the heart of Quiet Man country.
Martha looked after us really well. She is totally delightful, warm and welcoming and she cooks a mean breakfast. The whole place is really spotless. The rooms are small but so homely and the bed was a dream.
We would not hesitate to recommend a stay here.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Georgefamous5
London
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Stayed at the River Lodge one night with my mother and we had perfectly resting night. The room was pretty small and the decor is not necessarily my taste, but all in all it was perfectly decent and clean. Breakfast was nice, though my soft boiled eggs were actually hard boiled... It is perfectly located to walk anywhere in Cong and though it would have not been my first choice I am glad we stayed there and would recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I stayed at Ryan's River Lodge for two nights in April 2013. It's fabulously located on the river in the heart of Cong and within comfortable walking distance of the stunning Ashford Castle. It is also a short drive from Lisloughrey Lodge where I was attending a wedding. All in all, Ryan's provided the perfect place for me to feel settled during my trip. Martha and her family have kept the original character and decor which adds to the homely feel. I had everything I needed during my stay including a fabulous breakfast! My room had everything I expected and it was absolutely spotlessly clean but the bed was probably the piece de resistance for me. The mattress was so comfortable and had TWO duvets AND an electric blanket! Coupled with a well heated room, I had two very cosy nights of uninterrputed sleep! Thank you Martha for your hospitality and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this great value B&B to anyone looking to spend time in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cong
Ashford Castle
#4 of 14 in Westport
Lydons Lodge Hotel
Lydons Lodge Hotel
#7 of 13 in Cong

Been to Ryan's River Lodge? Share your experiences!